Rumour No more Mrs Hardwick

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fairly grotty reporting with nobody going on the record and a club statement playing a straight bat.

Maybe next week somebody will write "How Jackie Epstein shagged her way through a career in jounalism". Even if it's not true.

It would be grotty reporting if there was no statement from the club and it was all still rumors. Clear now part of it isn't a rumor.

Why would a member of Richmond's commercial sales staff need to be in the bubble? Seems like the club may have facilitated fledgeling relationship?
She flew herself and quarantined separately in Darwin before joining Dimma grand final week apparently

Until Caro applies her righteous cold hard logic - I’m not having any of this hogwash and speculation.

"Personally I think its a disgusting accusation. My sources tell me that nothing of the sort occured and it was a pure accident. Hardwick was walking too the toilet naked and managed to trip and fall into the club nutrionist who was walking in the opposite direction and impregnate her, Its being overblown Mike"

You're doing a James Hird there and pointing to the org chart.

The senior coach of an AFL club would have power and at least perceived authority over almost every person there.

Personnally though, FWIW, I'm not really a fan of these blanket rules that society makes to try make things black and white.

There are clearly some cases where people in positions of power abuse it in order to exploit or take advantage of others.
But then there are other situations where it has nothing to do with it.

I don't know whether that applies in this case, and it's obviously none of my business either - but I'd be shocked if Richmond get away with the 'it's a personal matter' line.

Regardless of my personal opinion, that sh*t doesn't fly in a progessional organisation these days.

Fair enough.

Completely agree the "its a personal matter line" isn't going to fly in the world we live in.

This is going to simmer on footy forums, social media and gossip columns to become a "did Hardwick kill Richmond's culture?" or "are the players still playing for Hardwick?" point of discussion whenever the team's form fluctuates and people will eat it up.

Even if clubs say they don't read the media it will be read by some within the club and form part of the narrative of the 2021 season so they'll have to be diligent to make sure its not becoming a distraction in any area of the club.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why would the players give a fu**, does who he hooks up with affect his coaching?
Doesn't make him any less of a coach.

But it'll have caused an interesting conversation between him and Cotchin.

meh who cares

Just because he has turned out to be a good coach doesn't mean he isn't a shit bloke

Happend all the time, sounds like some serious cabin fever up in the hub!

All love.

This sums it up pretty well from the club
“ The Club is aware that coach Damien Hardwick is currently in a relationship with a member of the Club’s administration staff. The Club has no concerns with this under Club policy. Beyond this, it is a private matter and we ask that privacy be respected.”

Its a privates matter

correct

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back