Non-AFL chat thread part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Thoughts? Seemed a fair enough decision. Only similar thing a can remember is Nalbandian for kicking the linesman/advertising stand

The rules are the rules. 100% he had to be defaulted. There is no grey area here. It’s not like AFL, where he would have a lettuce leaf style punishment. Tennis has standards and integrity.
It’s just a shame, as he was probably going to win the tournament in a canter. There aren’t many tennis tournaments around at the moment and age may prevent him from breaking records he might otherwise have done.

The rules are the rules. 100% he had to be defaulted. There is no grey area here. It’s not like AFL, where he would have a lettuce leaf style punishment. Tennis has standards and integrity.
It’s just a shame, as he was probably going to win the tournament in a canter. There aren’t many tennis tournaments around at the moment and age may prevent him from breaking records he might otherwise have done.

Hows the mayo the ballgirl put on it 😂😂😂

Question on The Chase

Q The Ayatollah Komeini referred to the USA as

A The Big Kahuna
B The Great Satan
C The Grand Poobah

She went with A :p :p :p

Last edited:
Clippers blew a 3-1 lead. Absolutely shocked, had them as champs all year.

Really like the other three teams left (even though Celtics fans are annoying af), they play hard and they are really fun to watch but surely it’s LeBron’s and the Lakers to lose now.
Celtics heat is going to be a fun series. Both high energy.

Celtics heat is going to be a fun series. Both high energy.

Agreed, especially if game one is anything to go by.

Whos your tip? Would be surprised if it doesn’t go to at least 6, expecting another game 7 though. Think I’m picking the Celtics just but it’s so even. Dragic playing like its 2017 has taken Heat to another level.

I originally picked the Celts to win the series as I think Tatum is the best player in the series and that usually determines the outcome. Heat have been so good though and such even team performances. They've been a bit of a surprise packet so far, so who knows. They could easily keep it going.
Heat have no real leaks on the defensive end, but on the other side I feel like Walker is going to get abused more and more as the series goes on. He's not doing enough on the offensive end to offset that currently.
Also going for the Heat, Smart may have 1 more offensive game like that in the series, maybe. I wouldn't be counting on it though, it was probably a one off.
Robinson was poor and should bounce back.
A lot in Heat's favour IMO.

Even though Clips cost me $200 by losing, I'm glad they're out. Just a s**t stain team. Full of wannabe thug flogs. Maybe try actually winning something before carrying on like you're world champs. Doc didn't adjust at all in that series. Harrell had to be off the floor. I feel a bit for Leonard cos I think he was a bit injured and he seems to be the only one that has any humility on that team but apart from that, see ya flogs.

Agreed, especially if game one is anything to go by.

Whos your tip? Would be surprised if it doesn’t go to at least 6, expecting another game 7 though. Think I’m picking the Celtics just but it’s so even. Dragic playing like its 2017 has taken Heat to another level.
I've liked the Celtics for a fair chunk of the regular season - pre bubble, I think they get it done, but can see it going to 7.
Lakers must be rubbing their hands together.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Born in 92 so I’m too young to have seen Dean Jones other than old cricket highlights.

So sad, only 59! Was so shocked

Feel for Brett Lee too. What an awful situation for him. Hope he has support around him
Was a mad cricket fan in the late 80's early 90's at Deano's peak.

The days when ODI attracted 80,000. Seems like a long time ago tonight

Shocked.

Happy Feast of St Francis of Assisi, patron saint of animals!

As some of you might know, some Christian churches have a special blessing for their congregants' pets, especially Catholic, Anglican and Lutheran denominations. I always found it difficult to get my cats to our local Catholic parish to have them blessed each year. However, I did manage to get my late cat, Jordan, included in a blessing one year back in the 90s. Since the local Lutheran church was just down the street, I figured, what the hell heck, I'd get him blessed there. After that day I often referred to him as my Protestant cat.

I guess today is just a special day to be thankful for the pets we have and for what they do for us. I don't know what I would have done without my Zsa Zsa during this lockdown. On some days she is the only other human being I see. :)

May all of your pets have long lives.

Here endeth the lesson,

Rev. Chicago1

Happy Feast of St Francis of Assisi, patron saint of animals!

As some of you might know, some Christian churches have a special blessing for their congregants' pets, especially Catholic, Anglican and Lutheran denominations. I always found it difficult to get my cats to our local Catholic parish to have them blessed each year. However, I did manage to get my late cat, Jordan, included in a blessing one year back in the 90s. Since the local Lutheran church was just down the street, I figured, what the hell heck, I'd get him blessed there. After that day I often referred to him as my Protestant cat.

I guess today is just a special day to be thankful for the pets we have and for what they do for us. I don't know what I would have done without my Zsa Zsa during this lockdown. On some days she is the only other human being I see. :)

May all of your pets have long lives.

Here endeth the lesson,

Rev. Chicago1

Best post all day Chicago. :grinning::thumbsu:

I took dad's dog to a couple of services nearly 20 years ago (yikes).

I wished my 2 cats happy World Animal Day this morning and the princess replied "hmm, I don't think I like animals much".

“Not to hurt our humble brethren is our first duty to them, but to stop there is not enough.”

St. Francis of Assisi

Remove this Banner Ad

Back