Non-Lions Footy Season (2018)

Remove this Banner Ad

To make the round more depressing the 3 teams that have beaten us have been beaten comfortably.

After quarter time, we scored more goals against the reigning premiers than Melbourne did today against a side that didn’t even make the eight.

Hope that cheers you up:p

It would if Melbourne hadn’t beat us at home 2 weeks ago and doesn’t fill me with confidence for when we have to play the Hawks.

Saints players are completely deflated, no enthusiasm at all when they got those 2 quick goals.....should've revved each other up and lots of "lets go boys!"

..but nothing. They are not happy as a team.

Richo's days should be numbered.

I’m slightly worried we don’t play Carlton until around 16. Could be a long 11 weeks coming up!

We should beat the suns this weekend. I’d be really worried if we don’t.

Roberton at hospital having scans on his heart...and it's not the first time this sort of thing has happened to him. Really hope he's okay.

I've had several fainting spells in my life and doctors brushed it aside, I think mainly due to my age. In January whilst on nursing placement for my diploma I fainted in a patients room and was taken down to emergency in a wheelchair and on oxygen. I had my vital signs taken several times over a few hours and had two ECGs done. I was discharged a few hours later with a referral to see a cardiologist. I did a stress test and was diagnosed with vasovagal syncope. I now can't practice hot yoga as much as I used to, need to remain fully hydrated, have double the salt intake of a normal adult and wear compression stockings (medical grade) if I'm going to work, class, nursing placement or going to be standing for a long period of time. I need to be taken to hospital each time I fully faint now to be checked over. The cardiologist is going to see how I manage the following year myself without medication or surgery. I need to have annual appointments with him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Melbourne = myth, again?

Yeah.

They got Nathan Jones to tag Mitchell. The problem is that they don't seem to have anyone else capable of kickstarting the team as a whole, so basically lost it there.

Its great seeing Melbourne getting put back in their box.

They've been buying into this notion for some time that they'll be the next Western Bulldogs / Richmond and the self-entitlement of their players and supporters has been evident for some time to the point of it being unbearable, particularly their arrogant fans.
Will never forget our game against them last year for the ridiculous coverage of them 'making the eight' with a win against us. Only, they barely beat us and then didn't make the eight anyway. It's strange the think about how poor that is from channel 7, even by their standards.

Gunston, Frawley, Burgoyne, McEvoy.......the list goes on

Now there is talk of them being in the hunt for Tom Lynch.
As soon as they announced there is negligible "ambassador" allowance for him, says the suns are going to Hobart.

Lynch goes to Melbourne, the vic clubs all pat themselves on the back. Suns fold in three years

As soon as they announced there is negligible "ambassador" allowance for him, says the suns are going to Hobart.

Lynch goes to Melbourne, the vic clubs all pat themselves on the back. Suns fold in three years
Wouldn't necessarily think they will fold but they will be perennial cellar dwellars (much like we have been for as long as l have been watching AFL)

Wouldn't necessarily think they will fold but they will be perennial cellar dwellars (much like we have been for as long as l have been watching AFL)
They won't survive. Keep in mind the Lynch ambassador payment decision coincides with Tassie footy being in crisis and promises from Gil.

Lynch goes, gc die an unnatural death, franchise goes to Hobart pissing off North

On what basis ‘should’ we win this week. I hope you are correct but I am prone to having a bet & think the bookies have it wrong.

Based on the fact we almost beat Port and showed we are very capable. Suns are trying to match the Tigers intensity but they don’t have the talent we do. Even if we play as well as we did against Melbourne we’ll be a good chance.

Suns will finish bottom 3 like us but at home especially we should win. If we can’t then it’s gonna be a tough battle with Carlton for the spoon.

Perhaps my punting mind is dominating my thoughts but I struggle to see how the side that has not won a game, & kicked 2 goals the previous week can be $1.77 favourite.

When I look at it on face value the Suns have the best key forward, Lynch & key back in May. For us to win we need a lift from some of our experienced players, let’s hope we get it.

Perhaps my punting mind is dominating my thoughts but I struggle to see how the side that has not won a game, & kicked 2 goals the previous week can be $1.77 favourite.

When I look at it on face value the Suns have the best key forward, Lynch & key back in May. For us to win we need a lift from some of our experienced players, let’s hope we get it.

They are coming off 2x games in Perth and their carlton win has proved to be maybe not as impressive as we initially thought.

They are coming off 2x games in Perth and their carlton win has proved to be maybe not as impressive as we initially thought.

Their win in the Cairns Pool against North may not be entirely relevant either.

Game resembled more a Water Polo match than one of Aussie Rules Football

Remove this Banner Ad

Back