Oppo Camp Non Eagles AFL discussion thread III

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Having a car crash is rare, but the outcome can be disastrous, so we wear a seatbelt. Similar thinking for mine. The thought of anything rupturing in my undercarriage scares the bejeesus out of me.
There will be more car crashes this morning, than ruptured testicles in footy over the next decade.

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk

It's time
2208996_1_S.jpg

This merch is gonna be real cool soon ..

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

And that's why fan's shouldn't run clubs. This proves my exact point.

No, they shouldn't run clubs but if, like in Freo's case, the members are dropping away rapidly and there is an air of discontent out there on social media and mainstream news, the club's board should act.

I reckon Sumich would be a good pick. The knock on him used to be that he was too old school and wouldn't relate to the younger generation but I reckon years of working with the U18s would have rounded out whatever rough edges there were. I'd like to see him get a gig, and tbh if it's not Freo I can't see where it would be. Carn Suma.

"Freo way to go,
No CEO and crowds down too!
Oh Freo we give coaches the heave ho,
We are Freo Dockers!"

Honestly Suma deserves better. You just know they won't embrace him cause he is ex Eagle and will be white anting him from the start.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’d have no issue with that if it helps to mitigate or even eliminate the effects of concussion on our game
Unfortunately, helmets have been proven to do very little to stop concussion, as the brain still rattles in the skull during to the fact it sits in amniotic fluid.

Personally I think Fremantle need to get someone without any freo links.

Someone to come in with fresh eyes, without the “freo boy coming back to save the club” Tagline which will inevitably follow a Sumich or Longmuir appointment. They need someone to come in, wipe the slate clean of the previous Lyon regime and not be afraid to ruffle some feathers in doing so. Someone with exisiting freo links may find that harder to do so if they’ve got personal connections within the club already.

Granted, that is what we did with appointing Simmo as coach which has been a success for us, but they need someone who can take the group and adapt to the modern game. Not someone stuck in methods which were only successful a decade ago.

Having said that, I genuinely hope Suma gets a go. Personally think he would have done a good job for us had he been appointed last time around. He probably would have got a job at one of the Melbourne clubs had it not been for personal connections to Perth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back