Non-Lions Footy Season (2017)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
And the fact that everyone seems to want to go to Alberton won't help their state of mind either.

Well Port are handing out the $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Port are going be right up there next year.

Hmm, depends. They will get a tougher draw and will have to learn how to beat top 8 sides. They're still a Dixon injury away from irrelevance.

Hmm, depends. They will get a tougher draw and will have to learn how to beat top 8 sides. They're still a Dixon injury away from irrelevance.

If Wingard can find form a Wingard/Gray forward line could be pretty potent.

Also who knows what will happen with the Ryder thing. Honestly they had a pretty good injury run this year. All they need is a couple of injuries and who know where they will finish
I also reckon that Ryder year could prove to be an outlier.

They fell into the middle 6 of the groupings. Should get out of it okay and with 1 definite double up against Adelaide in the top 6

A few of those other teams in that middle grouping would be expected to improve quite a bit again next year too.

Kochie will burn down Adelaide if Port don't win the premiership next season.

Needs an obligatory staked knacker before I will take any statement as fact - this goes for you two-bit journo's reading this too! :cool:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Geez for a club that supposedly had cap issues they're fitting in some now pieces.

It seems like the salaries of Trengove and Lobbe's may have been the biggest contributors. Considering one's gone, the other's on the way out and the new CBA deal they've probably fallen into a bundle they could use more astutely.

Glad we have ports 2017 1st round pick not 2018. They could be pretty impressive next year.

They're looking good but they could never cut it when it counted against top teams this year and I'd agree with TBD that a few of those teams sharing that middle ground could really improve. Bombers are a finals team bringing in 3 very handy players along with the development to their young guns. Don't like the Bombers but loving the list they've built and the way they play. Demons should be hungry as hell after missing out this year and bringing in Lever and Swans underperformed and I still like their list more than Port's. Port will no doubt improve but will it be enough to counter the improvement of the teams around them?

Richmond traded in Josh Caddy, Dion Prestia and Toby Nankervis during the 2016 trade period.

Will Port Adelaide's big 3 of Tom Rockliff, Steven Motlop and possibly Jack Watts have as big an affect during the 2018 season?

Richmond traded in Josh Caddy, Dion Prestia and Toby Nankervis during the 2016 trade period.

Will Port Adelaide's big 3 of Tom Rockliff, Steven Motlop and possibly Jack Watts have as big an affect during the 2018 season?

I have doubts but it's really impossible to say for me considering I didn't think Richmond had a premiership in them.

I have doubts but it's really impossible to say for me considering I didn't think Richmond had a premiership in them.
Good call. I questioned Rockliff - it's a pretty vanilla group with Ebert, Wines & SPP. Yeah yeah he can rotate forward with Gray but I think they need leg speed. Which is why I think Motlop is probably the best pick for them.

I think they probably need another tall to support Dixon too. Port were at their best when Trengove pushed forward and stretched the opposition defence. Does Watts do that? No. Will Marshall be ready? I have no idea but I doubt it.

Their defence seems suss on paper but credit to them I suppose it held up pretty well.

Good call. I questioned Rockliff - it's a pretty vanilla group with Ebert, Wines & SPP. Yeah yeah he can rotate forward with Gray but I think they need leg speed. Which is why I think Motlop is probably the best pick for them.

I think they probably need another tall to support Dixon too. Port were at their best when Trengove pushed forward and stretched the opposition defence. Does Watts do that? No. Will Marshall be ready? I have no idea but I doubt it.

Their defence seems suss on paper but credit to them I suppose it held up pretty well.

Teams are built on on 40 blokes and a system. How good is your system and how well can 22 of those 40 fit into that system? The deceptively simple eternal question.

Port Adelaide have got 2 years to win a flag. Boak, Gray, Ryder all 30 next year. Ebert, Harlett, Rockliff, Dixon all in their late 20s. Most of their next tier are mid-20s.

They might be able to still make the Top 8 in 2020, but there's a hell of a cliff coming - they've got 2 years to make it count. Similar path as to what North Melbourne did. But if they can snag a flag it's worth it.

Hmmmm, at the time the Tigers picked players under 24....Port have picked players 26+.......Wonder if Hinkley asked his midfield manager what his wish list is?.......Crazy crazy Shades of 2009....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back