2022 @ Round 22​
2021 @ Round 22​
Bombers​
15​
Giants​
16​
Eagles​
17​

The top 8 not quite settled yet but 3 from outside the 8 in 2022 will stay inside the 8

Pies 16th @ round 22 last year
Dockers 10th @ round 22 last year
Tigers 11th @ round 22 last year

Reckon Dodoro gets a bad rap for his drafting and trading.Player development and injury management seem to be bigger issues.
He stuffed up the Joe trade but I think he expected Joe to remain

Nice to see some coaches are coming around to the idea that the answer to every in-game situation isn't just to slow the tempo or defend more.

Which reminds me of my favourite Ross story from back when he was coach of St Kilda...

About halfway through the last quarter of a game in which they were beating some hapless mob by about 12 goals to three, as was their wont, the Saints decided to run down the clock, chipping the ball sideways and backwards and taking precisely zero risks. When asked later what that was all about, Ross replied something along the lines of 'we need to be prepared in case we're five points up in a grand final with two minutes to go...'

Well, Ross, you weren't 'five points up' in the grand final, you were five points DOWN, and your players had NFI what to do about it A-HAHAHAHA!!

You would have enjoyed that one, ZoBlitz?
I think I remember that story, actually.

Sums Ross up.

Neil Mitchell might have to admit on air that he got it wrong. Not sure he knows the word.

So he's like an uncool version of the Fonz?

fonzie-effusion21.jpg

Pretty filthy how we were just about the most affected by Covid and no other Victorian club has gotten it yet

Finals infections would work out just fine.

Wonder if some clubs are not being as diligent with testing.

Pretty filthy how we were just about the most affected by Covid and no other Victorian club has gotten it yet
I wouldn't mind betting that some other clubs weren't as diligent with their testing.... and with players self testing/reporting to their clubs I also wouldn't be surprised if they tested positive and were feeling fine they kept it to themselves.

Could you imagine Grand Final week if a big player eg. Lachie Neale, Jeremy Cameron, Christian Petracca, Tom Lynch tested positive and were feeling perfectly fine, can not see that player or club pulling a healthy gun out of a GF.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jeremy Cameron with a low grade hamstring strain. Gotta be very doubtful for the qualifying final.

He has a few weeks to recover .

He does but you'd expect he'd be just on the edge and if it's touch and go they might err on the side of caution figuring he'll get an extra week, or ideally two, to recover with their double chance. It's the same hammy he injured thrice last year so I think they'll be cautious. Looms as a potential big out.

He does but you'd expect he'd be just on the edge and if it's touch and go they might err on the side of caution figuring he'll get an extra week, or ideally two, to recover with their double chance. It's the same hammy he injured thrice last year so I think they'll be cautious. Looms as a potential big out.
It’s a Chris Scott ploy.

I wouldn't mind betting that some other clubs weren't as diligent with their testing.... and with players self testing/reporting to their clubs I also wouldn't be surprised if they tested positive and were feeling fine they kept it to themselves.

Could you imagine Grand Final week if a big player eg. Lachie Neale, Jeremy Cameron, Christian Petracca, Tom Lynch tested positive and were feeling perfectly fine, can not see that player or club pulling a healthy gun out of a GF.

A few weeks ago when you had the same line of thought people put a fair bit of time into explaining why this wouldn't be the wisest strategy to prevent an outbreak. Did you just ignore all that?

A few weeks ago when you had the same line of thought people put a fair bit of time into explaining why this wouldn't be the wisest strategy to prevent an outbreak. Did you just ignore all that?
I didn't say it was the "wisest strategy" BRAB, just put/putting my opinion out there of what I think would/could be going on. It appears society in general is moving on from mandatory measures re Covid I'm of the opinion an industry with participants at an extremely low risk form Covid should too, ie. should be individual health decisions not one size fits all.

I wouldn't say I ignore what is said to me on Big Footy but I would say depending on the subject matter it has little to no affect on me psychologically or on my opinions, I just love chatting all things Lions.

Non footy stuff I have been largely banned from so if the subject is being discussed some of my opinions on that have seeped into footy threads, I apologise if my wrong think has offended you BRAB;).

After earlier in the day it being said/reported Essendon haven't spoken to Clarkson, tonight now apparently they have. Imagine if they swipe him from right under Norf's noses. I'd actually feel sorry for them if that happens

After seeing what's happening to Rutten, even Clarko wouldn't be jumping at that opportunity.

Yeah he can get a massive contract but pressure would be enormous.

Knee jerk rubbish to put their hat in the ring for Clarkson..rounds 16-20 they beat Sydney,Lions,Suns and North and lost to Collingwood by a couple of points.They are hardly struggling.One blowout towards the end of a season and all this ridiculous hoo ha

Really felt bad for Rutten after Hind's reaction at the end there. Leppa would've choked him.

Rutten can't continue now.

Sky news taken out of context reporting .
They wonder why there is so much mental health problems .
Rubbish reporting at it’s best .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back