List Mgmt. NGA, Father son watch

Remove this Banner Ad

I presume so both played in Central Districts U16's team together and both played together coming through the junior ranks for Salisbury West Junior Football Club. Lowan would appear to be the better of the two on paper.

Central Districts tall Forward/Ruck Saxon Evans who is already 200cm caught my eye in a couple of games last year is also in our Crows Academy but obviously not an NGA or he'd certainly be on that list..
Why are there Academy players who we don't have access to?

Are we just developing players for others to draft? That feels like an SANFL job to me.

Why are there Academy players who we don't have access to?

Are we just developing players for others to draft? That feels like an SANFL job to me.
You tell me, all I know is I've seen Saxon Evans' name on our Crows Academy lists and I'm also aware he represented SA at U16's level in 2019 and that he's a product of Willaston FC/Central Districts FC. I've seen him play several times and he looks the goods playing Key Forward/Ruck (already 200+cms)

Watch the video...looks to be plenty there to work with....looks reasonably athletic for a big lad as well. #32 significant? ;)

You tell me, all I know is I've seen Saxon Evans' name on our Crows Academy lists and I'm also aware he represented SA at U16's level in 2019 and that he's a product of Willaston FC/Central Districts FC. I've seen him play several times and he looks the goods playing Key Forward/Ruck (already 200+cms)

Watch the video...looks to be plenty there to work with....looks reasonably athletic for a big lad as well. #32 significant? ;)

#32 - obviously he was a big Rene Van Dommele fan...

Thilthorpe mk2!!?

Hide him before it's too late!

I wonder if clubs will have unspoken agreements to not take players before pick 40 if they aren't considered first round talents in the future

We aren't going to get him though are we? The rule changes, just as it looks like we might actually get something out of the whole F/S & Academy bids, are probably going to cost us any benefit we would have had.
It sucks.
don't give up on young Newchurch just yet..and James Borlace too!!. I think both boys with a good AFL preseason and then hopefully a full SANFL season and another AFL preseason at the end of the year can both make it at AFL ceiling levels in my opinion

don't give up on young Newchurch just yet..and James Borlace too!!. I think both boys with a good AFL preseason and then hopefully a full SANFL season and another AFL preseason at the end of the year can both make it at AFL ceiling levels in my opinion
Except both were really late picks that no-one else wanted. Any other club could have bid on them, knowing we couldn't match.
It's a long way from what clubs like Sydney and the Dogs have had.

As I said before, I suspect we might be the club that has benefited least from all the F/S and Academy picks and the compromised drafts.

A glimpse into the future perhaps?:D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

L to R
Isaiah Dudley , Jacob Lochowiak, Blayne O'Loughlin, Lam Simon, Isaac Keeler.

1617024759463.png

So the northern states academies will work like normal it just everyone else's NGA that have to stick to the new guidelines?

So if Sydney GWS Brisbane or Gold Coast have more "top 5 draft pick" calibre players in their Academy they can still match in any round?

So the northern states academies will work like normal it just everyone else's NGA that have to stick to the new guidelines?

So if Sydney GWS Brisbane or Gold Coast have more "top 5 draft pick" calibre players in their Academy they can still match in any round?
Yep

Out of curiosity, with the NGA system, are those with a parent or parents born in other overseas countries where an official language is English still eligible as an NGA i.e. UK, Ireland, USA, Canada, South Africa, Jamaica etc?

Out of curiosity, with the NGA system, are those with a parent or parents born in other overseas countries where an official language is English still eligible as an NGA i.e. UK, Ireland, USA, Canada, South Africa, Jamaica etc?
I presume still current.

