Non Lions Discussion 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

But most of us low membership clubs are in bed with the AFL so it ain't gunna happen.
Yep...but it's just a matter of the AFL changing bed partners for a week to look after their offspring

Can the AFL appeal the decision?...............nahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh they probably gave, indirectly of course, instructions to Christian on how to address it. The unfortunate part of all this is Haynes will not be able to boooo the bulldog if he is gifted the brownlow.
Guarantee that if the roles were reversed or if it was a player from the Lions or Dockers etc Christian wouldn’t hesitate to ‘reopen ‘ the case based on ‘new evidence ‘. But this is the golden child from the VFL so nothing to see here.The hypocrisy really p****s me off! And Rayner cops the same fine as the golden child for something far,far less serious. Similarly notice that Howe from Collingwood gets no fine for the greatest staging performance this year but Walters cops a fine. Such unbelievable bias for the Vic clubs. And does anyone believe that the ‘studs up ‘ rule would have been changed if it was anybody from an interstate club rather than a big Melbourne club, no chance!

Vossy was a poor coach but even worse was he inability to interact with his players. Have heard multiple stories of him not giving the time of day to younger players on the list or if you weren’t part of the best 22.

Great players don’t make great coaches.
Well then I was right all along.
Thanks Brett.

and it's at Mars Stadium

Crows last chance to make something of their season.

Sure they were piss weak at home against the Pies but they were pretty good the week before against the Eagles in Perth. They can still make the finals if they knock over the Dogs. They play before Port on Sunday and if they win, Port are so mentally fragile they could well sh!t the bed against Freo who will get the customary "dead coach" bounce.

Personally I would love to see the Crows win just to see the reaction from those anointing the Dogs the "form" team.

I'm well and truly over the collective drinking of their bathwater that's been going on in the media lately.

I’m still confused why Freo moved on Lyon today. Why not wait another week until the end of the season? Just really odd timing IMO.

I wonder if there is a feeling that there may be an avalanche of coaching positions opening up in the coming weeks and with Freo now unable to make finals, it makes sense to get the unpleasantries out of the way and get a start on moving forward.

I think Worsfold will survive. They will play finals I think that will be enough to see out his final year. Wouldn’t be a surprise to see Port pull the trigger on Hinkley a year early, much like Freo on Lyons. Certainly a crazy year, when was the last time 4 coaches were sacked in a year, with possibly more to come?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
was thinking more of Worsfold getting the Freo Job and amicably leaving the Bombers and moving home to his family...But from all accounts, Longmuir is the front runner... https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/ju...e/news-story/35c483acb77508d54ab2a8f1793dc4c2

I’m still confused why Freo moved on Lyon today. Why not wait another week until the end of the season? Just really odd timing IMO.

Ross has a history of deserting a sinking ship and moving on to his next victim.

Anyone who thinks Lyon hasn't been putting out feelers for the vacant Saints/Blues positions is naive.

Freo have kneecapped him and basically said...."good luck Ross"

Lyon has finally got his comeuppance

Bell and his cohorts factored in there's the bye next week they are Freo and no one is interested in them...This week they got in on dull Tuesday..not much happens in football...a day before Pell's appeal...2 days before the 3rd ashes test starts and final round teams are announced Friday will be all about the upcoming games

I wonder if there is a feeling that there may be an avalanche of coaching positions opening up in the coming weeks and with Freo now unable to make finals, it makes sense to get the unpleasantries out of the way and get a start on moving forward.
We're talking 5 days though and one more game, not sure moving now or then makes much difference.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bell and his cohorts factored in there's the bye next week they are Freo and no one is interested in them...This week they got in on dull Tuesday..not much happens in football...a day before Pell's appeal...2 days before the 3rd ashes test starts and final round teams are announced Friday will be all about the upcoming games

Bell didn’t impress me last year with the way he handled the Bennell and Neale issues and threw his weight around as soon as he stepped through the door. And his grandiose proclamations didn’t eventuate.

If he’s the mastermind behind the changes atm .... we’ll find out if he is truly as good as he tells us.

I didn’t even pick up the name change. Just saw the avatar, registered as TBD in my mind and kept reading.
Same 🤣
Oh, and had a bit of a chuckle listening to the Triple M broadcast in the car then. Talking about how the Doggies destiny is in their own hands. Nafan Brown chimes in with, yeah they should easily account for Adelaide at Mars stadium as they are 'THE' form side of the comp right now.

LMFAO. I can think of a couple of teams that have better form than the Dogs right now. One has eight wins in a row, the other nine.
Honestly, don't entirely disagree. It's not just the streak length. Don't think we're 100% at the moment. Reckon we'll be a big beneficiary of the prefinals bye, come out of that spitting fire.

Bell didn’t impress me last year with the way he handled the Bennell and Neale issues and threw his weight around as soon as he stepped through the door. And his grandiose proclamations didn’t eventuate.

If he’s the mastermind behind the changes atm .... we’ll find out if he is truly as good as he tells us.
Another "feather" in his cap.

Just imagine what is going through Chris Judd's head today........

Did they sign Teague too early? Training wheels vs. tried and true coach in Ross Lyon.

Oh man, next year is going to be exciting. Not for David Teague. I feel sorry for him. But the absolute melts if Carlton go badly.

We're talking 5 days though and one more game, not sure moving now or then makes much difference.

Could have more to do with timing and other moves. They obviously had some kind of meeting which they decide to ditch not only Lyon but also their CEO. That information ain't going to stay quiet. As soon as they make that decision, they have to go with it. I also don't believe Freo would sack Lyon last round of the season unless they had someone pretty much lined up already and were possibly trying to get in to make sure they get the person they want. They very well could have heard something about Crows and/or Bombers.

As much as sometimes they do make bad decisions, the people that run the clubs aren't entirely stupid, and there is always a reason for what they do.

Just imagine what is going through Chris Judd's head today........

Did they sign Teague too early? Training wheels vs. tried and true coach in Ross Lyon.

Oh man, next year is going to be exciting. Not for David Teague. I feel sorry for him. But the absolute melts if Carlton go badly.

Don't think it will worry Carlton. Lyon was clearly blindsided by this but Blues would have asked the question, and if they couldn't lure him before, i wouldn't want him now. Teague has done well and the groundswell of support from him from the the top down to the fans is there. I think there would have been some fan backlash if they went with a Scott of Lyon. Board has some kind of shielding from the Teague decision, if it doesn't turn out there isn't many people who could sit back and pot them for it when he was everyones choice.

Worth listening to the Fox Footy podcast for a greater understanding of the mess Fremantle is in.

From the podcast, the recruiting team didn’t want to trade for Jesse Hogan, but were over ruled by Bell, who pushed the trade.

Freo’s current list manager isn’t qualified for the job, is only on half the pay other list managers are on, is not liked by other list managers or player agents. And is basically a puppet for Bell.

There’s only one assistant coach currently contracted beyond this season.

I can’t remember what was said about the medical side of the club.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back