No. 2 Ruck

Remove this Banner Ad

speedy

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 5, 2001
Melbourne, VIC
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Looks like Porter has the No.1 spot sewn up.

Where does this leave Spider?

Considering Porter is going to be on the field 70 to 80% of the time, Petrie would be better for team balance as the No.2 ruckman than Burton.
He is more versatile and Pagan has already shown that he is comfortable playing Drew in the backline.

I personally believe Spider was set for a big year, but "team balance" might do him in.

I dono- but I think it would be a real shame to just push Burton out of the way?! As much as I want to see Petrie....... Burton has been good for us- and I think we should repay him for his efforts....

I dono..

Go Roos2002

On available players at the moment, Porter is no doubt our number 1 choice in the ruck. I'd place Burton on the bench to come on for 10 minutes or so each qtr to give Porter a rest. Porter can rest down on the forward line.

With Mick now injured, we'll most likely need McCartney down back, to perhaps have first crack at Tredrea. Archer will take Cornes, and The Dish could be a good match up on a Lade whom has been playing forward in the Wiz Cup games. Baird, assuming he gets promoted, I'd let him run off the half back flank. The smaller guys like Motlop, Kingy etc.. can cover the smaller forwards.

So for the first round couple of rounds, we could experiment with The Dish in the backline, Porter in the ruck and Spider making cameos off the bench.

Sounds like a pretty good setup to me Aussie_Roo!

Lade is a ruck/forward isnt he? Well it seems Petrie is gonna become a ruck/defender- hope he does well!

Go Roos

theres no doubt Porters the best ruckmen at the club, but really whats the point of having a one possie player in burton on the bench. Burton should either be no.1 ruck or not in the side, cause Petrie needs the experience, and if we dont play him he may want to leave next year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back