Mega Thread Non-Freo AFL Discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Freo has never really had a sense of camaraderie. it's a real shame and I think the main reason we haven't even taken advantage of our potential.

We had some glimpses and they were always highly memorable games. we're really soft at the moment too. thought it was insanely pissweak how we just smiled and nodded when Brayshaw got smacked. he was what, 20 at the time?
Demo derby anyone ?

Mark Harvey was a bit of an idiot but he wouldn't have stood for that nonsense.
Harves wasn't a terrible coach in retrospect, he had complete idiots on the board who made trades literally for the sake of it and for an adrenaline rush. he was a proper nutter though, he was dumb as all **** and never matured.

Great list when he back then too, if I could choose any list to win a flag then I reckon that 200 one would be it.

Harves wasn't a terrible coach in retrospect, he had complete idiots on the board who made trades literally for the sake of it and for an adrenaline rush. he was a proper nutter though, he was dumb as all heck and never matured.

Great list when he back then too, if I could choose any list to win a flag then I reckon that 200 one would be it.
To be honest you just need to read some of the players testimonies as to how bad Harvey was when he lacked an all time great assistant (C. Scott) to get his message across. He was a bit of a fool and I think bottom of the 8 was about thr ceiling for his coaching style sadly. I do agree though he personified passion.

For everything I'm grateful for with Ross Lyon leading us to a Grand Final (I'm well aware of your previous objections to the bloke), the worst legacy Lyon left our club (besides the whole Sexual Assault/misconduct issue) was that he absolutely killed off all passion in the derby with ruthless professionalism and refusal to acknowledge the rivalry. We went from having one of the 3 most heated and interesting rivalries in the AFL where we'd lift above and beyond ourselves to get up for to it being stressed that it really was just another game. Utterly decimated one of the fundamental parts of our fledgling club culture.

We had some glimpses and they were always highly memorable games. we're really soft at the moment too. thought it was insanely pissweak how we just smiled and nodded when Brayshaw got smacked. he was what, 20 at the time?

Not sure what game you remember watching, but Simpson literally had to drag Gaff because Johnson and Ballantyne spent the rest of the game headhunting him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Geez the Pies are riding the "6 under 10 games" thing hard.

To be fair, two of them played much better than our 2 most experienced players.

Yeah. “Young team” getting more work than a teenagers Johnson at the moment.

Wouldn’t mind a touch more, “bad kicking is bad football” myself.

It’s all we seem to here about us

It's a fact.
They are going to be around for a very long time.
Must be nice not playing at the mcg twice a year. 🤣
What are you on about? The vast majority of their core is 28+. They'll do well to hang around next year with that profile. Especially given their 2nd best mid is almost 40.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back