Mega Thread Non-Freo AFL Discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Cant agree with you on this Snuff. I’ve read the code and the AFL IDP.
This is afl sanctioned that they have admitted to(press realease this morning) and it breaches there own IDP.
SIA & WADA are going to look at this very closely and Wilkie won’t let it go given the politics at play with the Tassie Stadium.
This won’t be only a MFC issue.
If anything happens it will be extremely minor / some slaps / swept under the rug. Nothing will happen after it being a news story for a few months

I personally won’t comment on the drug issue until I hear what Harley Reid’s take is.
If he has decent negotiating skills, he should be getting 15-20% of the cut for supplying all of west coast

Oh.. not that take

They can only be nine games on a weekend - same as now.

The difference with 19 teams is that on multiple occasions they’ll need to have three or more teams with the bye.

I guess they’ll probably start the season earlier (opening round somewhat of a trail) which will give them more weekends for prime time slots. Eventually though I think they go to 20 teams unless someone collapses.
Not if they introduce Wednesday night football; essentially football games 6 days a week. That will mean one club having a bye is in fact merely an 8 day break between games. It would be littered with teams matched with different amount of rest days but would be a burden shared amongst all teams over a full season; except for Fremantle of course. The Fremantle tax will always apply.

They can only be nine games on a weekend - same as now.

The difference with 19 teams is that on multiple occasions they’ll need to have three or more teams with the bye.

I guess they’ll probably start the season earlier (opening round somewhat of a trail) which will give them more weekends for prime time slots. Eventually though I think they go to 20 teams unless someone collapses.
But pure weekend football is a relic of the past . It is heading rapidly toward football matches nearly every day of the week. I would suggest it would be night football dominating.

If anything happens it will be extremely minor / some slaps / swept under the rug. Nothing will happen after it being a news story for a few months
WADA and SIA are going to be interested that the players are tested off the books without WADA for the specific purpose of avoiding detection. If they did not have those tests and played, they’d otherwise be suspended. The ID policy makes no public reference to this and that is going to be a big problem from a WADA and SIA POV.

WADA and SIA are going to be interested that the players are tested off the books without WADA for the specific purpose of avoiding detection. If they did not have those tests and played, they’d otherwise be suspended. The ID policy makes no public reference to this and that is going to be a big problem from a WADA and SIA POV.
From previous experience, those orgs seem to have the power of a wet noodle when it comes to this stuff.

The rec drug use is just too prevalent across every sporting industry in the world, including the governing bodies overseeing of it, for me to believe anything meaningful will possibly happen. Logically, something should, with the way the world works, nothing will

It just bugs me no end, that these players, who have all the education, support, access to mental and physical health at a whim, aren't held to the same standards as the general population when it comes to adherence to d&a testing and policies.

They get paid to be at the forefront of society, role models (if they like it or not) and idolised by kids.

By all means * around in the off season and make snow angels (just don't get caught, obvs). But just lay off it during work hours, like most of us have to, and are expected to.

I don't think this lot can be swept under the carpet.I feel the AFL Boys Club is in full over drive to protect the Brand.
This is going to be far bigger than the Eagles saga,and the hidden Hawks saga, the Essendon saga.
We have all known that it is a scam what the AFL have had set up as drug policy.
We have all known that players strange injuries are releted.
This will be huge.
The AFL today put put the AFL drug policy as how they handle the situation. They are blubbering at the moment.
Oh, and I have said many times before,any one who thinks their club is not invloved, is living in a fantasy world.If it happens at one club ,you can guarantee it is happening in all.

I was born with a heart condition so i have never touched recreation drugs.

I have seen most of mates do coke & ketamine on weekend trips away or at house parties. Some have done it at nightclub cubicles.

Just because i dont take it i personally don't look at people who do and judge them or think there a s**t person or whatnot.

Most people have some sort addiction in there lives depends on the varying degrees you are addicted and use that addiction. Could be eating, drinking alcohol, gambling, smoking, drugs, or numerous other things.

I have seen most of mates do coke & ketamine on weekend trips away or at house parties. Some have done it at nightclub cubicles.

Just because i dont take it i personally don't look at people who do and judge them or think there a s**t person or whatnot.

Most people have some sort addiction in there lives depends on the varying degrees you are addicted and use that addiction. Could be eating, drinking alcohol, gambling, smoking, drugs, or numerous other things.
Could also be addicted to likes on a footy forum ;p

(this isn't a dig, this is a stir and self-reflection)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hannah Call Out GIF by HannahWitton

I’ve never liked people using the “addictive personality” as an out. It’s just too convenient to give the finger to things that are wrong/criminal. What if you’re addicted to assault, murder, sexual assault etc. does that give you an out too?

I dont take anything personally on here mate.

Half the time i am stirring the pot anyway when i pop in a couple of times day to catch up on the news and opinions of fellow freo fans.

Most of the time its good banter and unless its personal attacks on someone its generally fine.

From previous experience, those orgs seem to have the power of a wet noodle when it comes to this stuff.

The rec drug use is just too prevalent across every sporting industry in the world, including the governing bodies overseeing of it, for me to believe anything meaningful will possibly happen. Logically, something should, with the way the world works, nothing will

It's a particularly vulnerable position for the AFL as the government funding for that Tasmanian stadium will be contingent on their compliance with WADA requirements.

The AFL could just tell sports integrity to shove it and handle their own testing like the NFL in the US does but it will shut the door on public funds towards AFL ventures.

And ultimately, a hundred million bucks is worth more to the AFL than half a dozen Melbourne players.

Hi,
My name is Dump Truck, and I'm a BigFooty addict.

It started simple, a few game threads here and there, some drafting threads to keep me going etc. I'd even do the odd meme thread for those reckless times.

It accelerated to the point where it consumed my life. No one around me knew I'd take a quick look at BigFooty on the train to work, or at lunch time in the loo. I would do BigFooty at family functions, all in secrecy. I soon started creating threads, even when my partner was only a foot away watching TV.

Fast forward and now my life now constantly revolves around BigFooty. I've even given up caring if my friends or family know about it. It's my life. It's my decision.

I know I need help. I know that BigFooty has consumed me all year round with an unrelenting grip.

I just hope that one day I'll overcome my addiction.
Dump Truck.

Hi,

It started simple, a few game threads here and there, some drafting threads to keep me going etc. I'd even do the odd meme thread for those reckless times.

It accelerated to the point where it consumed my life. No one around me knew I'd take a quick look at BigFooty on the train to work, or at lunch time in the loo. I would do BigFooty at family functions, all in secrecy. I soon started creating threads, even when my partner was only a foot away watching TV.

Fast forward and now my life now constantly revolves around BigFooty. I've even given up caring if my friends or family know about it. It's my life. It's my decision.

I know I need help. I know that BigFooty has consumed me all year round with an unrelenting grip.

Dump Truck.
It’s destroying families, and what are the government even doing about it?

Hi,

Dump Truck.
Have you tried Bigfooty Anonymous?

Well done on taking the first step and owning your addiction.

We are here for you!

Have you tried Bigfooty Anonymous?

Well done on taking the first step and owning your addiction.

We are here for you!
Tonga Bob is the SFA just bigfooty anonymous? or is the club forum just a gateway to the harder addiction of Sweet?

Hi,

Dump Truck.
Psssssst, wanna buy a bag of 'likes', some 'haha's,? I have them too. Could probably give you the first few on credit.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back