15.8 Qualified NGA Players
(a) For the purposes of this Rule 15, a Qualified NGA Player means a NGA Player who:
(i) was born in Africa or Asia; or
(ii) has a biological parent who was born in Africa or Asia; or
(iii) is an Indigenous Person; or
(iv) is a CALD NGA Player,
and:
(v) has not at any time been registered with AFL as a Player with any Club;
(vi) unless otherwise permitted by AFL, has not entered into a Next Generation Academy Agreement with a Club other than the Club seeking approval of that NGA Player as a Qualified NGA Player under Rule 15.8(d)15.8(d);
(vii) unless otherwise permitted by AFL, has been and continues to be domiciled in the relevant part of the Club’s NGA Region from the period after he first entered into a Next Generation Academy Agreement with the relevant Club;
(viii) unless otherwise permitted by AFL, has participated in at least 10 matches in the TAC Cup competition, SANFL under 18s Macca’s Cup competition, WAFL under 19s Colts competition or the underage national Australian football championships conducted under the auspices of AFL; and
(ix) is approved in writing by General Counsel under Rule 15.8(d).
(b) Qualified NGA Player Draft Selection
Subject to the requirements of this Rule 15.8, a Club may include a Qualified NGA Player as a Player on its Primary List by selecting the Qualified NGA Player at the National Draft Selection Meeting in accordance with the Determination for the National Draft Bidding System.
(c) Rookie Pre-selection
If a Qualified NGA Player is eligible to be selected in the National Draft Selection Meeting and is not selected, the relevant Club may include the Player on its Rookie List prior to the Rookie Draft Selection Meeting by lodging Form 34A by the date required by the AFL.
(d) Approval of General C
Counsel
(i) Notwithstanding any other criteria specified in these Rules, the General Counsel must approve in writing each NGA Player wishing to be classified as a Qualified NGA Player.
(ii) Such approval may be granted or withheld at the General Counsel’s discretion, may be provided on a conditional basis and revoked at any time if the conditions of approval cease to be met.
(iii) Unless otherwise permitted by the AFL, any request by a Club for approval of a NGA Player as a Qualified NGA Player may be made in writing from the commencement of the Football Year in which the player will have attained the age of 15 years as at 31 December and must be made by no later than a date as determined by the AFL in that Football Year.
(iv) A Club will provide all information requested by the General Counsel in relation to any request for approval under this Rule and bears the onus of satisfying the General Counsel in respect of the application that all relevant Rules have been complied with and all criteria have been met.
(v) Within 7 days of the General Counsel granting approval under this Rule, a Club must lodge with the AFL an agreement with the Qualified NGA Player in a form prescribed by the AFL and the Qualified NGA Player shall become bound to the Club for the purposes of Rule 15.8(b) and 15.8(c).
(e) Operation of Next Generation Academy During Relevant Period
Unless otherwise permitted by AFL, in order for a Club to include a NGA Qualified Player as a Player on its Primary List under Rule 15.8(b), a Club must have operated its Next Generation Academy in accordance with the NGA Minimum Requirements during all Football Years from the time that the particular Qualified NGA Player was first registered with that Club up to and including the time of the National Draft Selection Meeting at which the Qualified NGA Player is selected by the Club.
(f) Attendance at AFL and State Combines
Unless otherwise permitted by AFL, each Qualified NGA Player must attend Player screening/testing as directed by the AFL (including the AFL Combine).
(g) Requirements for Inclusion on Primary List or Rookie List
Prior to the National Draft Selection Meeting a Club which wants to include a Qualified NGA Player as a Player on its Primary List or Rookie List in accordance with Rules 15.8(c) and 15.8(c) must submit to AFL a duly completed application in the form prescribed by the AFL on or prior to such time as determined by AFL.
15.9 Over Age NGA Players
If a Qualified NGA Player is not included on a Club’s Primary List or Rookie List after attaining draft eligibility age, a Club may retain the Qualified NGA Player in the Football Year following the year they attain draft eligibility age for a period of one year in the Club’s Next Generation Academy, provided such Qualified NGA Player attends any screening/testing as directed by the AFL (including the AFL Combine), has previously nominated for the National Draft but has not been selected in any Draft and the General Counsel has granted his approval.
15.10 Breach of Rule 15
A breach of any provision of this Rule 15 shall be deemed conduct prejudicial to the Draft under Rule 29 and shall be dealt with by the Commission in accordance with the provisions of Rule 29.
15.11 Guidelines
Clubs must comply with any guidelines established from time to time by AFL in relation to the operation of this Rule 15 including, without limitation, guidelines relating to the approaching and signing of potential NGA Players.

I presume still current.

