Oppo Camp Non-Essendon Football Thread XVII

Remove this Banner Ad

David King saying Joe D burnt Charlie Cameron, is selfish and cost them the Adelaide match. The footage shown Cameron looks marked when Joe has it outside 50 but he is normally ok long range but less ok nailing a perfectly well weighted pass and has a second to decide. Moreover with the kick I think Joe may well have been trying to pass anyhow!

If you’re the AFL, don’t worry about giving north Melbourne draft picks, help them do whatever it takes to re-sign LDU and Zurhaar. If you think North are bad now, imagine losing them both. Maybe AFL chips in with $$ on their next contract or something, they defs don’t need more kids
I didn’t know LDU & Zurhaar wanted to move to Darwin

Remember when North fans were gloating that Clarkson chose them instead of us?

Now they have a thread on their board calling for his sacking.
We dodged a massive bullet.

Norf should’ve gone with an off brand ‘Adem Yze’ type to come in and develop the list. Then bring in the gun coach after they inevitably sack them to build on the development. Would have saved a shitload of cash compared to what they’ll have to pay out Clarkson.

Norf should’ve gone with an off brand ‘Adem Yze’ type to come in and develop the list. Then bring in the gun coach after they inevitably sack them to build on the development. Would have saved a shitload of cash compared to what they’ll have to pay out Clarkson.

No coach will get as much time and leeway as Clarkson.

Their previous list decisions meant that no matter who got the job they were going to be horrible, at least in Clarkson's case he'll get a few years instead of sacrificing (another) first time coach. Shaw and Noble never had a chance with the state of that list.

I think Ratten was doing ok last year when he was at the helm.

No coach will get as much time and leeway as Clarkson.

Their previous list decisions meant that no matter who got the job they were going to be horrible, at least in Clarkson's case he'll get a few years instead of sacrificing (another) first time coach. Shaw and Noble never had a chance with the state of that list.
If they’re going like this towards the end of next season I can see him getting the boot. A rookie would get the sack about halfway through season two with these results. He gets an extra 1.5 seasons above a rookie (IMO).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If they’re going like this towards the end of next season I can see him getting the boot. A rookie would get the sack about halfway through season two with these results. He gets an extra 1.5 seasons above a rookie (IMO).

I reckon Clarkson wouldn't have that payout clause the AFL mandated, he / his manager would have said no, and North / AFL would have agreed since they were so desperate to get him in the door. Will cost North a bucketload to pay him out early.

I reckon Clarkson wouldn't have that payout clause the AFL mandated, he / his manager would have said no, and North / AFL would have agreed since they were so desperate to get him in the door. Will cost North a bucketload to pay him out early.
Alternatively, the AFL force norf to keep him in so they don’t have to make the ridiculous payout. I’m sure I’ve heard that before with clubs the AFL prop up.

Alternatively, the AFL force norf to keep him in so they don’t have to make the ridiculous payout. I’m sure I’ve heard that before with clubs the AFL prop up.

"Clarko, as punishment for being a racist and a homophobe, you have to see out the last 3 years of your contract with North and be remembered as a multiple wooden spoon winning coach."

edit:

Fun fact

Pre-North Clarkson
228 Wins - 4 Draws - 158 Losses (390) = 58% W:L

North Clarkson
3 Wins - 0 Draws - 19 Losses (22) = 13%

Total

231 - 4 - 177 (412) = 56% W:L

Another 3 seasons in charge means he could well be down to the 50% W:L mark with a few spoons in his pocket.

Last edited:
Clarko also hasn’t commenced the training related to the homophobic abuse.

Good to see a leader of the AFL taking the issue seriously 🤦

Clarko also hasn’t commenced the training related to the homophobic abuse.

Good to see a leader of the AFL taking the issue seriously 🤦
Add it to the racist eugenic allegations, the comment he made to a female reporter during the Tarryn Thomas saga, and his repeated violent acts, and the guy's just a piece of shit.

I was actually wondering if the reason they're so dogshit is they've spent so much of the footy dept soft cap on Clarko that there wasn't enough left over for decent line coaches and support staff

Remove this Banner Ad

Back