No VFL next week for returning players

Remove this Banner Ad

Moore will be a superstar

I think he could be too.
Enormous potential.

It may have passed Blair by but still and always a Premiership Player.

Smith has done his bit but I don't think ever much more than depth and/or a role player. He still has some time.

Don't think either should still be on the list.
Even at his best Blair wasn't in our best 20 and he's been way past his best for years now. Certainly a good servant though.

Smith isn't AFL standard, in my opinion.

Probably better for Darcy. Of late he's only lasted 2 weeks then off again.

The club seriously needs to invest in some scotch tape...... Bruce Reid 12th man style.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Its clearly off the cards. AFL only announced this week Tasmania will have a VFL team in 2021.

There will be a riot in Tassie if the AFL announce they can join the VFL in 3 years... but the entire AFL is leaving the VFL a year or 2 before they join.

In a perfect world we would get a full national
reserves competition and Tassie get 2 teams... one in Launceston and one in Hobart.

Its clearly off the cards. AFL only announced this week Tasmania will have a VFL team in 2021.

There will be a riot in Tassie if the AFL announce they can join the VFL in 3 years... but the entire AFL is leaving the VFL a year or 2 before they join.

In a perfect world we would get a full national
reserves competition and Tassie get 2 teams... one in Launceston and one in Hobart.

So the AFL sticking to there Shitting State League Plans

That's the way the cookie crumbles in an odd-numbered competition sometimes, I'm afraid.

I mean, it would be much better for the second half of this VFL season to be 6 games then the last the bye, rather than 3 and then the last bye, but what can you do?

Walsh has indicated that that weekend will see the this week's returners, along with a few more currently listed as 1-2 weeks away, taking part in a intra-club/match simulation/whatever that bye weekend. And I can't help but feel that they prefer to stagger the returns to the VFL team anyway...

Regardless, we've won in this stretch without the likes of Aish/Moore/Fasolo/Elliott/Smith/Blair, so we're just going to have to do without them for a while longer. And even when they're all playing again, there's a legitimate question as to whether any or all of them are even best 22 anymore...
Will it be used as another AFL trial of new rules?

This is a real inconvenience. We would of potentially had Elliott and Aish making their returns and if Moore doesn't play AFL he would of got another game under his belt.

Would we really do an intra club of some sort? Or more likely take the conservative root and just another week off

This is a real inconvenience. We would of potentially had Elliott and Aish making their returns and if Moore doesn't play AFL he would of got another game under his belt.

Would we really do an intra club of some sort? Or more likely take the conservative root and just another week off
I think they must have a full inter club with all available VFL players.
Can have it Sunday morning at Holden centre...with 1 held over for Afternoon WC game.
Assume Elliott will need 2-3 VFL games to get his fitness up.
Maybe Aish 1-2 games (he should have a better fitness base compared to Elliott).

I say good chance be at least Match Simulation at VFL Training this Week

Remove this Banner Ad

Back