15.8 Qualified NGA Players
(a) For the purposes of this Rule 15, a Qualified NGA Player means a NGA Player who:
(i) was born in Africa or Asia; or
(ii) has a biological parent who was born in Africa or Asia; or
(iii) is an Indigenous Person; or
(iv) is a CALD NGA Player,
and:
(v) has not at any time been registered with AFL as a Player with any Club;
(vi) unless otherwise permitted by AFL, has not entered into a Next Generation Academy Agreement with a Club other than the Club seeking approval of that NGA Player as a Qualified NGA Player under Rule 15.8(d)15.8(d);
(vii) unless otherwise permitted by AFL, has been and continues to be domiciled in the relevant part of the Club’s NGA Region from the period after he first entered into a Next Generation Academy Agreement with the relevant Club;
(viii) unless otherwise permitted by AFL, has participated in at least 10 matches in the TAC Cup competition, SANFL under 18s Macca’s Cup competition, WAFL under 19s Colts competition or the underage national Australian football championships conducted under the auspices of AFL; and
(ix) is approved in writing by General Counsel under Rule 15.8(d).
(b) Qualified NGA Player Draft Selection
Subject to the requirements of this Rule 15.8, a Club may include a Qualified NGA Player as a Player on its Primary List by selecting the Qualified NGA Player at the National Draft Selection Meeting in accordance with the Determination for the National Draft Bidding System.
(c) Rookie Pre-selection
If a Qualified NGA Player is eligible to be selected in the National Draft Selection Meeting and is not selected, the relevant Club may include the Player on its Rookie List prior to the Rookie Draft Selection Meeting by lodging Form 34A by the date required by the AFL.
(d) Approval of General C
Counsel
(i) Notwithstanding any other criteria specified in these Rules, the General Counsel must approve in writing each NGA Player wishing to be classified as a Qualified NGA Player.
(ii) Such approval may be granted or withheld at the General Counsel’s discretion, may be provided on a conditional basis and revoked at any time if the conditions of approval cease to be met.
(iii) Unless otherwise permitted by the AFL, any request by a Club for approval of a NGA Player as a Qualified NGA Player may be made in writing from the commencement of the Football Year in which the player will have attained the age of 15 years as at 31 December and must be made by no later than a date as determined by the AFL in that Football Year.
(iv) A Club will provide all information requested by the General Counsel in relation to any request for approval under this Rule and bears the onus of satisfying the General Counsel in respect of the application that all relevant Rules have been complied with and all criteria have been met.
(v) Within 7 days of the General Counsel granting approval under this Rule, a Club must lodge with the AFL an agreement with the Qualified NGA Player in a form prescribed by the AFL and the Qualified NGA Player shall become bound to the Club for the purposes of Rule 15.8(b) and 15.8(c).
(e) Operation of Next Generation Academy During Relevant Period
Unless otherwise permitted by AFL, in order for a Club to include a NGA Qualified Player as a Player on its Primary List under Rule 15.8(b), a Club must have operated its Next Generation Academy in accordance with the NGA Minimum Requirements during all Football Years from the time that the particular Qualified NGA Player was first registered with that Club up to and including the time of the National Draft Selection Meeting at which the Qualified NGA Player is selected by the Club.
(f) Attendance at AFL and State Combines
Unless otherwise permitted by AFL, each Qualified NGA Player must attend Player screening/testing as directed by the AFL (including the AFL Combine).
(g) Requirements for Inclusion on Primary List or Rookie List
Prior to the National Draft Selection Meeting a Club which wants to include a Qualified NGA Player as a Player on its Primary List or Rookie List in accordance with Rules 15.8(c) and 15.8(c) must submit to AFL a duly completed application in the form prescribed by the AFL on or prior to such time as determined by AFL.
15.9 Over Age NGA Players
If a Qualified NGA Player is not included on a Club’s Primary List or Rookie List after attaining draft eligibility age, a Club may retain the Qualified NGA Player in the Football Year following the year they attain draft eligibility age for a period of one year in the Club’s Next Generation Academy, provided such Qualified NGA Player attends any screening/testing as directed by the AFL (including the AFL Combine), has previously nominated for the National Draft but has not been selected in any Draft and the General Counsel has granted his approval.
15.10 Breach of Rule 15
A breach of any provision of this Rule 15 shall be deemed conduct prejudicial to the Draft under Rule 29 and shall be dealt with by the Commission in accordance with the provisions of Rule 29.
15.11 Guidelines
Clubs must comply with any guidelines established from time to time by AFL in relation to the operation of this Rule 15 including, without limitation, guidelines relating to the approaching and signing of potential NGA Players.
On the criteria that you just posted, is it fair to assume that out of the countries I named, that only South Africa would qualify?

The reason I ask is that there are former players of ours that could have kids that could qualify for Port as well as or instead of us because of this i.e. Ian Perrie, Kris Massie or Rhett Biglands.

Last edited:
2022 NGA KPF/Ruck Isaac Keeler on fire today for the Roosters U18's with 5 goals already early into the final quarter...I think we might need to start getting our head around the fact he won't be a crow unless we use an early pick on him. No Jamarra Ugle-Hagan cheating the system for us unfortunately. :mad:

2021 NGA Blayne O'Loughlin with a lazy 25 disposals in the same game thus far.

Isaiah Dudley with 16 disposals and a goal for the doggies in a team under the pump.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back