AFLW Round 10 vs Norf at Arden St

Remove this Banner Ad

My word , garner is next best thing to mon con , can play
I think in the women's game, the way it's played at this stage a bona fide tagger is gold. A single player can really dominate a game and the result. Very handy to have her up our sleeve to shut down the oppos number one mid.

Geez they put some pressure on Mon Conti today, she just couldn't get any free air. Thankfully Elli and Grace really stepped up.

a big shout out to Meg Macdonald in keeping Jas Garner to 13 mainly ineffectual disposals, she's done a job on some very good players
love the way she gives her all for the team

Stella Reid and Emelia Yassir starting to show they belong at the top level
Reidy is a bloody good kick , put down the gasses when she’s lining up

Agree, but I'm not as abject about the umps as most are here (some are in the Trump Conspiracy League). We get ourselves into a lot of trouble still. The blind kicks are not quite as many as last season (and early into the season). You can actually see most of girls looking now, which of itself contributes to our getting under pressure, but we are getting better at it. Little by little.

The good teams have worked Sheerin our a little bit now.

The criticism of Mon, Grace and Ellie trying to do too much is warranted, but the solve will come as they build their handball strength up a bit more and can handball wider to farther targets. It really shows against the more season sides like today when the outlet handball is given, but the oppo is still in tight enough to tackle or pressure.

This is going to interesting to see how Brisbane bounce back against us, whether at the Gabba or at Burpengary - should be at the Gabba.
The female umpire, IMO was trying to get noticed.
They usually are from our perspective. Even more so for some
001CE378-8185-46B4-8BB0-8C8BA33DA248.png

I don’t normally go the Umps but it seemed to me the most contentious calls came from this ump.
Three bodgy calls against Elle and as the non officiating umpire in the Wakefield come forward tackle she laid.

I’m gonna watch the replay but first impression she umpiref differently to the others and differently to all other games this season.

The female umpire, IMO was trying to get noticed.

View attachment 1546113

I don’t normally go the Umps but it seemed to me the most contentious calls came from this ump.
Three bodgy calls against Elle and as the non officiating umpire in the Wakefield come forward tackle she laid.

I’m gonna watch the replay but first impression she umpiref differently to the others and differently to all other games this season.
Has that same fat face as Kearney. Is that why she didn’t play?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

worst timing… can’t watch as I’m playing cricket ffs
Gagf AFL hierarchy
WTF.??

The cricket will get washed out again.
Already missed 5 Saturdays this season.

Just finished. Great awareness by Yassir at the end to rush it

Agreed, she certainly knew the state of the game and was desperate to get it over the line any old way.

Thought the girls fought it out fantastic and in the end got the result they needed. Nice to see Meg McDonald starting to get some recognition, we've looked much stronger in the middle since she came in as a defensive mid, much better balanced.

a big shout out to Meg Macdonald in keeping Jas Garner to 13 mainly ineffectual disposals, she's done a job on some very good players
love the way she gives her all for the team

Stella Reid and Emelia Yassir starting to show they belong at the top level
I wouls add Katelyn Cox…she can play

we took her from Dawks seconds …it took the club a while to rid her of the poos and wees but she is coming along nicely

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back