Preview North v crows Saturday 27 @1.45pm in Hobart

Remove this Banner Ad

Another hiding coming up.

Looking at the league factoring teams current form and our own, if the entire league stay where they are and we have some modicum of improvement the next potential win for us is round 21 against Richmond (who are only really where they are because injury which they will have likely overcome)

104 days away.

everything between we are unlikely to get near.

most teams are at least running some sort of balanced line up. We are at sea before we start.

Not sure about a s**tload of changes, but would love to see one of the big dogs get dropped. Like a Simpkin or a Corr, or a Zurhaar. Someone that might get the group to sit up and think ‘I need to have a crack here or I might be playing in the early game’.
So flat with the lads right now that i actually think most of this Group would rather play magoos and would see it as a reward.

Maley in to play forward and contest, Sellers out for him.

Chom back and stays back, keep him and Biggie together for a few games.

Wardlaw in if right, Stephens/Fisher can go for him

Fisher either goes forward or dropped.

Let's have a look at Hardeman, if he comes in, Scott goes up to the wing vacated by Stephens.

Phillips stays. I like Lazz as the sub.
Yeah sub role suits laz

Comes on when others tired and provides run

Not sure about a s**tload of changes, but would love to see one of the big dogs get dropped. Like a Simpkin or a Corr, or a Zurhaar. Someone that might get the group to sit up and think ‘I need to have a crack here or I might be playing in the early game’.
So flat with the lads right now that i actually think most of this Group would rather play magoos and would see it as a reward.

Have a chance at singing the song at the end of a game.

2s are half decent lol

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

If we were to bring moose in the only instruction I would give him is to fly for everything.

Larks make a decoy run bang it into 50 for moose to fly

I'm not sure there is any changes we can make that will magically turn it around.
Wardlaw will come in, perhaps Archer or Bergman.
What we have needs to improve. Nothings going to get better until they do.

Scott on the wing.
McKercher on the other.
Hardeman for McDonald.
Wardlaw for Jy.
Drury for Brayden George.

Rotations of
Will, Powell, Sheezel.
Ldu, Will, Wardlaw
Wardlaw, Sheezel, Ldu.

This has to be the week Archer comes in.

Our biggest need at the moment is passion, and he brings it in spades. He'll compete for four quarters and bleed for the jumper.

If they're moving Sheezel up the ground, then Archer is the best replacement.

Yes agree with this.

The number of senior players having down years is my biggest concern.
I'm not sure how we play them into form myself. Some may need VFL time some may need minor role changes in the AFL.
I'm ok with Kerch and duurs and the like having down games it's expected with guys so young. Our midfield should be a strength on paper but apart from Powell who's just been ok everyone is underperforming.
Biggie and pink were guesses bringing them onto the list. Both seem to be flops at this early stage. The only real answer will be loges return.
It was always going to be a. Difficult year. But we need our senior guys to lift.

This is my proposed lineup for round 7 and hopefully beyond.

FB - Archer, Corr, Biggie
HB - Fisher, Comben, Hardeman
C - Scott, LDU, Mckercher
HF George, Sellers, Simpkin
FF - Curtis, Larkey, Zurhaar
FOL Xerri, Wardlaw, Sheezel
INT Laz, Phillips, Powell, Duursma, Shiels

In: Archer, George, Shiels, Wardlaw, Hardeman
Out: Tucker, Stephens, Ford, Drury, McDonald

McDonald goes out to make an example like Pearce from the Dockers, where even the Captain has to work on form if required.

Braydon George was a powerful forward who can move up the ground during his junior years. Would be good to see him develop in that position and provide some pressure in forward 50

Hardenman is a rebounding defender with toughness to match and alongside side Archer’s pressure we can replace Sheezel’s influence in defence.

McKercher and Scott are great ball users and runners, they need some open space to move and distribute the ball.McKercher will be an inside mid one day but need some breathing room to use his assets now and utilise his carry and smooth movement

Sheezel has great footy IQ and can play as a mid and high forward helping to transition the ball through the corridor. Plus provide some accuracy in front of goal

Fisher takes more responsibility down back for the kick-ins, alongside Archer who adds pressure and a lockdown option.

Phillips needs to rotate back and mid, same as Merret from Essendon and Dawson from Crows, using his groundball skills and handballs to get the ball out of defensive congestion

Powell rotates inside mid and outside when McKercher/Scott needs a rest

Shiels plays defence and rotates with Archer as he has played tagger before and adds some leadership back there

Wardlaw rotates with Simpkin as a resting forward

Comben plays loose 3rd defender to provide a mobile interceptor

Biggie needs to learn to stay back and defend one-on-one and not cruise up the ground and leave his man free, as Biggie cannot run to get back in position but does provide a spoiling option.

Sadly Larkey needs to pinch-hit in the ruck.

Out: Biggie (omit) Stephens (omit) Sellers, (omit) Simpkin (omit), Duursma (rest)

In: Archer, Bergman, Maley, Wardlaw, Lazz

Move Scott and Kerch to the wings. Give Maley a crack at CHF. See if he does any better than Sellers. Simpkin needs to go to make a statement. Push Sheezel into the midfield.

