AFLW Round 10 vs Norf at Arden St

Remove this Banner Ad

Congrats Tiger girls. North had most of the momentum that half, found their kick mark game style in patches and looked to do enough, but our girls hung in there, managed to get the ball into enough chains and overcome some ordinary calls and our own tendency to give the ball back. It wasn't pretty, it was courageous at times, but mostly it was enough.
Are you on board the we will never lose again train of thought?

If we lose to the Bears and Norf win

We play em again at Punt Rd
I reckon the afl will want us to play at princes park

Are you on board the we will never lose again train of thought?
If you were a jockey, you would get a ride this Tuesday just on your will to get your mount home somehow. Well done Tigs!

Yassir was clutch in that last 2 minutes with all the 1 percenters.
She is most weeks, her biggest issue is her tendency to not know where the second arm is in a tackle. She gets low enough with the lead arm, but too often comes higher with the second - she'll give away too many frees with that technique - I understand that at that height it's also about protecting above her own neck, but gee she was lucky in that last couple minutes too, probably more unsighted than anything.

But yeah, she is very deserved of praise for her 1%ers. The rest is coming.

Last edited:
I reckon the afl will want us to play at princes park

Yeah, probably to maximise the number of people wanting to go....

Last edited:
Absolutely brilliant effort today. Norf and the ******* corrupt campaigner umpires threw everything at us. Some of our mids Mon, Grace and Ellie tried to do too much at times, selling themselves into trouble and we lacked composure in a pressure cooker atmosphere.

But wow when we get the ball out in the open we look awesome. We also got killed in the air, North took three times as many marks. The one thing I wish we'd clean up is blind kicks to the oppo. It's been a problem all year and in fact an issue since the beginning. Have a look ladies !

Geez tho, a minimum of two finals is going to be terrific for the development of the side. Win one and catapult deep into finals would be awesome.

Go girls !

Agree, but I'm not as abject about the umps as most are here (some are in the Trump Conspiracy League). We get ourselves into a lot of trouble still. The blind kicks are not quite as many as last season (and early into the season). You can actually see most of girls looking now, which of itself contributes to our getting under pressure, but we are getting better at it. Little by little.

The good teams have worked Sheerin our a little bit now.

The criticism of Mon, Grace and Ellie trying to do too much is warranted, but, the solve will come as they build their handball strength up a bit more and can handball wider to farther targets. It really shows against the more season sides like today when the outlet handball is given, but the oppo is still in tight enough to tackle or pressure.

This is going to be interesting to see how Brisbane bounce back against us, whether at the Gabba or at Burpengary - should be at the Gabba.

Last edited:
Agree, but I'm not as abject about the umps as most are here (some are in the Trump Conspiracy League). We get ourselves into a lot of trouble still. The blind kicks are not quite as many as last season (and early into the season). You can actually see most of girls looking now, which of itself contributes to our getting under pressure, but we are getting better at it. Little by little.

The criticism of Mon, Grace and Ellie trying to do too much is warranted, but the solve will come as they build their handball strength up a bit more and can handball wider to farther targets. It really shows against the more season sides like today when the outlet handball is given, but the oppo is still in tight enough to tackle or pressure.

This is going to interesting to see how Brisbane bounce back against us, whether at the Gabba or at Burpengary - should be at the Gabba.
Nah will be at BurpenGary , gabba getting ready for cricket

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The criticism of Mon, Grace and Ellie trying to do too much is warranted, but the solve will come as they build their handball strength up a bit more and can handball wider to farther targets. It really shows against the more season sides like today when the outlet handball is given, but the oppo is still in tight enough to tackle or pressure.

This is going to interesting to see how Brisbane bounce back against us, whether at the Gabba or at Burpengary - should be at the Gabba.
Its actually at Metricon. Closer for me.

The umps were red hot on htb , we werent granted the same , a norf player tried to break 3 tackles before a ball up , millzy brilliant tackle on bruton similar to was paid v us 5 x , play on
our best players should be given a green light to take it on , v better sides you won’t get the same time ,it’s the lesser likes ,,like millzy that have to handball quicker

The umps were red hot on htb , we werent granted the same , a norf player tried to break 3 tackles before a ball up , millzy brilliant tackle on bruton similar to was paid v us 5 x , play on
our best players should be given a green light to take it on , v better sides you won’t get the same time ,it’s the lesser likes ,,like millzy that have to handball quicker
They usually are from our perspective. Even more so for some

Its actually at Metricon. Closer for me.
Bully for you - sorry mate, but I hate going to the Gold Coast. I was hoping to catch up maybe if it were in Bris, but the extra hour now - probs not. Oh well - enjoy!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back