MFC Fans Only Non-Demons AFL Discussion – 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

I actually don’t think Geelong will be a flag contender, their midfield is trash and Hawkins is cooked. Agree it’s weird though, excluding outliers like north footy is very close these days.
Wouldn't say It's any closer than any other era really it's just in one of those periods where there's no standout teams. Sorta like 05/06.

Wouldn't say It's any closer than any other era really it's just in one of those periods where there's no standout teams. Sorta like 05/06.
The top 4 of that era were way better than this though.

Top 4 in that era was honestly pretty shaky - was pre Geelong really hitting their stride, and Saints weren't as strong as they became under Lyon.
More saying that they were all stacked with way more talent than the current top teams.

Sydney were called blue collar while still having a heap of guns.

More saying that they were all stacked with way more talent than the current top teams.

They were a 15-7 team in 2005. Same as the dogs in 2016. It wasn't an amazing era

Feel like the midfields back then were weaker (Barring the Eagles) but the forwardlines were way stronger? Like Sydneys premiership forwardline was ridiculous - Hall/O'Loughlin/Davis/Schneider/O'Keefe is insanely good.

Feel like the midfields back then were weaker (Barring the Eagles) but the forwardlines were way stronger? Like Sydneys premiership forwardline was ridiculous - Hall/O'Loughlin/Davis/Schneider/O'Keefe is insanely good.
Think those teams were top heavy, real battlers bottom of the 22

Think those teams were top heavy, real battlers bottom of the 22

Tbh I think you can say that about most teams, but it is interesting looking at the teams back then.

Eagles were like us in that they had an good defence and elite midfield, we have an elite defence and good midfield. Both pretty bad forward setups that cost them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tbh I think you can say that about most teams, but it is interesting looking at the teams back then.

Eagles were like us in that they had an good defence and elite midfield, we have an elite defence and good midfield. Both pretty bad forward setups that cost them.
True but I mean compared to the Cats/Hawks/Lions teams who were utterly dominant.
Eagles forward line was putrid.

Maybe but my point was after Brisbane and Port those teams were pretty weak in comparison
Same as this current era of us, Pies and Cats winning. Good not great teams
Yeah I get your point. Just think any of those mid 00s sides smoke the current top six in talent alone.

How do you feel about having someone who wont lift a finger when the AFL's BLATANT CORRUPTION sees Tassie lose games due to umpiring.
Clearly the corrupt AFL corporate machine ensured he was hired, let's not beat around the bush. But what they haven't accounted for is when Benny gets to Tassie our clean air will cleanse him off that corruption and he will be restored to his former CEO glory.

I think they’re a budget version of us aka s**t and obviously the Swans are very good but probably pretty hard to put in a shift when a former teammate has passed on game day.
I think they're about on our level tbh but yeah I remembered that. Probably fair to give a Mulligan especially with them chucking him on the scoreboard pre game

Remove this Banner Ad

Back