Non-Lions Footy Season (2018)

Remove this Banner Ad

Overall this finals series hasn't been of a great standard IMO, the Eagles v Magpies Qualifying final was good and the performance by the Pies last night was exceptional but besides that the finals has been a bit Meh.

Hopefully the GF makes up for it with a thriller and a close Magpies loss.

Nothing like the scale of the AFL grannie, the parade, the number of interstate and corporate tickets sold. Not a valid comparison.

Bigger maximum crowd the only thing not comparable IMO. FFA doesn't have exclusive access to the grounds like AFL do in most cases.

So you are saying that the WA Gov and the AFL couldn't arrange to host the GF next week starting now?

Its all moot anyway as the VFL rolls on. Maybe after a decade of Vic teams winning GF's against interstate teams this whole 'tradition' garbage will be contested.

Not very often you can say in a final that a team is getting junk time goals all the 2nd half, Eagles just cruising to the grand final.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

"Okay Google play Max Gawn highlights"..............................

Rory from Gilmore Girls would have a better set shot technique.

Nothing like the scale of the AFL grannie, the parade, the number of interstate and corporate tickets sold. Not a valid comparison.
LOL. There's no way any other city/ground could host an AFL game, a parade, and some visitors? I think they all could deal with that, unless Hawthorn decides to host a GF in Launceston.

I expect I'll be in the minority here, but will be passionately supporting Collingwood next week. Have never really been able to muster up the hate for them that others have, but can't stand this West Coast team.

I expect I'll be in the minority here, but will be passionately supporting Collingwood next week. Have never really been able to muster up the hate for them that others have, but can't stand this West Coast team.

Vast minority I'm afraid. I sit next to a Pies supporter at work and they've absolutely killed any goodwill I had for them (which wasn't much to begin with).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back