Oppo Camp Non Geelong football (AFL) discussion 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Essendon's ask for Daniher is surely way over the top...or am I missing something?
He's a RFA next year, so unless they are banking money to save for matching any offer, if they lose him as a FA the compensation by the AFL will be less than picks 5 & 25, unless Essendon completely stink it up & finish bottom 3

Essendon's ask for Daniher is surely way over the top...or am I missing something?
5 games in his first season, 20+ the next 4 seasons, but 7 last year and 4 this year not painting a pretty picture that he can stay healthy. That said, in his last full season he kicked 65.39, and 43.32 the year before that.

But his injuries worry me. Makes you wonder if 2020 gets ruined by OP again, 2 years in a row and Essendon said they wouldn't change how they did it, doesn't strike much confidence in the medical team.

5 games in his first season, 20+ the next 4 seasons, but 7 last year and 4 this year not painting a pretty picture that he can stay healthy. That said, in his last full season he kicked 65.39, and 43.32 the year before that.

But his injuries worry me. Makes you wonder if 2020 gets ruined by OP again, 2 years in a row and Essendon said they wouldn't change how they did it, doesn't strike much confidence in the medical team.
If i am Sydney i walk away this year and get him as FA next year if he can stay healthy. Bonus is it would cost less as well

If i am Sydney i walk away this year and get him as FA next year if he can stay healthy. Bonus is it would cost less as well
Be a smart option, you'd think. Gives them a year to see how his body holds up and then he comes cheaper. They're not really in the window right now so not like the delay should concern them too much. Only issue would be whether he still wants to go there in a year's time if they can't get a deal done now.

Hill to St Kilda looks likely to involve a 3rd club - Port Adelaide:

Herald Sun reporter Jon Ralph put forward a proposed trade — which “a lot of clubs are considering” — that “can unlock the Saints picks”.

“What would happen here — and this is something that Port Adelaide is interested in — they would give away Pick 10, Paddy Ryder and Dougal Howard (to St Kilda) and they’d get back Picks 12 and 18,” Ralph told Fox Footy’s Trading Day.

“What it would do is it would give the Saints Pick 10 — they’ve gone from (Pick) 6 all the way out to 12 — and then the Saints could give Pick 10 and their future first-round pick (to Fremantle) for Bradley Hill.

“What it means is Fremantle can save face. They say: ‘OK, Pick 10 and a future first-rounder for Bradley Hill, we’re not getting Pick 6 but given that St Kilda hasn’t played finals for eight years, that first-rounder for next year on the balance of probability could be within 10, so we’re getting 10 and 10 or better — that’s not a bad deal for Brad Hill.”

Hill to St Kilda looks likely to involve a 3rd club - Port Adelaide:

Herald Sun reporter Jon Ralph put forward a proposed trade — which “a lot of clubs are considering” — that “can unlock the Saints picks”.

“What would happen here — and this is something that Port Adelaide is interested in — they would give away Pick 10, Paddy Ryder and Dougal Howard (to St Kilda) and they’d get back Picks 12 and 18,” Ralph told Fox Footy’s Trading Day.

“What it would do is it would give the Saints Pick 10 — they’ve gone from (Pick) 6 all the way out to 12 — and then the Saints could give Pick 10 and their future first-round pick (to Fremantle) for Bradley Hill.

“What it means is Fremantle can save face. They say: ‘OK, Pick 10 and a future first-rounder for Bradley Hill, we’re not getting Pick 6 but given that St Kilda hasn’t played finals for eight years, that first-rounder for next year on the balance of probability could be within 10, so we’re getting 10 and 10 or better — that’s not a bad deal for Brad Hill.”

Definitely not a bad deal relative to the Kelly deal. Kelly is a far better player and we received considerably less than that.

Definitely not a bad deal relative to the Kelly deal. Kelly is a far better player and we received considerably less than that.
The benefit of dealing with teams who are s**t and finish down the ladder - they have access to better draft picks versus those who play finals

Yet St. Kilda don't have the top pick to show for it, and the deal with Freo isn't getting done. Weird.

