Non-lions discussion 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

The NGAs are such an obvious rort that even the Victorian centric AFL couldn't justify keeping them going in good conscious despite the pressure that would have come from the big power clubs in Victoria.
Rumour is, some of the Vic clubs were also complaining about the NGA’s, as the nga zones favoured the big clubs, while some of the smaller clubs had next to no chance of having an nga kid come through their academy.

It’s not coincidence that Collingwood has benefited the most from the nga’s.

How does this work?
This morning heard a lad who plays at my local club now has been signed at Blues VFL, some new arrangement where if injuries happen to a listed player he can fill that spot on main list!
This isn’t a rookie spot either!
If this is the case our Reserves players we should be stocking up on best available in and around Brisbane. I am sure you will find young Walsh will also be aligned to a VFL team also by now. All these newly created player spots we don’t know about

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

How does this work?
This morning heard a lad who plays at my local club now has been signed at Blues VFL, some new arrangement where if injuries happen to a listed player he can fill that spot on main list!
This isn’t a rookie spot either!
If this is the case our Reserves players we should be stocking up on best available in and around Brisbane. I am sure you will find young Walsh will also be aligned to a VFL team also by now. All these newly created player spots we don’t know about

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
It won’t be for the AFL team, it will only be for their reserves team.

So if their reserves don’t have enough healthy players, they can call up players for their VFL East Coast team.

There hasn’t been too much media wise because most of them are from Vic but there has been internally within the clubs which is why as of next year, bids for NGA’s in the first round can not be matched. No more JUH’s as of next year.
Northern Academies will remain as is for now.

I didn't follow the draft too closely so what pick/s did the dogs have to use to match the Crows bid? There's also a thread on the main board about whether the dogs can keep him which suggests he may be a flight risk.

I didn't follow the draft too closely so what pick/s did the dogs have to use to match the Crows bid? There's also a thread on the main board about whether the dogs can keep him which suggests he may be a flight risk.
Have heard nothing to suggest he is a flight risk.
In fact quite the opposite.
They were all late picks because the AFL made it very easy to match bids this year. By allowing clubs to take more picks to the draft than required.
The dogs only took 1 player in the draft, it just happened to be the number 1 rated player in the draft. And got him for nothing.

Bahahaha the kid is best mates with the Bont. He ain’t going anywhere.

They used about 6 picks from the mid 30’s to later in the draft to match.

With Josh Schache at the club Jamara Ugle-Hagen may find it hard to get a crack in the seniors. We might get to see him in action down at Yeronga v our reserves.

It'll be interesting to see if the Bulldogs can build an indigenous culture around JUH. They've had a few indigenous players on their list since (Harbrow, Jones, Hamling off the top of my head), but I reckon they haven't drafted an indigenous player since Zeph Skinner in 2010.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He hung on way past his use by date. Collingwood was on its knees when he first became president though, so overall his legacy is pretty good.

Do Collingwood a favour, and take Nathan with you..

He hung on way past his use by date. Collingwood was on its knees when he first became president though, so overall his legacy is pretty good.
Eddie shits me to tears but if you were a Collingwood member he did a fantastic job for that club for a long long time. IMO right up until the tide turned against him making racist and insensitive comments in the media, at which point he became an entrenched problem.

Understands the business/corporate side of footy. Little else though and his ego gets in the way.

Eddie shits me to tears but if you were a Collingwood member he did a fantastic job for that club for a long long time. IMO right up until the tide turned against him making racist and insensitive comments in the media, at which point he became an entrenched problem.
One of his predecessors (McAlister) famously set the example when he remarked some years ago (after Winmar was racially abused at Vic Park I think) that as long as indigenous players act like white people they will be admired and respected.

One of his predecessors (McAlister) famously set the example when he remarked some years ago (after Winmar was racially abused at Vic Park I think) that as long as indigenous players act like white people they will be admired and respected.

Like when Arthur Tunstall replied to a inquire about sending a young indigenous boxer to the Olympics he replied, "We need people who know how to use a knife and fork."

Yes, a different strain of COVID certainly has gone through the AFL world.

...Majak Daw, Gary Rohan, the Buckley's

I’m wading into conspiracy territory here but I still wonder about the rumours re Eddie pushing for beams and paying off gambling debts. Has anything about the validity of this been proven?

my conspiracy is Eddie did indeed do both, the afl investigated the gambling debt and recently mandated the value had to come from salary cap, hence the strange recent trade period. And the board have used this a leverage to get Eddie to leave.

no doubt my imagination is in overdrive and I’m 100% wrong. Just find it all odd.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back