Non-lions discussion 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

A couple of years ago on this site a whole bunch of North supporters were argueing that their young crop of players were better than ours....that was strange

A couple of years ago on this site a whole bunch of North supporters were argueing that their young crop of players were better than ours....that was strange
Most poisonous group of oppo supporters you'll ever see on BigFooty that lot, was a weird week on here when we played them last year and Oscar got that totally legit free kick to give us the goal/win.

Speaking of oppo supporters. Just want to give everyone on here a bit of a pat on the back for the relatively measured responses on our Autopsy thread this week. We seem to have taken it better than the posters on the St Kilda board. Sweet Lord.

I think the usual suspects went about their business dropping half the squad but definitely feel most people used some commonsense and could see it wasn't the end of the world. I still stand by my thoughts that the distance covered + 5 day break + Geelongs physicality = something our young group isn't used to and got caught out by it. Need lessons like this to learn, especially heading into a period of time where 5 day breaks will be the norm.

Before Dylan shows up to copy and paste his treatise on the Suns draft assistance package, let's just admire Izak Rankine.
No doubt you’re satisfied with the over the top handouts afforded the Suns despite having better young elite talent than any other club, but wait, we’re giving them more this year for good measure?

No doubt you’re satisfied with the over the top handouts afforded the Suns despite having better young elite talent than any other club, but wait, we’re giving them more this year for good measure?

F622CBCB-A97E-4D67-8FCA-1D03284B9FC9.gif

A friend who supports GC says they traded one of the concession picks for this year in last years trade period as they figured the concessions might be rescinded if they did well this year.

With lists being shortened they are going to have to have to shed some pretty serious talent (like GWS did) so getting extra picks might not be wanted. The bigger concession is the early access to a kid from the NT (name???) but I expect that will also be addressed.

As before a few won't come on as expected- Swallow was talked up as a super player but... Also will lose a few, good chance Rowell is at a Vic club in a few years especially if the Suns don't make the finals.

Does level of satisfaction about Suns handouts make Rankine any less of a football player or any less entertaining to watch?

At some point we have to move on and just smell the roses

(Log in to remove this ad.)

...and cowardly

Just as bad as a racial or homophobic slur in my view:mad::thumbsdown:
Sorry but that's a bit much. The bloke was unfairly singled out for delaying the season that is correct, but lets not pretend that is anywhere near the level of racial slurs which are based on many years of oppression.

Reminds me of the.. injection gesturing by (Mitchell was it?)
Tasteless and stupid. Especially with the death toll occurring around the world...

Anyway, here's hoping the Swans smash the Tiges!

GWS really didn’t show a lot when the game was in the balance in the last quarter. I think their defence can be suspect under the pressure of quick small forwards.

Huge game for us next week, 5-2 looks so much better than 4-3. GWS there for the taking but will be fired up.

We will be equally fired up - we'll have last weeks loss and the finals loss on our minds. I guarantee we'll look like the team who beat Port against them.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back