Non-Lions Footy Season (2017)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eagles big time underperformers this year. Their ridiculous trading recently hasn't helped.

Losing Naitanui really hasn't helped, they're so slow but his brilliant hitouts make the difference for them. If he does come back late - and get back to his best - it will defo help them, but there's a question of how late is too late.

Just found out this about Toby Greene. After punching Rance today it will be his 14th report. This will be the 7th time he's been charged by the MRP. He has also been charged with assault with a deadly weapon and intentionally causing serious injury. He's only played 100 games

Im comfortable in calling him a flog. That is an atrocious record and you have to start questioning if he should be allowed to play at all

The guy up north exceeded a number of games suspension (15?) Which meant that he cannot every play again. Is that rule relevant to the afl?

Just found out this about Toby Greene. After punching Rance today it will be his 14th report. This will be the 7th time he's been charged by the MRP. He has also been charged with assault with a deadly weapon and intentionally causing serious injury. He's only played 100 games

Im comfortable in calling him a flog. That is an atrocious record and you have to start questioning if he should be allowed to play at all
He is a grub

On HTC 2PS6200 using BigFooty.com mobile app

The guy up north exceeded a number of games suspension (15?) Which meant that he cannot every play again. Is that rule relevant to the afl?
Nah.

David Rhys-Jones got booked 21 times, suspended for 17 games.
Gary Ablett Sr got booked 14 times, suspended for 21 games.
Robert Muir got booked 13 times, suspended for 22 games.
Phil Carman got booked 9 times, suspended for 24 games.
Carl Ditterich got booked 19 times, suspended for 30 games.
Rod Grinter got booked 10 times, suspended for 31 games.
Barry Hall got booked 13 times, suspended for 22 games.
Jim Krakour got booked 14 times, suspended for 23 games.
Tony Lockett got suspended for 23 games, booked 14 times.
Dermott Brereton got booked 15 times, suspended 30 games.

And a whole lot more at http://stats.afl.com.au/public/stat...roup_idIndex=0&season_idIndex=0&guiltyIndex=0

Clever work by the Swans with the Ireland to Harley succession plan. They take their most promising executive out of the reaches of the AFL who are clearly going to raid clubland to fill the gaps in head office. I wonder if we've similarly considered fast-tracking a Swann to Noble transition.

Clever work by the Swans with the Ireland to Harley succession plan. They take their most promising executive out of the reaches of the AFL who are clearly going to raid clubland to fill the gaps in head office. I wonder if we've similarly considered fast-tracking a Swann to Noble transition.
I'd just about be done with footy if the AFL poached Noble after instilling him with Brisbane

Rumours starting to circle on the Draft & Trading, Richmond and Sydney boards that Dusty could join the Swans. Tigers fans are already melting hard over the mere thought:D

9 year contract?

Rumours starting to circle on the Draft & Trading, Richmond and Sydney boards that Dusty could join the Swans. Tigers fans are already melting hard over the mere thought:D

I might join them. Equalization isn't working if Sydney can continue to grab the best players. The extra revenue for players isn't intended to be manipulated to buy other players but that's how they'd work it. Scum.

I'm sick of Sydney.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I might join them. Equalization isn't working if Sydney can continue to grab the best players. The extra revenue for players isn't intended to be manipulated to buy other players but that's how they'd work it. Scum.

COLA is gone. If they want to dedicate a massive amount of their cap to a few marquee players, so be it. It's a risky strategy.

I'm sick of Sydney.
Surely they have to get rid of Tippett to be able to afford him, even with the extra cap.
That is beyond a joke.
They managed to kept the Franklin deal under wraps though.

Last edited:
To be fair, he's also having a better career on the field than Longer...

(I wanted and expected us to take Tomlinson. Reading what he's said about GWS, I don't know that he would've hung around with us either.)

sorry been reading through these a bit late, whats Tomlinson said about GWS? he signed on last year didn't he seems to want to learn in their culture and was finally get a fair crack last year too?

sorry been reading through these a bit late, whats Tomlinson said about GWS? he signed on last year didn't he seems to want to learn in their culture and was finally get a fair crack last year too?
He said he was pretty homesick in his first couple of years and it was only relatively recently that he settled down and is now firmly embedded in Sydney. Given our retention issues at the time, it's not hard to extrapolate that if we'd drafted him he easily could have walked with the rest of the guys.

Have heard similar within AFL circles.

Given the arrogance of Richmond fans at the height of when Schache was going to join them and Martin was re-signing, I would find it hilarious if Martin does leave and they're left without both Martin and Schache.

Have no sympathy for Richmond or its fans.

If the Swans can afford to pay Dusty $1m+ a year and keep Buddy, Tippett, Kennedy, Parker, Hennebery, Reid, Mills, Heeney, Rowan and most of their other senior players it will be one of the modern Wonders of the World.

If the Swans can afford to pay Dusty $1m+ a year and keep Buddy, Tippett, Kennedy, Parker, Hennebery, Reid, Mills, Heeney, Rowan and most of their other senior players it will be one of the modern Wonders of the World.
They will let Tippett go and retire a couple. But still....

I certainly hope not to us.

Won't Tayla Harris be pissed.
She will be requesting a trade to GWS next year.

Tippet has two years to run on his contract so no quick fix there unless some other club picks up or shares the tab. The potential retirees wouldn't add up to much you wouldn't think - McVeigh, Grundy maybe.

Tippet has two years to run on his contract so no quick fix there unless some other club picks up or shares the tab. The potential retirees wouldn't add up to much you wouldn't think - McVeigh, Grundy maybe.
Tippett is contracted until end of 2018. A few of the seniors would be on ok money jack, mcveigh. They might have a taker on Tippett which would loosen up some cap and then fill with kids.

Woah I take that back he is contracted until 2020.

Sucks to be them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back