B: Archer, Comben, Mcdonald
HB: Fisher, Corr, Bergman
C: McKercher, Phillips, Scott
HF: Zurhaar, Maley, Wardlaw
F: Curtis, Larkey, Ford
Foll: Xerri, Sheezel, LDU
Int: Powell, Tucker, Drury, Lazzaro
Sub: Stephens/Simpkin/Greenwood

(Log in to remove this ad.)

does it really matter? we will bounce adelaide back into form and they are massive flat track bullies. 80-100 point loss incoming.

It’s, probably, too late for a lot of us on here. However, I expect we’ll see a marked improvement from here on in - like last year after the Melbourne demolition. I expect a George Wardlaw led kamikaze assault on the Crows from the start. Nothing else makes sense. The team totally embarrassed themselves yesterday due to widespread tentativeness. Now, they know the result. After this game, I expect Xerri will head to the tribunal. He surely wants to kill someone at this stage. He’ll, probably, take out one of our players in the process. Chom, ditto. Sheezel and Wardlaw will rightly make our senior players feel thoroughly embarrassed - if they aren’t already (could that actually be?!). Bergman and Brayden George must come in. Stephens and Zac need to suffer ignominy. Finally, if Zurhaar doesn’t knock somebody into next fortnight, then he’s definitely leaving. This cannot stand!

I had agreed with not making wholesale changes but don’t think it really matters anymore the way we are going. Putting biggest problem down to the most senior players are fumbling, missing marks & failing under pressure.

I still do not get why posters keeping wanting Greenwood in. He was getting burned by vfl players on the weekend and has barely shown any meaningful form in 18 months.

I still do not get why posters keeping wanting Greenwood in. He was getting burned by vfl players on the weekend and has barely shown any meaningful form in 18 months.
It’s because something has to give and no one appears to know what that thing is.

There is also likely a subconscious element of ‘at least we won’t break him’ going on.

No one has answers on how to get outta here other than time and even then nothing is guaranteed.

We’ve all learnt this first hand as our problems seem to be a carbon copy of 2 years ago.

christopher reeve drinking GIF

Play players in roles they can feasibly play now.

We be acting like some ethereal point in the future things are just all gonna click into place and we have ebbed away all confidence within the team to even play the game.

I used to say we were a long way from anywhere.

We are now no where and I am not even sure we have a compass to tell us what direction to take.
jack sparrow compass GIF

is there room for both wardlaw and wiphi in the same team?

do we have any defenders available who can replace on the 48 forwards we have playing back there?

This is my proposed lineup for round 7 and hopefully beyond.

FB - Archer, Corr, Biggie
HB - Fisher, Comben, Hardeman
C - Scott, LDU, Mckercher
HF George, Sellers, Simpkin
FF - Curtis, Larkey, Zurhaar
FOL Xerri, Wardlaw, Sheezel
INT Laz, Phillips, Powell, Duursma, Shiels

In: Archer, George, Shiels, Wardlaw, Hardeman
Out: Tucker, Stephens, Ford, Drury, McDonald

McDonald goes out to make an example like Pearce from the Dockers, where even the Captain has to work on form if required.

Braydon George was a powerful forward who can move up the ground during his junior years. Would be good to see him develop in that position and provide some pressure in forward 50

Hardenman is a rebounding defender with toughness to match and alongside side Archer’s pressure we can replace Sheezel’s influence in defence.

McKercher and Scott are great ball users and runners, they need some open space to move and distribute the ball.McKercher will be an inside mid one day but need some breathing room to use his assets now and utilise his carry and smooth movement

Sheezel has great footy IQ and can play as a mid and high forward helping to transition the ball through the corridor. Plus provide some accuracy in front of goal

Fisher takes more responsibility down back for the kick-ins, alongside Archer who adds pressure and a lockdown option.

Phillips needs to rotate back and mid, same as Merret from Essendon and Dawson from Crows, using his groundball skills and handballs to get the ball out of defensive congestion

Powell rotates inside mid and outside when McKercher/Scott needs a rest

Shiels plays defence and rotates with Archer as he has played tagger before and adds some leadership back there

Wardlaw rotates with Simpkin as a resting forward

Comben plays loose 3rd defender to provide a mobile interceptor

Biggie needs to learn to stay back and defend one-on-one and not cruise up the ground and leave his man free, as Biggie cannot run to get back in position but does provide a spoiling option.

Sadly Larkey needs to pinch-hit in the ruck.
Unfortunately McDonald arnt going to be dropped not this week not the week after or week after that

Riding my bike up Mt Hotham on Saturday. Anticipating it will be very painful, but way, way more palatable than watching us serve up the usual ****

Riding a bike naked up Mt Hotham without a bicycle seat would be less painful than watching any North game.

Here are the changes. Out: Some useless potatoes. In: Different useless potatoes.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back