2nds North Adelaide vs Port Adelaide - Trial Match 1 @ Thebarton

Remove this Banner Ad

The odds are getting very slim that sinn wasnt a ******* dumb pick we sold the farm for.
The signs definitely aren't good atm, but after watching Bergman who looked like a pale undernourished kid who couldn't get a kick in a street fight in a game against a very ordinary Centrals at the Ponderosa last season and the way he performed yesterday, I'm hoping lightning will strike twice and Sinn will come good once he gets some match fitness and a run of consecutive games.

Everyone shitting the bed over Sinn, slow burn fellas. Relax. Where does hit fit into our 18 after yesterday’s performance? Drew took 4 years to get healthy. Thurstans 8 years to debut, Sinn 3 years to get through a whole game…

Not every draftee is going to be a plug and play player.

From the club write up.

Barka sounds like he has a future.

"Of the new draftees Scully and Barkla were the most prolific, with the former finding plenty of chances in the forward 50.

"Sculls naturally gets shots on goal, he likes to stay home a bit more, we're trying to find that balance of working up the ground, where he can get used and give us some defensive stuff as well," Goldsack reflected of the teenager.

"When he's around the ball in the forward line, he looks pretty good."

Port Adelaide will take on the Crows in a second and final pre-season hit out at Alberton from 10am on Sunday 26 March."

Scully was good in the 2nd half.

Barkla did well kicking his 2 goals at half forward.

Hagan I reckon was our best player, was clean with his disposal and had a few good forward entries.

Mead battled well, although the team was up against it.

Clurey had a few solid moments.

Teakle as I said before, covered the ground well.

Bonner wasn’t in the game anywhere near enough, but if we get it in his hands on the wing and we are a better side.

If we get Boak back, it'll mean we have both Evans and McEntee playing in the Magoo's, which should help with the balance a bit, and add some grunt to the midfield.

Scully was good in the 2nd half.

Barkla did well kicking his 2 goals at half forward.

Hagan I reckon was our best player, was clean with his disposal and had a few good forward entries.

Mead battled well, although the team was up against it.

Clurey had a few solid moments.

Teakle as I said before, covered the ground well.

Bonner wasn’t in the game anywhere near enough, but if we get it in his hands on the wing and we are a better side.
Bonner getting it 27 times says he was. from what i saw he ran up and down the wing all day and was in alot of good passages. Played his role which is all he can do.

Skully is going to be a player, reads the ball so well. Its scarey to think how good he will be after he adds 10kg.

Clurey got out marked a few times but was serviceable considering how easily it was coming in.

Bonner getting it 27 times says he was. from what i saw he ran up and down the wing all day and was in alot of good passages. Played his role which is all he can do.

Skully is going to be a player, reads the ball so well. Its scarey to think how good he will be after he adds 10kg.

Clurey got out marked a few times but was serviceable considering how easily it was coming in.

Didn’t realise Bonner had it that much. I wonder how many of those were him running towards the forward 50, and how many touches were in the defensive half.

Didn’t realise Bonner had it that much. I wonder how many of those were him running towards the forward 50, and how many touches were in the defensive half.
I watched the replay from about halfway through the third until the end and Bonner was very good in that period. Involved in a lot of passages of play, both in defense and linking up moving forward, with good quality possessions. He may have been less good earlier.
Enjoyed what I saw of Scully - good hands, had 5 or 6 shots on goal in that quarter and a half. Looks very reliable on the set shot.
Barkla looked very smooth

I watched the replay from about halfway through the third until the end and Bonner was very good in that period. Involved in a lot of passages of play, both in defense and linking up moving forward, with good quality possessions. He may have been less good earlier.
Enjoyed what I saw of Scully - good hands, had 5 or 6 shots on goal in that quarter and a half. Looks very reliable on the set shot.
Barkla looked very smooth

I'm always down for some smooth baklava

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Watching this game now..

Lord is playing forward as far as I can see.

Ross is right about teakle covering the ground, but * me, he simply does has not have the impact he should.

He’s the quintessential athlete over footballer.

It looks like we think he could be the next ronan Marshall, except Marshall always had signs of the skills before he became a big name, he just didn’t do them consistently enough.

Last edited:
I’ve just watched Scully kick 2 of his 3 goals and he’s done it the exact same way he did in juniors.

He just knows where to be at the ball drop to make it impossible for a defender to contest.

There was always this idea from people that he was just too tall, but enough times to not be a fluke I’ve watched him come from somewhere (ie not already sitting under the ball) to be in the exact right spot to take the ball.

His ability to read the ball in the air, and keep his eyes on it while moving plus his height is the combination of two perfectly matching attributes that make it very hard to stop him.

He just needs to do it more often .. which can come:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back