Racing October Daily Punt - Nudge Nudge WInx Winx

Remove this Banner Ad

But that just shows how ridiculous the bias is.

Only 1 horse in the world can (and will) defy the bias today - Winx.

It’s a joke
It is the dumb jockeys, you need to make your move at the 800 and be hitting the front near the turn. Finally the pressure comes on early enough and the backmarkers all be it in a tiny field run over the top.

If you let a leader kick 2-3 clear with 200m to go on any track you aren't running them down.

Terrible that those two plodders will take a spot in the cup now.
Barman has a good enough record over the distance to go around again and ended up 5th last year after another plodding season. He's never going to win it but I'd rather see him in than a horse collapsing 600m out.

yeah nah he deserves a spot.

earned $3mil cash. last year 5th, has run 3rd and 11th by 4.1L has won a decent form race for the cup as his last start. G1 winner and 2 seconds over 2 mile. also WFA second to his name.

if he doesn't deserve a spot i give up. probably same people complaining theres only 8 horses in a cox plate.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So if they filled the race out with half a dozen horses like Bonneval, Jon Snow, Hartnell, Bart, Inference etc would that make it a much better race just because there is more G1 winners in it?

Seaburge and Hardham are garbage but the other 5 are the best of what we have around to contest so filling it out with other G1 winners who have been getting beat by the 5 already in it isn't going to make it any better
Depth of quality always makes a race better, Humidor beat them once and lost a leg afterwards, Gailo Chop was allowed to walk all race in front, surely that doesn't happen in a Cox Plate. Happy Clapper was the only one who stayed in Sydney and got a G1 out of outlasting Winx, hasn't really beat much. Royal Symphony could be anything or could disappear off the radar completely. The last of the 5 won a Cranbourne cup running home in 37.04.

None of them are good enough to suggest they would easily beat the likes of those you listed.

I wouldn't be factoring in that race as far as track bias goes, every runner in it was a back marker naturally and half of them had the idea to get the soft lead and pinch it from the rest.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back