Lord of the Wings

Club Legend
Nov 9, 2020
Pacific Island
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Tigers
Speaking to a mate that is involved with one of the big TSL teams last night and he mentioned Tassie Govt, Norf and AFL are in discussions to relocate to Tassie from 2023 onwards. Apparently discussions are fairly advanced.

Interesting points he passed on:

- They would be based in Hobart but split their home games between Hobart and Launceston enabling members to buy a full membership or just one for their local games
- They'll wear their Norf jumper for away games but change the blue strip to dark green for home games.
- They'll be renamed the Tassie Kangaroos
- The VFL team will align with a TSL team (mates team has been approached)
- Priority access to Tassie talent via a new Tassie academy
- Their AFLW team will also move.
- Their Board is split on aligning with their VFL team and doubts they'll agree.

Interesting times. Watch this space

Speaking to a mate that is involved with one of the big TSL teams last night and he mentioned Tassie Govt, Norf and AFL are in discussions to relocate to Tassie from 2023 onwards. Apparently discussions are fairly advanced.

Interesting points he passed on:

- They would be based in Hobart but split their home games between Hobart and Launceston enabling members to buy a full membership or just one for their local games
- They'll wear their Norf jumper for away games but change the blue strip to dark green for home games.
- They'll be renamed the Tassie Kangaroos
- The VFL team will align with a TSL team (mates team has been approached)
- Priority access to Tassie talent via a new Tassie academy
- Their AFLW team will also move.
- Their Board is split on aligning with their VFL team and doubts they'll agree.

Interesting times. Watch this space
Lol I bet your mate is having a good old chuckle to himself that you believed this.

I can almost guarantee it won't be North Melbourne moving. They are in a sound financial position.

St.Kilda is the one I reckon. Big issues.

Norf have no identity in Melb, they are a nothing team that no one cares about. They get a whole State by moving to Tassie

Norf have no identity in Melb, they are a nothing team that no one cares about. They get a whole State by moving to Tassie

Whilst I don't disagree with this, we got to look at facts. North have built their financial position to be very strong. They now, can walk on their own two feet and have facilities to start to build that. They were a Powerhouse in the 1990's with an identity, that will come with winning.

St.Kilda have massive financial problems, bigger than most realise. They need AFL assistance. Probably for a while.

Which team are we sending to Tassie if we had the chance?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Whilst I don't disagree with this, we got to look at facts. North have built their financial position to be very strong. They now, can walk on their own two feet and have facilities to start to build that. They were a Powerhouse in the 1990's with an identity, that will come with winning.

St.Kilda have massive financial problems, bigger than most realise. They need AFL assistance. Probably for a while.

Which team are we sending to Tassie if we had the chance?

Completely agree, however, which team does the head of the AFL barrack for? He'll continue to bail them out whilst in the seat and also try and plug the Tassie hole before he leaves.

Completely agree, however, which team does the head of the AFL barrack for? He'll continue to bail them out whilst in the seat and also try and plug the Tassie hole before he leaves.

Depends. I don't see it quite that way although we do know the AFL executives are corrupt. If they do relocate North to Tassie, I feel court cases and the like will be coming out.

Saints have absolutely no legs to stand on, bit like Fitzroy.

Depends. I don't see it quite that way although we do know the AFL executives are corrupt. If they do relocate North to Tassie, I feel court cases and the like will be coming out.

Saints have absolutely no legs to stand on, bit like Fitzroy.

The way it was explained to me Norf are intimately involved in the discussions. Its not a Swans or Lions type forced relocation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back