Opposition Camp Non Eagles AFL discussion thread II

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dazzler10

Premiership Player
AFL Club
West Coast
I just saw the Ablett incident for the first time. Holy moly, he got off? Late, high contact with the forearms/elbows. No dramas.

Accidental head clash from a legit bump? Thug act.

It's the Muppet Show. Now here's a fun game. Which character is Christian playing? And Gil? And Hocking?

Coasters7

Club Legend
AFL Club
West Coast
Gee both those fines are a little sketchy. Umpires have been called plenty worse than that over the years. Deserves a fine for disrespect but why 10k? As for the goal post one.. he broke a rule, should have been a free kick.. but is it worthy of a fine? Especially after being defended by everyone in power for being the right call. The AFL have lost it, they’re not sure what they’re doing themselves half the time. Just make **** up as you go and only take action if the media/social media get hold of it.

DanWCE

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
West Coast
AFL feel very reactionary as if a terrible PR company is showing them the way. Consensus last week was Ablett shouldn't have been pinged and people were saying the MRO was harsh. This week was the week to do it but they've overcorrected to try and keep Joe public happy. In doing so they've probably pinged the wrong guy because they can't let everyone get off Scott free.

They took the incorrect stance on the post climb and copped more outrage and the response is to fine the player after saying his actions were okay. It's truly head scratching stuff.

RookiePick

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
West Coast
I just saw the Ablett incident for the first time. Holy moly, he got off? Late, high contact with the forearms/elbows. No dramas.

It's the Muppet Show. Now here's a fun game. Which character is Christian playing? And Gil? And Hocking?
Gablett is Miss Piggy

Dazzler10

Premiership Player
AFL Club
West Coast
AFL feel very reactionary as if a terrible PR company is showing them the way. Consensus last week was Ablett shouldn't have been pinged and people were saying the MRO was harsh. This week was the week to do it but they've overcorrected to try and keep Joe public happy. In doing so they've probably pinged the wrong guy because they can't let everyone get off Scott free.

They took the incorrect stance on the post climb and copped more outrage and the response is to fine the player after saying his actions were okay. It's truly head scratching stuff.
It's not head scratching the moment you realise it's an incompetent administration. When viewed through that prism, it all makes sense.

ziad

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
West Coast

late - illegal block (> 5m from the ball) player had his back to the play , etc, etc He has become a sniper in the image of his old man.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Luuuc

Club Legend
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Perth Wildcats, Perth Lynx
I feel a *bit* bad for Rampe on the umpire one, because he was just trying to convey that the umpire had a piss weak voice and therefore the play-on call was not loud enough. In the heat of the moment he came up with some unfortunate phrasing for that.

It's unusual to see a fine from words captured by the umpires' mic. Are all umpires in all games recorded? Because if they aren't then it seems slightly unfair to ping a bloke, and if they are, then I'm legit surprised that there aren't a lot more fine-worthy things being shouted on the field.

ioppolo

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Chelsea, OKC Thunder, Scorchers
Last flag was just 4 years ago and they're already going broke. Talks of a proposed Demons merge will leak soon.
You'll have to go back to 2018 for the last time they finished top 4! And then 2016 for the most recent time before that!

AFL Club
West Coast
Slobbo with AFL failing the game on Friday night.

Right call bit not just Friday night.

It's every game, it's every year, it's the tinkering with the rules, the fixtures, the interstate teams playing in Canberra and the **** heap Tasmania. It's the weight differential of the Nic Nat tackle....

The GF, the rubbish commentators and their parochial Vic bias as well as job for the lads.

It goes on and on.

Like someone else said, if the Eagles folded, I'd have no interest whatsover in the game.

Godfather32

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
West Coast
On a side note is anyone else having trouble posting in the random discussion thread?
It's only the random discussion thread and only from my laptop (have tried chrome & firefox), just won't let me hit the post reply button. And then every now and then it will let me.
But I can post from my phone all the time.

TY24

Mitch Marsh Enthusiast
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal, Scorchers, Lakers. RBHRT
Curious as to people's thoughts on the Port Prison Bars debate? At first I was a pretty firm no but they've managed to bring me around.

FKASC

Account Deleted
AFL Club
West Coast
On a side note is anyone else having trouble posting in the random discussion thread?
It's only the random discussion thread and only from my laptop (have tried chrome & firefox), just won't let me hit the post reply button. And then every now and then it will let me.
Happened to me on my phone for all threads about a week ago. Lasted about 2 days. I also couldn’t like anything without it asking me to confirm.

AFL Club
West Coast
Rampe gets a fine for basically making the AFL look like fools. Which is ironic, given the AFL really have done that themselves by their horrific handling of the whole situation.

As for the other fine for his umpire comment; it was a very very poor choice of words that Rampe used, but the fine seemed excessive. Especially for something said in the heat of the moment with adrenaline pumping.

I don’t condone what he said, really didn’t like it at the time, but if anyone can honestly say they haven’t said something stupid in the heat of the moment- by all means cast the first stone.

A smaller fine, an apology and education I think would have been more appropriate. Especially for someone that has had an exemplary record. But again, it seems a large fine is given because the AFL is more concerned about its image than anything else.

Quinz

Chief Club Folder
AFL Club
West Coast
Moderator #6,025
Yes I saw your message about that, then I saw you posting so I figured it was all good.

But now that you mention it the same thing happened to me yesterday in that thread. The iPad seems a bit dodgy with it but like you the phone works fine. Mysterious.

Top Bottom