NRL NRL 2022 Season - Round 9

Remove this Banner Ad

Have two players from the same side ever been sent off in recent years? Not in my (fairly limited) memory, I think. But it seems fair to say that had Ramien's been the first offence, he would have seen red. But yeah, the Sharks were terrific, weren't they?

Have two players from the same side ever been sent off in recent years? Not in my (fairly limited) memory, I think. But it seems fair to say that had Ramien's been the first offence, he would have seen red. But yeah, the Sharks were terrific, weren't they?
There was a famous one in 2003 where Cronulla had two players sent off as well three players in the bin at various stages against Parramatta. They went a bit nuts after the Peachey send off and lost the penalty count 18-5 and the game 74-4. I think a couple of the sin binnings were for worse offences than the Peachey send off but the Ref (Shayne Hayne) was feeling a little sorry for them and only gave them 10 minutes instead.

I can't think of any other instance since then, but there have been at least five or so games that I can remember where a player has been sent off and another player has been in the bin. Unlike yesterday I don't think any of those teams won the game.

That 2003 game was insane.

I know the Warriors scored soon after the send-off, but then the Sharks got a bucket load of resets which pretty much negated the extra man advantage for a while. I think we got 1, maybe 2 during the whole game.

Looking at the stats from the game you'd swear it was the Warriors who were short-handed. Thankfully there's nobody in Melbourne who would give me s**t about it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back