Scary_Foot_9

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 16, 2013
Canberra
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Tottenham, Cubs, Leafs, Ravens
It’ll be a good day when we no longer have to hear about the Marsh Family.

I don’t mind Mitch but the rest of them can gracefully leave the stage as far as I’m concerned.

Scary_Foot_9

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 16, 2013
Canberra
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Usman I like you but that was an idiotic shot.

Collapse imminent me feels.

Scary_Foot_9

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 16, 2013
Canberra
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Labuschagne duck too now. This is the collapse you were talking about Scary_Foot_9

Yeah feel sorry for the kid. No way he’s ready for prime time. Not playing Renshaw and Maxwell is just self defeating. Just creating more demons in young players on the subcontinent.

(And you know Maxwell’s actually a good player of spin.)

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Scary_Foot_9

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 16, 2013
Canberra
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Australia lost 10 for 60. That's Carltonesque pathetic.
Could be all over before the tea interval tomorrow. No, maybe even before lunch.

It’s all mental at this point. They just can’t cope with two wickets falling in quick succession.

Bemoreboyddog

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 4, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I just found out that the legendary Australian athlete, Peter Norman, was the Doggies' running coach during the 1980s.
And today, October 9th - the day of Norman's funeral in 2006 - was declared Peter Norman Day by US athletics officials for Norman's gesture in supporting Tommie Smith and John Carlos on the dais when they gave their famous black power salute at the 1968 Olympics in Mexico City.
The incident ended Norman's career and it took until 2012 for federal parliament to apologise for the way he was treated by Australian athletics officialdom.
Norman's nephew, Matt (a Doggies fan) was interviewed yesterday in a podcast by the ABC's Richard Fidler. He's made a documentary about his uncle, called Salute.
For those too young to remember, Norman won the 200 metres silver medal in what is still the Australian record time.
He knew that Carlos and Smith were going to stage a protest on the dais, and suggested that they share a pair of black gloves in their salute when he heard that one pair got left back in the village. That's why one has his left fist raised and the other his right.
Smith and Carlos both came to Australia to act as pall bearers at Norman's funeral.
It's a great story and I'm proud that the Doggies had a tiny bit of involvement in it.
http://www.abc.net.au/radio/programs/conversations/conversations-matt-norman/10326552
Was my dad’s PE teacher when he was at school as well, think that may have been in Williamstown.

I just found out that the legendary Australian athlete, Peter Norman, was the Doggies' running coach during the 1980s.
And today, October 9th - the day of Norman's funeral in 2006 - was declared Peter Norman Day by US athletics officials for Norman's gesture in supporting Tommie Smith and John Carlos on the dais when they gave their famous black power salute at the 1968 Olympics in Mexico City.
The incident ended Norman's career and it took until 2012 for federal parliament to apologise for the way he was treated by Australian athletics officialdom.
Norman's nephew, Matt (a Doggies fan) was interviewed yesterday in a podcast by the ABC's Richard Fidler. He's made a documentary about his uncle, called Salute.
For those too young to remember, Norman won the 200 metres silver medal in what is still the Australian record time.
He knew that Carlos and Smith were going to stage a protest on the dais, and suggested that they share a pair of black gloves in their salute when he heard that one pair got left back in the village. That's why one has his left fist raised and the other his right.
Smith and Carlos both came to Australia to act as pall bearers at Norman's funeral.
It's a great story and I'm proud that the Doggies had a tiny bit of involvement in it.
http://www.abc.net.au/radio/programs/conversations/conversations-matt-norman/10326552

I remember that happening, but had no idea about Norman. What a summer that was. People talk about bad times in the US now certainly should look back at all of the events of 1968. I wanted to go into Chicago to protest at the Democratic Convention, but my dad wouldn't let me. I was 16 at the time. Thanks dad.

It's fitting that Norman is finally acknowledged for the brave stance he took that day and the retribution it caused him here. I saw his 97 year old mother on TV yesterday. How proud she is about his well deserved recognition.

I remember that happening, but had no idea about Norman. What a summer that was. People talk about bad times in the US now certainly should look back at all of the events of 1968. I wanted to go into Chicago to protest at the Democratic Convention, but my dad wouldn't let me. I was 16 at the time. Thanks dad.

It's fitting that Norman is finally acknowledged for the brave stance he took that day and the retribution it caused him here. I saw his 97 year old mother on TV yesterday. How proud she is about his well deserved recognition.
Peter Norman is a legend C1. Educate yourself Yank. :p:rainbow:

Peter Norman is a legend C1. Educate yourself Yank. :p:rainbow:
He may be now, but he wasn't at the time. He was treated like s**t when he returned.

"After the salute, Norman's career suffered greatly. A 2012 CNN profile said that "he returned home to Australia a pariah, suffering unofficial sanction and ridicule as the Black Power salute's forgotten man. He never ran in the Olympics again."[12] He was not selected for the Olympic Games in Munich in 1972 despite turning in adequate times, and was not welcomed even three decades later at the 2000 Summer Olympics in Sydney."

And with all due respect, he did only come in second. I guess he's kinda like the Sharn of the Men's 200m Mexico Olympics. ;)

lateniter

All Australian
Oct 9, 2012
NSW Hunter Valley
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Norwood, East Perth, Spurs, 49ers
Jun 7, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
San Antonio, West Ham, Renegades
First game I’ve seen of Abbas. Beautiful bowler, has been on the money from ball one of the test and just wears you out.

Hoping Head and Labuschagne can make some runs in this innings. The Marsh’s at 3 and 4 was always likely to end like this. Shaun has always looked dodgy at the top of the order, 5 was the first spot he’s looked comfortable. Mitch is probably a 7, at best 6. Going to be a long six months waiting for Smiths comeback.

He may be now, but he wasn't at the time. He was treated like s**t when he returned.

"After the salute, Norman's career suffered greatly. A 2012 CNN profile said that "he returned home to Australia a pariah, suffering unofficial sanction and ridicule as the Black Power salute's forgotten man. He never ran in the Olympics again."[12] He was not selected for the Olympic Games in Munich in 1972 despite turning in adequate times, and was not welcomed even three decades later at the 2000 Summer Olympics in Sydney."

And with all due respect, he did only come in second. I guess he's kinda like the Sharn of the Men's 200m Mexico Olympics. ;)
I knew all that teach.
Don't dare compare him to Sharn.

Scary_Foot_9

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 16, 2013
Canberra
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Some fortune along the way but a great knock from Usman. Given the circumstance of the match and the low and slow conditions that don't suit him at all, probably his best for Australia.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back