Mega Thread Official 2012 Trade period discussion thread - 8th-26th October

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe, like the rest of you, I don't believe in 'net gains'.

We came into this draft with Picks 3, 4, 13 and 26. I expected them to be used in a way that would really get us some future or current stars.

When we managed to use Pick 26 on Viney, I was stoked.

Than we gave 3 and 13 up for a KPF who will now be 4th in line behind Dawes and Pedersen.

People say 'oh but Hogan was part of the deal for Viney' - that is ILLEGAL.

Any of you following the news about Adelaide, that could conceivably happen to us.

In the end, we've lost our 2011 Bluey winner and runner-up, Jordie Gysberts, Pick 3, Pick 13, whatever late picks we received for the bunch we have.

Byrnes has played 9 games in 2 years, Rodan has had 3 knee recos, Dawes kicked 16 goals in 23 games, Pedersen played 2 games in 2012.

These players should all have come dirt cheap, instead, we're throwing away much of our future to get them to our club under the banner of 'culture'.

******* articulate enough for you?

HTF can the Hogan deal be illegal?...its been signed off by the AFL... getting sick off some of the bullshit on this site.

Livid!!!!

Doesn't Ken Wood have to approve all deals as well as the relevant clubs to ensure clubs aren't being screwed???

Where the f#%k has he been the last few weeks?
(oh wait, he's been in Adelaide sorting the Tippett saga while every club comes & f#%ks our ar$e senseless)

High Flying Flag you're deliberately writing your analysis to make it sound as negative as possible. Here's how I see it

Pick 3 and 13 for Hogan? No, Pick 3 and 13 for Hogan, Barry and pick 20 which became Dawes -pick 49 (Not sure what it is after FA) +63 Overs? Yes, but 49 wasn't going to get us much so I'm a bit "meh" on that one.

27 for viney. Universally regarded as a fantastic pickup.

Gysberts and 63 for Pederson and 74. The exchange of picks is a joke but it's so late once again a 'meh' the player exchange I'm ok with, I'll have to wait and see but it's a vfl player for a vfl player, the difference is Pederson couldn't crack a game as he was surrounded by some really good kpp's whereas Gysberts couldn't crack a game initially because of injury but later because he didn't show a huge amount, though I thought he was unlucky in some respects but in his only game for the year he did SFA. Another skinny midfielder with silky skills curtousey of BP.

Morton for Rodan (the pick was involved but its back so lets just simplify it) Everyone on this board hates Morton and while I would have liked to get a bit more for him I'm ecstatic I'll never have to endure another clanger from him. Though if we're paying part of his salary that's an absolute joke, when you cut ties with a player you cut ties.

So far that's it as far as I know as far as trades are concerned.

Anyone who really has an issue with our trading should go back and watch season 2012 over a lot of you seem to have forgotten how ******* useless we were especially in the forwardline.

So many People are over reacting.

The only real " questionable" trade was gysberts for Pederson, and when I think about it, it was a win win for both clubs.
I never saw any improvement in Gysberts, he is skinny, has poor kicking efficiency and is injury prone.
I also think he lacks in effort, hence why Neeld was not hesitant in letting him go.

Pederson is versatile, and is a good kick, he just lacks in opportunities.

Overall, we did pretty well this trade period, and with the addition of wines.

Just sit back and see how we go, concerning byrnes and rodan, they are employed to toughen up our young ones, who lack effort.

We also need to be bitchslapped for assuming we'd get a good draft pick from the Free Agency sweepstakes, that really shifted the wickets.

Exactly. Although I feel we have tried to do the right thing in getting rid of dead wood and skinny development players, and bringing in hard bodied players, Harrington should have dealt much better this draft. We lose Gysberts for Pederson basically. Arguably that's a loss. Morton(past pick 4) for pick 88, another loss. Paid overs for Dawes(although we were desperate for that type of player). Potentially paid overs for Hogan. Picked up Byrnes as a Free Agent which cost us a better comp pick for losing Rivers and Moloney.

Add to this Jurrah walking out on the club, Rivers and Moloney walking out of the club, receiving nothing for Cook who was pick 12 two years ago! It's not terribly good reading for Harrington. As I've said in other threads, really like what the club is trying to do. But yeah, Harrington should have done much better with what we had. Lots of what ifs though. If Byrnes kicks some goals, Dawes finds form and Hogan becomes a gun forward, we still might end up doing really well out of this trade period. Time will tell...

I think people are seriously overrating the players who've been moved on. Morton and Gysberts were going to be delisted anyway next year. If you want to blame anyone don't blame Harrington, blame Bailey, Prendergast and Cameron (Petterd apparently will be delisted) because they're the one's responsible for assembling the shambolic playing list with all the picks they had..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think people are seriously overrating the players who've been moved on. Morton and Gysberts were going to be delisted anyway next year. If you want to blame anyone don't blame Harrington, blame Bailey, Prendergast and Cameron (Petterd apparently will be delisted) because they're the one's responsible for assembling the shambolic playing list with all the picks they had..
Not the Terd! If only he took that mark. I hope that isn't true. He has got the talent, just had a bad year with injury. Fingers crossed he stays on, but looking at our list, a couple have to go. Bate is surely gone if Petterd is gone.

Could always be worse. We could be Adelaide.

They are damn lucky they have such a good list that can hold the fort despite any repercussions. Carlton didn't have that courtesy.

Sigh. 53 & 73 helps us how exactly?? So I suppose its 49 & 53 for Ray and 77??

Good lord.
They'll add to our "war chest" of late draft picks.

This last minute fire sale approach is ridiculous. We've had 3 weeks to put together a better trading strategy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back