MFC Fans Only Non-Demons AFL Discussion – 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

I genuinely and wholeheartedly love Port Adelaide, I always have so much fun supporting them.
Their board is so intense now I could only look for about a minute

Just catching up now. This a case of Port just kicking s**t?
Reckon they've looked a bit flat all night. Adelaide kicked the first two goals in the first like three minutes and they never really recovered.

They also played Rozee, who was clearly impacted and then had to be subbed anyway. Bit weird.

Reckon they've looked a bit flat all night. Adelaide kicked the first two goals in the first like three minutes and they never really recovered.

They also played Rozee, who was clearly impacted and then had to be subbed anyway. Bit weird.
Fair enough, missing sitters though?
5.18 is pretty pox lol 5 more scoring shots to lose by 5 goals is very Melbourne

They had a big surge in the first and went like 2.7 or something, since then Adelaide have been the better team. More a case of Port being trash tonight though than Crows playing well.
Collingwood are still a watch but it does look like the Brisbane Melbourne Port top 4 dominance might be starting to be moved aside for the GWS, Sydney and Carlton era

Collingwood are still a watch but it does look like the Brisbane Melbourne Port top 4 dominance might be starting to be moved aside for the GWS, Sydney and Carlton era

Still very early and yeah I definitely am not writing off the Pies. We'd have to play well in the next two games and win at least one for me to say we are any chance.

Still very early and yeah I definitely am not writing off the Pies. We'd have to play well in the next two games and win at least one for me to say we are any chance.
I just think that we've all been top 4 teams since 21' and Brisbane and Port longer. Same top 4 won't last forever and it feels like us Brisbane and Port are at best standing still while Carlton Sydney and GWS are on the rise.

Our boring as game style means we will win enough to challenge top 4 again purely because we beat crap sides in 2nd gear, yet to be convinced we win 3 in a row against top 6 sides in September

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Really enjoyed Charlie Dixon's game personally.

Feel like Port playing Rozee tonight was just so, so stupid.
"Good clubs stand by good people" Kane probably when they question why Ken or the doctor allowed him to play

Pretty funny hearing Brad Scott's comments about Tarryn Thomas the other day re: Everyone makes mistakes, as an industry do we wash our hands of him or do we help him etc etc.... wonder if he'd be saying the same about some border line AFL/VFL scrub if he did what Thomas did.

Im all for giving talented knuckleheads multiple chances within reason but even id be against giving Thomas a crack now with us after saying id have interest in him a couple of years back after the first incident. The guy is a POS. He doesnt deserve another opportunity.

Pretty funny hearing Brad Scott's comments about Tarryn Thomas the other day re: Everyone makes mistakes, as an industry do we wash our hands of him or do we help him etc etc.... wonder if he'd be saying the same about some border line AFL/VFL scrub if he did what Thomas did.

Im all for giving talented knuckleheads multiple chances within reason but even id be against giving Thomas a crack now with us after saying id have interest in him a couple of years back after the first incident. The guy is a POS. He doesnt deserve another opportunity.

Also this from Purple: "as both a parent and a coach, it is second nature to him to support people who make mistakes". How is being a dad or coach some unique trait that makes him predisposed to supporting Taryn Thomas in his time of need (for abusing women)? Clearly doesn't have daughters.

Should ask Ben Brown for his take.

I just think that we've all been top 4 teams since 21' and Brisbane and Port longer. Same top 4 won't last forever and it feels like us Brisbane and Port are at best standing still while Carlton Sydney and GWS are on the rise.

Our boring as game style means we will win enough to challenge top 4 again purely because we beat crap sides in 2nd gear, yet to be convinced we win 3 in a row against top 6 sides in September
Except for Geelong, with the exception of last year feels like those pricks are always up there. They also look pretty good for the premiership.

Except for Geelong, with the exception of last year feels like those pricks are always up there. They also look pretty good for the premiership.
That's why I conveniently left them out my monkey friend 🐒

Agreed. Was horrible timing by Scott with all that's going on locally. Thomas is a deadset POS

Remove this Banner Ad

Back