Mega Thread Non-Freo AFL Discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Hi folks, I didn't know where to post this.
I have Sam Sturt in a keeper league. Is there any chance of him getting back into the AFL team, or is he way down the pecking order?
Any advice is much appreciated.
Cheers.
I like Sturt, and it will be interesting to see how he goes at Peel (or even if he plays on Friday for fresh legs). He is still very lean, so often looks like some of the big guys could break him in half. He has sometimes surprised all of us and had a great game. He's not a Serong or a Brayshaw, but he plays to his best abilities. I believe there is a Sam Sturt thread on here somwhere.

RESTRICTED FREE AGENTS​

Jarrod Berry (Brisbane)
Hugh McCluggage (Brisbane)
Andrew McGrath (Essendon)
Patrick Dangerfield (Geelong)
Ben Ainsworth (Gold Coast)
Blake Hardwick (Hawthorn)
Cam Zurhaar (North Melbourne)
Will Hayward (Sydney)
Tim English (Western Bulldogs)

which of these will go to other clubs? English to WCE? Zurhaar? will he stay at Norf?

RESTRICTED FREE AGENTS​

Jarrod Berry (Brisbane)
Hugh McCluggage (Brisbane)
Andrew McGrath (Essendon)
Patrick Dangerfield (Geelong)
Ben Ainsworth (Gold Coast)
Blake Hardwick (Hawthorn)
Cam Zurhaar (North Melbourne)
Will Hayward (Sydney)
Tim English (Western Bulldogs)

which of these will go to other clubs? English to WCE? Zurhaar? will he stay at Norf?
Hayward being courted heavily by the Crom.

Keep an eye on McGrath & Ainsworth as well, if their clubs don't show signs, may look around.

Weavils' non-performing old blokes are a problem, but the sad* bit is they're already playing the kids. It's who the kids are playing with - the 24-year-old ho-hummers like Callum Jamison, Harry Edwards and Bailey Williams - that really screws things.

*Sad/hilarious - your call.

I think Bailey Williams goes ok, not a star but pretty reliable.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

"Finger"

In all seriousness, feel for players that actually do 1 week injuries now as everyone will be assumed to be on the gear.
Not necessarily, but , remember he has had an extended period when he allegedly was only going to be away from training for a week or two.
Why wouldn't the question be asked.
After reading all that has been printed, I guess all players will now be under the microscope.

Not necessarily, but , remember he has had an extended period when he allegedly was only going to be away from training for a week or two.
Why wouldn't the question be asked.
After reading all that has been printed, I guess all players will now be under the microscope.
he has often been under the microscope, and there's been rumours about Melbourne FC (even from their own members)

I think it was Bounce where they were laughing at Oliver's reaction to an accidental 'falcon' in the match warm-up. He looked around and looked incredibly angry (considering it was probably one of his teammates and not malicious). The group on Bounce found it hilarious, but I found his reaction to be odd. That doesn't mean he is on the gear, but something still isn't right with him. Mental health issues are pretty endemic in young footballers, and probably intense for players who are more high profile.

Hi,
My name is Dump Truck, and I'm a BigFooty addict.

It started simple, a few game threads here and there, some drafting threads to keep me going etc. I'd even do the odd meme thread for those reckless times.

It accelerated to the point where it consumed my life. No one around me knew I'd take a quick look at BigFooty on the train to work, or at lunch time in the loo. I would do BigFooty at family functions, all in secrecy. I soon started creating threads, even when my partner was only a foot away watching TV.

Fast forward and now my life now constantly revolves around BigFooty. I've even given up caring if my friends or family know about it. It's my life. It's my decision.

I know I need help. I know that BigFooty has consumed me all year round with an unrelenting grip.

I just hope that one day I'll overcome my addiction.
Dump Truck.

1800 posts in 15 years…your marijuana plant would still have 98%of its leaves. 😂

Remove this Banner Ad

Back