Non-lions discussion 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Port had no composure at all. Terrible coaching, just kept doing the same thing all night and hoping for a different result. Played right into Richmond’s hands.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Port wasted a lot of their chances but geese the umpires willed Richmond over the line. Feel sick at the thought they could win another flag due to a really loose interpretation of Aussie Rules by the umpiring fraternity
Port "won" the frees but it felt like to me that the umps squibbed a lot of Richmond rule infractions.

IMO the umps overcompensated for the home town factor and didn't have the courage to ping the Tigers when they should have.....several times.

Lynch and Reiwoldt got away with blue murder a couple of times

And bugger me, there were a helluva lot of lightning HTB's against Port that were 50/50 at best.

Oh well...no problem .

Beating them twice to win the Premierships will be very sweet.

On SM-G973F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Geelong, Port, Tiges.....it makes no difference.......

We will winnow them, as a strong breeze winnows the chaff from the wheat, and there will be but Lions standing in the setting sun after the storm has passed :D

How was that deliberate for a goal it missed Rockliff by less than a metre. We will beat Richmond for the flag. Richmond are sh*t
I agree with your first part. He actually looked up and did see rockliff before he tapped it to him. I thought abit harsh considering a teammate was well within the vicinity. You hear umpires saying for these instances he had a teammate in the area so not deliberate. Not this time though. And then all the commentators saying yep correct call definately deliberate. Yep OK, different to my opinion though.

Last edited:
Can’t help but feel this is bad news for us

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Perhaps but I still feel Port would have made a tougher G F opponent. Tigers will be very tough to beat tho whether it's us or the Cats. Most importantly we need to stay grounded and not get ahead of ourselves. Hubris is the real enemy

Port would be kicking themselves. They had plenty of opportunities to get a lead in the first quarter. Throughout the game they coughed it up in the forward fifty 8 or 9 times when a little bit more composure would've surely resulted in 3 or 4 goals . Dixon is totally overrated . Just lacks the normal skills even for a big guy.

Richmond are well drilled and now have a real belief that they're going to win. Port didn't. You always seemed to know what would happen in the end.

One upside to this result I guess....

A slightly better draft pick for us!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back