Competition Non-Footy Association Logo – Young & Districts Baseball

Remove this Banner Ad

Dec 24, 2014
Young, NSW
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Hey All,
I have looked around the net (actually to be honest have probably spent about seven hours in the past two days) and I think it comes as no surprise when I say that the designers that we have on here at Big Footy are amongst the best that are available.

Just looking through at everything from 'fantasy team logos', to other concepts, various team uniform designs it is just mind blowing - and makes me jealous yet privileged to be able to even be able to witness some of the work that has been put on display - so I'd like to start this off by saying that I absolutely appreciate all of the time and effort put in by the designers, and appreciate the time and effort by those like us who would struggle to put a fake moustache on a picture yet provide feedback/ideas and suggestions.

In saying that I do hope that some of you out there may be able to take a moment and help me out, as I am stuck and can not move forward at all unless I find someone to desperately help me.

The Background
In the area in which I live we are very rich by ways of sporting facilities, in fact through some Federal Government scheme our local council have been able to commit $10Mil into the development of our local sporting facilities over the next three years - and many of the big sports in the region such as League, Union, AFL and Cricket are getting massive overhauls new club houses, new fields, new ticket gates etc you name it they get it.

I actually am qualified in Sports Journalism, Marketing and Event Management, and Sports and Recreation Management - unfortunately what this has seen is some of these sporting codes come to me effectively begging for my help and as soon as I implement what is needed for them to have a sustainable long term future I am replaced - which I hold no sour grapes however considering the amount of hours and late nights I spend working on plans, policies etc to improve their set up it does get a little bit tiring and disheartening.

I love all sporting codes and therefore what I have done is taken a step back over the last few months and looked at what we have here, and what we don't have and that is when it dawned on me. In this small town that I live in we don't have any form of 'Baseball' set up.

To be honest we do not have any baseball facilities and therefore the chances of playing any sort of senior baseball in the region in the next few years is VERY slim, but after talking to Baseball Australia and Baseball New South Wales I, along with some of my closest allies, have decided that we will launch the Aussie T-Ball Program which is something provided by Baseball Australia and is aimed for children aged between 5 - 12.

The plan is to run this program, which we know we can make a success, and over the next 5-10 years raise our capital, apply for grants and get to the point where the council allows us to at least have temporary senior baseball facilities.

So while we are effectively setting up for a T-Ball competition we however need to call ourselves a Baseball Association, as we know from experience that if we don't after we do the hard work there are others who would step in and register a Baseball association to ensure that we have no where to go but to continue to run the T-Ball.

The Request
We have paid out our affiliation fees to Baseball Australia and Baseball New South Wales, we have also filed and paid for us to be an incorporated association through the NSW Office of Fair Trading. And finally purchased our 'starter' kit which should arrive next week which provides us the gear required to run our competition.

Unfortunately with all of this outlay we are missing one integral piece of the association set up - a logo.

I come here, knowing that Baseball is not the most popular sport among us, to ask if someone (or multiple people) on here would have a crack at creating us a logo for our association which will be used on our website (coming soon), Facebook page, registration forms, advertising posters, paperwork including invoices etc.

Most of the associations, representative teams etc in our area use red, blue and white as their colors and so it would be good if we could use those colors for our logo with the other integral thing to remember being to try and avoid the 'pitcher' type of icon that many associations use mainly due to the fact it could be many years before we play any sort of game in which a pitcher is actually used.

What we need is:
- The logo to be made at a decent big size so that it can be resized to fit whatever we are using the logo for;
- For the logo to carry our name: Young & Districts Baseball Association
- For the logo to be eye catching and something we can build our brand around.
- The Logo needs to be on a transparent background;

Reward
Obviously at the moment money is tight otherwise we would have gone to a professional graphic designer to create it.

What we are offering is the person who creates the logo that we use will receive a ThirtyNine Baseball cap carrying the logo as well as one of our 'supporters' polo shirt (that also doubles as the shirts worn by our match day staff and volunteers).

By having a logo we will then be able to sign the sponsors in which we have held initial discussions with and who are interested in coming on board - at which point you will be paid $50 once all other expenses are taken care off (eg: advertising, canteen stock purchases and the shirts) but it will be paid sometime before August when our competition starts.

Time Frame
I know it is very short notice however we would love the logo to be created sooner rather than later - it is really the only thing holding us up from moving forward with our plans - ideally we would love it before this weekend so invoices and other paperwork can be sent to bring additional funds into our set up.

