Preview North v Swines in Hobart

Remove this Banner Ad

Internet posters might selectively not notice when a player doesn't go as hard as he could/should but that is one non negotiable that doesn't get past our supercoach, said player often ends up in the VFL. . . . . . .join the dots!

Internet posters might selectively not notice when a player doesn't go as hard as he could/should but that is one non negotiable that doesn't get past our supercoach, said player often ends up in the VFL. . . . . . .join the dots!

Yet MacMillan, Goldstein, Wood and Brown get a free pass for a career of weak as piss efforts.

What dots are you on about, Brad?

There's credence to Ahens defensive side of his game when the argument is raised.

There isn't when it comes to LDU; especially the false narrative of timid & soft.
His stats don't reflect that and I've already shown that in the player thread.

And I've yet to see any evidence of real softness or unwillingness to tackle/defend in footage, and I love my mongrels; Jeds, Cunners, Zurhaars etc.

I agree with you 100% and it does my head in that people around here continue to repeat that crap. My only conclusion is that they have been asked to push the company line by Brad Scott himself. Therefore, from this day forth, anyone saying LDU is soft will be revealed as a BScotts shill.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Larkey. There's something about this kid, just has that message all over him of a guy that wants to be great and will leave no stone unturned.

I wonder what the Swannies will get away with this week.

Daw would be handy
Larkey. There's something about this kid, just has that message all over him of a guy that wants to be great and will leave no stone unturned.

If all he does for the rest of his career is improve about half as much as he has between his first few games and his last few, then he will be a fantastic player for many years for us.

Yet MacMillan, Goldstein, Wood and Brown get a free pass for a career of weak as piss efforts.

Ryan Clarke was probably the softest player I have seen at North and half his possessions lead to turnovers but Scott still picked him pretty much every week. It is not about hardness or skills but that Scott seems to have favorites who get picked regardless of form, talent, hardness or performance. The two biggest beneficiaries currently are Turner and McDonald. The shame with LMac is he is a high draft pick and came third in the rising star in his year but I don't think any of us can really say he has improved much if at all since his debut year.

Goldy has had a great year.

Wood has had a couple of poor effort games, the remainder he's played well/clearly been working hard up and down the ground getting to as many contests as possible.

Brown? - now you're just taking the piss.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back