AFLW NMFC AFLW [Season 2022]

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Be considerate. A couple of umpires will get a Guantanamo Bay special from head office for not ignoring even more holding the balls and holds off the ball.

Yeah, looked for a minute like the full "keep them in it" umpiring was about to descend, but it never did.

How good is Conti though?

Yeah, looked for a minute like the full "keep them in it" umpiring was about to descend, but it never did.

How good is Conti though?

She's a gun. I'm still waiting for the outcry about them poaching elite players as part of their list build though?

I'm still waiting for the outcry about them poaching elite players as part of their list build though?
Just on this (we shouldn't even dignify it with a response, but I know I certainly can't help myself sometimes), here's what known Tiger cheerleader Sarah Black simply had to include in her match report:
Make no mistake, despite just one year of development separating the pair, there's a world of difference between North Melbourne and Richmond. Some of that is down to the list build; the Kangaroos were keen to win a flag as early as possible and recruited 15 players from other clubs. Under slightly different list build rules, Richmond brought eight on board.
The reality is we had 8 FA expansion signings from other clubs out there this weekend. Gold Coast also had 8. West Coast and St Kilda had 7. Geelong had 5. Richmond had 4, and it would've been more but Kate Sheahan scared players away, nothing to do with rules.

Anybody who saw the girls singing the song last weekend probably wouldn't be shocked by that stat, given the number of players in the middle of the circle.

Just on this (we shouldn't even dignify it with a response, but I know I certainly can't help myself sometimes), here's what known Tiger cheerleader Sarah Black simply had to include in her match report:

The reality is we had 8 FA expansion signings from other clubs out there this weekend. Gold Coast also had 8. West Coast and St Kilda had 7. Geelong had 5. Richmond had 4, and it would've been more but Kate Sheahan scared players away, nothing to do with rules.

Anybody who saw the girls singing the song last weekend probably wouldn't be shocked by that stat, given the number of players in the middle of the circle.

Also note that we got punished in the draft in our inaugural season simply for recruiting well. Richmond kept their access to high draft picks if I'm not mistaken.

Also note that we got punished in the draft in our inaugural season simply for recruiting well. Richmond kept their access to high draft picks if I'm not mistaken.
Oh yeahhh. Off the top of my head Richmond were handed out picks 1, 7, 25, 31, 43, 58 and 73. North didn't get any compo picks. I'm scouring the match report for a mention of that, I'm sure it's in there somewhere!

Thought Wright looked good today, didn't get much of a read on her in the first two games but IIRC seemed to win her matchup each time today. Obviously plenty on top form when you belt the opposition, including Riddell and Garner who seem to be involved in everything, but Randall's work in defence has been standout good the last two weeks as well. Always fun to win big!

Thought Wright looked good today, didn't get much of a read on her in the first two games but IIRC seemed to win her matchup each time today. Obviously plenty on top form when you belt the opposition, including Riddell and Garner who seem to be involved in everything, but Randall's work in defence has been standout good the last two weeks as well. Always fun to win big!
Wright was definetly better today compared to her past 2 weeks but she’s still not at the level of the rest imo

when bresnehan is fit and could be this week she’d be the one to make way for her

Gilroy is pretty impressive considering how new she is to the game.

The Irish players benefit from the slower pace of the game.

Gives them more time on their stepping evasive maneuvers and sometimes a bit of time to kick which they can both need and maximise.

Gilroy is a classic quick creative attacking half back. Apart from Jim Stynes all the best Male GAA players have played this role - Kenneally, Tuohy, McKenna.

It will be the same with the women.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good win.
* Richmond.

Hate seeing the Kangaroos up there.
The girls train at North Melbourne, they sing under North Melbourne so ******* refer to them as North Melbourne

* Nicole Livingston

The Irish players benefit from the slower pace of the game.

Gives them more time on their stepping evasive maneuvers and sometimes a bit of time to kick which they can both need and maximise.

Gilroy is a classic quick creative attacking half back. Apart from Jim Stynes all the best Male GAA players have played this role - Kenneally, Tuohy, McKenna.

It will be the same with the women.

Hope we give Aileen the licence to run. There were a couple of times yesterday when she seemed to have an open field in front of her but she kicked to a contest instead. She's going to tear games apart if she is given freedom to take a few bounces.

Good win.
fu** Richmond.

Hate seeing the Kangaroos up there.
The girls train at North Melbourne, they sing under North Melbourne so ******* refer to them as North Melbourne

fu** Nicole Livingston

I hope we do not push anti-Tasmania rhetoric here, they are much like us in that they have been kicked around and treated like an afterthought. I think it is unfair for Tasmanian supporters who have grown to love our club to have to endure hostile comments here when they just come here to love the same thing we do.

Hope we give Aileen the licence to run. There were a couple of times yesterday when she seemed to have an open field in front of her but she kicked to a contest instead. She's going to tear games apart if she is given freedom to take a few bounces.

Suspect she might need to master bouncing on the run.

Boomer ... this is a job for you.

I hope we do not push anti-Tasmania rhetoric here, they are much like us in that they have been kicked around and treated like an afterthought. I think it is unfair for Tasmanian supporters who have grown to love our club to have to endure hostile comments here when they just come here to love the same thing we do.
They love North Melbourne?
My gripe is the Kangaroos label and they should be upset at it as well

Mines Ash Riddell.... ;)
Very quickly becoming mine too. I love her story about how she worked hard after being overlooked, and the way she plays.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back