Non Lions Discussion 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

We seem to be injuring lots of players or they are getting injured in our team. Ebert and Burton both against us. GWS game was Kelly and Coniglio iirc. Think there are a few more from different games but cant remember
I'm wondering if it's opposition tactics injuring their own players.

It was highlighted against Port, and North did the same. At every opportunity, North would add that extra niggle, bump or hit to all our players, make sure they put us on the ground at every opportunity. It took a while before a couple of our players replied with similar, with Answerth and Zorko being the two most obvious Lions players

Harley Bennell possibly to Hawthorn (floated by Craig Hutchinson on Footy Classified).

Makes you wonder if he's heard something or just throwing up names.

Harley Bennell possibly to Hawthorn (floated by Craig Hutchinson on Footy Classified).

What’s the bet he bloody plays 100 games for them.

O'Meara and Bennell were very close at the Suns. Might have something to do with it. Hawthorn with Clarkson have the ability to get the best out of discarded players. They also have a history of getting players with consistent injury issues on the park(Burgoyne and O'Meara both arrived at the club with worrying knee injuries that threatened to derail their careers). Probably the best shot Bennell has of reviving his career is joining the Hawks.

Very possible the Blues get their own Cameron/Neale combo in Papley/Coniglio to add to their young core and make a push for the 8 next year. They've got enough young talent. It is time for them to attack trade/FA and recruit some ready to go, quality players to round out their team.

Very possible the Blues get their own Cameron/Neale combo in Papley/Coniglio to add to their young core and make a push for the 8 next year. They've got enough young talent. It is time for them to attack trade/FA and recruit some ready to go, quality players to round out their team.

First Round Draft Pick this year belongs to the Crows because they thought they were going to be something this year.

They really don't have any tradeable currency with any of their "older" players do they? They have already given Kruezer another couple of years.

I think they still have massive problems trying to build a sustainable list that doesn't rely on GWS cast offs

Might be the next Mitch Robinson fairytale. The word mutual has been reported but given he wants to play Afl being delisted before a possible trade reeks of sacking.

Bennell looked like being gone at end of last year but keeping him was Bell's first decision in his new club. And the resigning was at the time considered as one factor in Neale leaving.

Sooo glad that Bell isn't with our club, and wonder how long he will last given his very public opening power plays haven't worked out to well for the club.

First Round Draft Pick this year belongs to the Crows because they thought they were going to be something this year.

They really don't have any tradeable currency with any of their "older" players do they? They have already given Kruezer another couple of years.

I think they still have massive problems trying to build a sustainable list that doesn't rely on GWS cast offs

And the whole GWS cast off policy is a bit flawed IMO. Sure that got loads of early draft picks, but not all of them were eve going to be superstars.

For the most part, GWS kept the ones that were 1s standard straight up, developed the next tier in the 2s, and traded those they didn't see improving. So I would see their trade outs as depth standard for another team, and in the building stage you shouldn't trade for depth.

Maybe...Ross Lyon is a big fan of Bennell so a lot will depend on where Lyon ends up...12 months to run on his contract and things aren't rosy between him, Peter Bell and Steve Rosich.
I got the feeling there was more to the open-air meet & greet lunch with SOS in Lygon St during the bye... Then Judd saying the next senior coach at the Blues “won't be someone with training wheels on” ...My money is Ross and Bennell will end up at Carlton.

Maybe...Ross Lyon is a big fan of Bennell so a lot will depend on where Lyon ends up...12 months to run on his contract and things aren't rosy between him, Peter Bell and Steve Rosich.
I got the feeling there was more to the open-air meet & greet lunch with SOS in Lygon St during the bye... Then Judd saying the next senior coach at the Blues “won't be someone with training wheels on” ...My money is Ross and Bennell will end up at Carlton.

If that was to be the case I can see more years of pain for Carlton. Rossy boy is the most defensive coach going around (close runner up being Longmire) and look how that game plan went for them with Bolton.

If that was to be the case I can see more years of pain for Carlton. Rossy boy is the most defensive coach going around (close runner up being Longmire) and look how that game plan went for them with Bolton.
Maybe...The counter-argument to that is his defensive coaching also got St. Kilda into a GF and playing some of the best football they have since the Alves years.

Yeah, where there’s smoke there’s fire and there’s been a fair amount of smoke in the Freo and Lyon case.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd be interested in seeing the stats. From memory Essendon 2000 and Port 2004 were both minor premiers
2006, 2007, 2010, 2013...

More often than not the team on the top of the table doesn't win the flag, but that's because they're one of two that have identical advantages and one of four that are quite similar advantages (other than home ground in week 1).

2006, 2007, 2010, 2013...

More often than not the team on the top of the table doesn't win the flag, but that's because they're one of two that have identical advantages and one of four that are quite similar advantages (other than home ground in week 1).

True there's no significant advantage and often the minor premier has peaked before the finals

Tough loss for Freo's midfield to lose Lachie last year and possibly these 2 next year.
Brad Hill is a jet and would be an enormous loss for the Dockers (though they might get Tim Kelly back), but Langdon would possibly be one of the worst kicks of the footy in the AFL (in a bad kicking team) and I’d trade him out.

Brad Hill is a jet and would be an enormous loss for the Dockers (though they might get Tim Kelly back), but Langdon would possibly be one of the worst kicks of the footy in the AFL (in a bad kicking team) and I’d trade him out.

If the Langdon to Melbourne rumours are true then he's not going to be a great help to his new team.

Not sure the Crows will be that happy come end of year. If Suns get priority pick and Colignio leaves GWS they could get start 1st round composition. Crows could slide to pick 5 if all the cards fall the wrong way.

Not sure the Crows will be that happy come end of year. If Suns get priority pick and Colignio leaves GWS they could get start 1st round composition. Crows could slide to pick 5 if all the cards fall the wrong way.

The compo pick would be associated with GWS’s first depending on where they end up.
Won’t be start of first round!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back