Some Ideas
While I will give you 'free range' with the design, please remember we need it to be professional yet eye catching and as previously said hopefully not using a 'pitcher' in the logo itself.

Some logos we do like are:
http://www.frontierleague.com/wp-content/themes/frontier/images/site-logo.png
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/9/96/PuertoRicoBaseballLeague.PNG

I know this is a very big ask but I am hopeful that you are able to assist us get this started. The children of our area will forever be grateful, and so will we as it allows us to move forward.

Thank you in advance.

Hey mate, I may give this a whirl shortly but I'm heading away for the weekend so could be a few days if not longer. Just a heads up, the forum has been burnt in the past with these sorts of requests, so a few people may be a bit hesitant

Rabbitoh21,
I completely understand and it is a shame that its the type of world that we live in where people continunously come up with new ways to rip others off etc. I think this is part of the reason why I wrote a bigger back story, not to convince anyone, but to hopefully show that we are very keen and committed to what we are doing.

I also know its hard to say - hey create us a logo and trust us - but I implore anyone out there that reads this to think about it in the sense you are helping launch a new competition for children, ignore the cash component we will send the hat and shirts (which are being ordered at the beginning of May) and lets just say there will be something 'extra' with the shirt and hat to say thank you?

We just need a hand to get the ball rolling as we do have potential sponsors ready just no logo to add to anywhere which isn't a good look :)

Fizzler,
Thanks for having a go - I do appreciate anyone and everyone attempting to help out. I actually like this (and the fact it doesn't have the 'pitcher' is even better) my only real feedback (and please don't take it the wrong way as I do appreciate your help) is it would be good if we could have a little bit more detail on the ball and bat just to help out a little.

Hi notjustcricket, I've never entered on of these, but in most, the competition runner doesn't give much feedback. I'd really love for you to give me feedback, mainly about the colours. Cheers.
View attachment 223548
It's definitely a good start mate. As for colours, have a quick read below.

Most of the associations, representative teams etc in our area use red, blue and white as their colors and so it would be good if we could use those colors for our logo with the other integral thing to remember being to try and avoid the 'pitcher' type of icon that many associations use mainly due to the fact it could be many years before we play any sort of game in which a pitcher is actually used.

What we need is:
- The logo to be made at a decent big size so that it can be resized to fit whatever we are using the logo for;
- For the logo to carry our name: Young & Districts Baseball Association
- For the logo to be eye catching and something we can build our brand around.
- The Logo needs to be on a transparent background

Fizzler,
Thanks for having a go - I do appreciate anyone and everyone attempting to help out. I actually like this (and the fact it doesn't have the 'pitcher' is even better) my only real feedback (and please don't take it the wrong way as I do appreciate your help) is it would be good if we could have a little bit more detail on the ball and bat just to help out a little.
I could add stitching on the ball but I'm not sure how to add more detail on the bat.
It's definitely a good start mate. As for colours, have a quick read below.
Whoops, thought he said to avoid them.

I could add stitching on the ball but I'm not sure how to add more detail on the bat.

Whoops, thought he said to avoid them.
I thought he said that too. I had to go over it a few times.

As for the bat and ball, add some shading perhaps, but also a leather grip on the handle

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Typo in 'District' there stormy2.
I was going to make a joke about how it was an unintentional anagram caused by dyslexia and that I had really intended "DT CRITICS", but I wasn't sure if it would be understood without me having to explain the joke and ruin the punchline, and it wasn't even funny anyway, so I decided to forego this 'humorous' exercise. Instead, I decided to tell you about the previously potential hypothetical anyway, in perhaps a more deadpan fashion. And here we are.

I apologize for the delay in replying everyone for some reason the alerts stopped popping up and so I didn't know that people were replying.
Fizzler - I personally prefer the Athletic one. I personally hate Arial and refuse to use it anywhere I can.
stormy2 - If it was spelt right yes that looks great - I am not picky however as beggars can not be choosers (although having correct spelling would be great haha) and so am very grateful that you have both attempted something for us.

I apologize for the delay in replying everyone for some reason the alerts stopped popping up and so I didn't know that people were replying.
Fizzler - I personally prefer the Athletic one. I personally hate Arial and refuse to use it anywhere I can.
stormy2 - If it was spelt right yes that looks great - I am not picky however as beggars can not be choosers (although having correct spelling would be great haha) and so am very grateful that you have both attempted something for us.
7xzaCdm.png

Something like this?

If you want Young & District to be more prominent let me know, because, as it stands, baseball is the highlight word here.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back