Probably not getting done because AFL house is closed - wait until tomorrow & see what happens during business hours

I'm curious to know what memorable games (good ones) he has had during his career.
Curiosity killed the cat, not that I'm going to quote any memorable games offhand but Mots was 1 of fav players for his cameos and probably infamous for his gone missing games. Even so, I was calling for his head when he was traded.
He had plenty of decent games, specially between 2013 - 16. Multiple 30 plus possessions, a 5 goal haul, probably top 5 B & F in a few years, runner-up to Blicavs in 2015, 44 goals 2013, 38 goals 2016... Anybody who doesn't recall Mots as one of our most brilliant (maybe erratic) players has selective amnesia.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The asad news this morning makes them look like a corrupt bunch of cover your own backs. If they truly did only add the drug info the day before it was all announced the Ess players have been dudded..

They were saying on the Today Show this morning the drugs in question had been banned since 2010, but the website was updated the day before the Essendon stuff came out.

The asad news this morning makes them look like a corrupt bunch of cover your own backs. If they truly did only add the drug info the day before it was all announced the Ess players have been dudded..
The drug in question had been on the WADA band list for longer than the Essendon players had been using it - that overrides anything on the Australian website

If they played dumb and said it wasn't in the Australian website it wouldn't have changed anything as the next question would have been, "did you check the WADA website?"

The drug in question had been on the WADA band list for longer than the Essendon players had been using it - that overrides anything on the Australian website

If they played dumb and said it wasn't in the Australian website it wouldn't have changed anything as the next question would have been, "did you check the WADA website?"

why have two websites? Its a crock ... one can not have a website and say ....ohh did you check the other one as well?

why have two websites? Its a crock ... one can not have a website and say ....ohh did you check the other one as well?

Because there are differences between WADA & ASASA, they aren't the same organisation and hence seperate websites

WADA

WADA (the World Anti-Doping Authority) is an independent international body responsible for coordinating and monitoring the global fight against doping in sport. WADA’s main priorities are Code Compliance Monitoring, Cooperation with Law Enforcement, Science and Medicine, Anti-Doping Coordination, Anti-Doping Development, Education and Athlete Outreach. These key areas originate from the responsibilities given to WADA by the World Anti-Doping Code, the core document that provides the framework for anti-doping policies, rules and regulations.

ASADA

ASADA (Australian Sports Anti-Doping Authority) aims to protect Australia’s sporting integrity through the elimination of doping and be the driving force for pure performance in sport. ASADA has authority in all anti-doping areas within Australia

Because there are differences between WADA & ASASA, they aren't the same organisation and hence seperate websites

WADA

WADA (the World Anti-Doping Authority) is an independent international body responsible for coordinating and monitoring the global fight against doping in sport. WADA’s main priorities are Code Compliance Monitoring, Cooperation with Law Enforcement, Science and Medicine, Anti-Doping Coordination, Anti-Doping Development, Education and Athlete Outreach. These key areas originate from the responsibilities given to WADA by the World Anti-Doping Code, the core document that provides the framework for anti-doping policies, rules and regulations.

ASADA

ASADA (Australian Sports Anti-Doping Authority) aims to protect Australia’s sporting integrity through the elimination of doping and be the driving force for pure performance in sport. ASADA has authority in all anti-doping areas within Australia

it seems way too hard to expect footballers who are guided by their own club what to take and ingest to be checking stuff at all ..now we have to check multiple organisations ..what happens if it was on the usada website and not wada or the canadian one ..mehh ... I really doubt it would standup in court now them changing the website the day before.

The Australian football game is not an international game. Its played in aust. If its not on the aust website then game over for mine. asada have been shown to be incompetent. They are used to pushing around individual athletes..but when it got big ..it got too big for them.

The club was at fault. The players were not individually taking this stuff by themselves.. the system was setup to stop individuals cheating... and it seems it has struggled to stop systematic cheating.. never caught armstrong. Did they catch the russians? I feel very sorry for the ess players.. how many really could have said ..NO Im not taking that...especially when you had a club legend in charge ..and the club motto at the time was ..."what ever it takes"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back