Racing October Daily Punt: Plates / Cups and Corona Virus.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Couple of distance G1s at Longchamp tonight as a little preview for tomorrow nights Arc meeting.

In the Cadran I think I’m going to bet against Strad for the first time since his 3yo days. I think Trueshan will roll him on the soft. Princess Zoe looks far too short and has already been a big drifter this morning.

The Royaliieu is for the super slow French girls and looks hard to beat if she can repeat the second to Subjectivist this time last year

Mate, any horse will ”get” any distance. It depends what they’ll rate at when they do. That was a dreadful race. She’s a nice horse, but she won’t “stay” against good stayers…but given RV are now running a protection racket for locals, maybe she can feature in some decent races in Melbourne.

I'm giving up, you are clearly still salty on it. The horse has run a career best over 2400m, CLEARLY gets 2400m to best of her ability and you are struggling to mount any further evidence to say otherwise. Get back to me when she "rates" poorly off that run.

…ps..the Metrop is a G1 in name only. I the decades I’ve wat
I'm giving up, you are clearly still salty on it. The horse has run a career best over 2400m, CLEARLY gets 2400m to best of her ability and you are struggling to mount any further evidence to say otherwise. Get back to me when she "rates" poorly off that run.
Hardly salty. I didn’t bet. She had a class edge on that lot.

Sorry mate, overdid it last night. Was out at lunch and didn’t watch any races, came home and saw the replays…the 3yos are all taking it in turns, the HOTY goes like a busted…KEMENTARI WINS!!! Thank god for Incentivise.

A bit disillusioned with our racing atm, but promise to pack away the snark for the rest of the Spring. She’s a nice horse and well done if you backed her.

Sorry mate, overdid it last night. Was out at lunch and didn’t watch any races, came home and saw the replays…the 3yos are all taking it in turns, the HOTY goes like a busted…KEMENTARI WINS!!! Thank god for Incentivise.

A bit disillusioned with our racing atm, but promise to pack away the snark for the rest of the Spring. She’s a nice horse and well done if you backed her.
The 3yos are awful

I did not back it,

Was just saying there is an argument previously that she cannot run 2400m, she did.

Anywhere that has the jockeys comments from Flemington yesterday? Can’t find anything on Racing.com.

Racenet has comments from yesterday’s Sydney races.

This site is usually good for jockeys comments. Once again a quick look and it’s only the Turnbull.

Would have to be one the most significant time gap differences between two sex specific races back to back I have ever seen in Gimcrack/Breeders. Boys surely no good.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anywhere i can see the times from yesterday?
Vic races are on racing.com NSW racing are on their website

Gonna have a rant now though, Why on earth cant the effing racing industries get together and have all the racing replays, form and times on one effing site. Its not hard. IT makes sense and it helps getting the racing industry together instead of fighting each other.
And why the eff cant we have replays of all group 1s (major races) from at least the 80s on a website so we can go back and watch. The races are out there somehwerre because raceplay used to put out videos of them. Its insane that i cant find a replay of my first love Hareeba anywhere, not even youtube. The internet was around when he was racing!
Its effed. Get your act together racing industry

Looking at the time in the Turnbull (2.01:46) surely that track was a good 4. Might in part explain VE’s sub par run.

Looking at the time in the Turnbull (2.01:46) surely that track was a good 4. Might in part explain VE’s sub par run.

This is a myth. She doesn’t get beat by Chapada and YW just because it’s a good 4. They aren’t machines. She just had an off day

Enthaar ran a faster time than Shaquero last year (although not as different) and we know how the fillies vs colts battle went

It was not a comment about how good the Gimcrack winner was or could be, I am not stupid enough to declare 2yo's when they rate so low compared to where they have to get to in time. Although I have no doubt Enthaar was a better 1000m pre-christmas horse than Shaquero and had it been a 1000m MM she would have gone there and beat him.

Also I think winner a very nice 2yo but breeders/gimcrack this year was even further below average due to introduction of golden gift and other good 2yo's being held off for that prizemoney.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back