Nick Daicos

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nup. I didn't say Sheezel would be better did i. If so show me. I said he is tracking better using the same flawed logic that Daicos is tracking better than some of our games greats.
aren't you the person who claimed 50% of Ginnivans goals last year were from frees. Sounds like you make up your own stats to support your drivel.

danster168 & Lavender Bushranger . The potential GOAT averages 36.7 disposals per game this year (220 disposals). He has taken 22 kick outs so far -
View attachment 1670934

Subtract that 22 from 220, you’ll get 198 divided by 6 = 33 disposals per game average.

Are these 3.7 possessions per game seriously what you guys are whinging about?

Doesn't that support my view about possessions in isolation, being a garbage stat?

It's instantly 10% wrong, as you've pointed out. And that doesn't even include the 1-2 from kick outs which fudge that stat even further.

It's just a nonsense stat that in isolation does not tell us anything in terms of a players' quality and impact on games.

I think you've supported my argument quite well.

Doesn't that support my view about possessions in isolation, being a garbage stat?

It's instantly 10% wrong, as you've pointed out. And that doesn't even include the 1-2 from kick outs which fudge that stat even further.

It's just a nonsense stat that in isolation does not tell us anything in terms of a players' quality and impact on games.

Good Lord. you're still going on about it. If youre a good boy he might have a bad game soon. It'll be like Xmas for you :)

Absolutely no one, Collingwood supporters or not, are even arguing with you about his possession tally being the factor being why he is rated so highly. I don’t understand why you’re electing to just argue with people for the sake of arguing.

He could have 25 possessions, he could have 15, it’s not even about how many times he gets it, it’s what he is doing with it and his ability to influence games that is most impressive. Possessions are just a byproduct of it.

Do you think the coaches have him as the #1 player in the competition so far because they look at his possession tally at the end of the game or the influence he has on each individual game?

He is on 45 coaches votes from a possible 60. There’s obviously something he is doing exceptionally well, which is even more impressive considering he is 30 odd games into his AFL career.

Absolutely no one, Collingwood supporters or not, are even arguing with you about his possession tally being the factor being why he is rated so highly. I don’t understand why you’re electing to just argue with people for the sake of arguing.

He could have 25 possessions, he could have 15, it’s not even about how many times he gets it, it’s what he is doing with it and his ability to influence games that is most impressive. Possessions are just a byproduct of it.

Do you think the coaches have him as the #1 player in the competition so far because they look at his possession tally at the end of the game or the influence he has on each individual game?

He is on 45 coaches votes from a possible 60. There’s obviously something he is doing exceptionally well, which is even more impressive considering he is 30 odd games into his AFL career.
I'm not arguing anything about Daicos.

I'm arguing that the stats 'possessions' (or Disposals) and Metres Gained are rubbish when presented in isolation.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I agree with everything you said. It's just the throw away lines that people, and not just pies fans but also commentators say like 'he's the only player that's had 40 and 2 goals'. So that will automatically invite people to say at the very least challenge the disposal total because like has been pointed out 3-5 of them are kickouts which is actually 10% and like has been pointed out, that doesn't include the 1-2's.

Probably not big enough, will get knocked around. But why change something that's having him be a top 3 player in the game, and the team on top of the ladder?
Nailed it. He has had 3 games of at least 30 and 2 goals out of 6 so far. No other player in the competition has done it more than once. Why would you change his role? 😂

He could have 25 possessions, he could have 15, it’s not even about how many times he gets it, it’s what he is doing with it and his ability to influence games that is most impressive.

That's literally what I've been saying - and people with primary school level reading comprehension skills have been melting down about it.

I agree with everything you said. It's just the throw away lines that people, and not just pies fans but also commentators say like 'he's the only player that's had 40 and 2 goals'. So that will automatically invite people to say at the very least challenge the disposal total because like has been pointed out 3-5 of them are kickouts which is actually 10% and like has been pointed out, that doesn't include the 1-2's.

Everyone with a brain understands that when a player gets 40 touches there are gonna be a bunch of cheap possessions in there... The thing with Daicos is though, the team LOVES when he gets cheap possessions, because he's insanely good with the ball. Macrae has literally built our game plan around Daicos getting cheap possessions at half back and rebounding

Last edited:
Everyone with a brain understands that when a player gets 40 touches there are gonna be a bunch of cheap possessions in there... The thing with Daicos is though, the team LOVES when he gets cheap possessions, because he's insanely good with the ball. Macrae has literally built out game plan around Daicos getting cheap possessions at half back and rebounding
Apparently you have to win the ball on hands and knees - stand up and break 3 tackles, 10 times a qtr.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back