News Non-Crows AFLW 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

And here goes all the talk about the SuperMum. It’s not like there are other women who’ve had kids and gone back to sport!
They really used her as the poster child of the league believing she was the best Womens player out there for the last 4 years and one of those seasons she missed and she was still all they talked about.
If Erin Philips was Victorian or even is she played for Collingwood instead of us they would be so far up her ass we would barley hear Daisy's name

Daisy Pearce ain't even the best player in her own team let alone being one of the top players in the competition. Time for the media to stop over rating her.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’ve never understood the bagging of Daisy on this board. Any sensible analysis of the AFLW has Erin as the best player in the league, but Daisy is right up there and a magnificent player in her own right.

I love watching both of them.

And here goes all the talk about the SuperMum. It’s not like there are other women who’ve had kids and gone back to sport!
Ah come on. I reckon it's brilliant that she's had two years off, had twins and has fought her way back to fitness to play in an AFLW team. Gives a lot of hope to other female athletes. It's not Daisy's fault that she's been the poster girl for the league.

Last edited:
They push like she's the only one to do it. They completely ignore other players who have also done it. Will they do the same for Jess Duffin next year/year after? That's what annoys me. It's the media narrative that ignores others over their favourite.

She's not a great footballer to me, she's a good one, but with the excellent midfield from Darebin being removed from around her shows up that she isn't as great as they proclaim.

Another poor AFLW content piece, with the team of the week featuring 22 players instead of the 21 that actually play AFLW matches

I must say I hoped for the standard of play in the AFLW after year 1 to improve. Based on round 1 , its gone backwards. Absolutely poor. Have they introduced too many teams as the player depth is low. Didn't they get a pay rise this year.? The public is being fooled.

I must say I hoped for the standard of play in the AFLW after year 1 to improve. Based on round 1 , its gone backwards. Absolutely poor. Have they introduced too many teams as the player depth is low. Didn't they get a pay rise this year.? The public is being fooled.
Round 1 is ALWAYS scrappy... even with the fellas. Also... they've been playing for THREE years, how do you reckon the fellas looked after three years. Cut them some slack.

Round 1 is ALWAYS scrappy... even with the fellas. Also... they've been playing for THREE years, how do you reckon the fellas looked after three years. Cut them some slack.
point is they have created a national football comp for women with no strong grassroots comps. Then the AFL have increased the size of the comp with inferior players coming in. The good players are good but most of the players are very ordinary. I would expect a slight improvement into the 4th season. The AFL should reduce the amount of teams imho.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back