Oppo Camp Non-Essendon Football Thread XVII

Remove this Banner Ad

I thought Peter Sumich had a decent point pre season about the media going into a frenzy over Reid not being good for the kid and it was highly unlikely he bursts on the scene like Judd - until I watched him play! There was one point in the Freo match where he was running through heavy congestion and the way he was twisting he was simply impossible to tackle.
He's special. North is inept. Bring in a top talent who is a go home risk who goes home. They decide not to try to trade up, ignoring the clear top talent who'd stay in Victoria, in favour of a Tasmanian who is a go home risk with Tassie around the corner. Duursma should be great, but wow, what a miss.

He's special. North is inept. Bring in a top talent who is a go home risk who goes home. They decide not to try to trade up, ignoring the clear top talent who'd stay in Victoria, in favour of a Tasmanian who is a go home risk with Tassie around the corner. Duursma should be great, but wow, what a miss.
Freo did something similar when they won a match but lost out on Natanui and that looks nothing on the scale of what North have done - they break a 20 match losing streak to miss out on Reid and celebrated that one like they won a flag. I get the importance of winning but this must really hurt.

Freo did something similar when they won a match but lost out on Natanui and that looks nothing on the scale of what North have done - they break a 20 match losing streak to miss out on Reid and celebrated that one like they won a flag. I get the importance of winning but this must really hurt.
Crazy dumb by them. Reid is unbelievable.

“More broadly, it is the AFL’s intent that Mr Thomas will not be approved to play at any level of Australian football pending the hearing and determination of the charges that have now been brought against him and subject to the outcome of those proceedings.”

I guess we don't have to worry about Brad picking him up

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Very lucky to get away with just 6.

It was a sniper action. All the crap the swans took to the tribunal about Parker's running pace slowing... yeah that's what made it seem like everyone could just chill.

Did remind me of my playing days though.. trailing through like this was dangerous and you always had to have eyes open for someone planning to pick you off.

Very lucky to get away with just 6.

It was a sniper action. All the crap the swans took to the tribunal about Parker's running pace slowing... yeah that's what made it seem like everyone could just chill.

Did remind me of my playing days though.. trailing through like this was dangerous and you always had to have eyes open for someone planning to pick you off.
The bolded is what runs through my mind every time I see it, he simply should've had more awareness then he might've come through unscathed.

I then look through the other lens and think that it's great that the game at the professional and semi-professional leagues has moved in a direction where these actions are the exception and no longer the norm, and he shouldn't have to worry about being sniped like that. There's nothing tough about it. Hopefully it's only a matter of time before it filters through the amateur and country leagues (I haven't seen a game at that level for years, it might be already).

Watched the GWS / Bulldogs game . Naughton is exactly the CHF forward we need. Not that we are getting him. Highest rating Forward in the comp right now. The lead up marking was excellent.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back