Official 2019/20 Bundesliga/DFB Pokal Thread

Which Team will you be supporting this season?

• FC Augsburg

• Bayer Leverkusen

• Bayern Munich

• Borussia Dortmund

• Borussia Mönchengladbach

• Eintracht Frankfurt

• Fortuna Düsseldorf

• SC Freiburg

• Hertha BSC

• TSG 1899 Hoffenheim

• 1. FC Koln

• RB Leipzig

• 1. FSV Mainz 05

• SC Paderborn 07

• Schalke 04

• Union Berlin

• Werder Bremen

• VfL Wolfsburg

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

perthblue

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 10, 2011
Weitering
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Bayern München
Borussia take top of the table! 16 points
Wolfsburg second. 15 points
Bayern, Freiburg, Leipzig, Schalke, Leverkusen next, each on 14 points.
Dortmund 12 points.

most competitive league in yoorop

wadistance

Premiership Player
Sep 17, 2011
Hamburg, DE
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
BvB, Boston Celtics
Gee, what a Saturday of action.

Union Berlin 2:0 Freiburg
Augsburg 2:2 Bayern
Werder 1:1 Hertha
Leipzig 1:1 Wolfsburg
Fortuna 1:0 Mainz
Dortmund 1:0 Gladbach

and an ACL injury to Sule - which has massive ramifications for both Bayern and Germany.

So now, the top 9 looks something like this...with a Schalke win to put them clear top, and a draw to have 6 teams within 1 point.

Most competitive league in the world

Attachments

(Log in to remove this ad.)

go you pups

Hall of Famer
Jun 27, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, SSC Napoli, ESH
Got a feeling this one's gunna end in tears for Schalke

Heaps of chances first half, played with heaps of emotion and their home crowd are right into it too, but feel they lack a bit of composure, young side too

Feel Dortmund's experience will get them a late winner

go you pups

Hall of Famer
Jun 27, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Schalke extremely unlucky not to get a handball VAR decision earlier in second half

They've been given all season in Serie A and one or two in the A League, surprised that wasn't

Great8

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 19, 2015
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Manchester United, Juventus,
Frankfurt destroyed Bayern 5-1 after being reduced to 10 men inside the opening 10 minutes

wadistance

Premiership Player
Sep 17, 2011
Hamburg, DE
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
BvB, Boston Celtics
Well that's one way to break a winless run. Leipzig with an 8-0 drubbing of Mainz.
And that’s after a 6-1 win against Wolfsburg in the cup midweek. Nagelsmann really is an elite trainer

It’s been a weird season. We’ve played poorly for a good portion of it, but sit second. Gladbach have been the best team, but lost to us twice in three weeks. Bayern haven’t been great, but still in the hunting zone

I have no clue who will win the title this year and I love it. I’d be gutted if it wasn’t us, but I’d also be fairly happy for anyone else (except Leipzig) to take it also

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

perthblue

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 10, 2011
Weitering
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Bayern München
I was a supporter of Kovac up until this past week when some of the comments he made in the media made it look like he was on a kamikaze mission to get himself sacked, even before the 5-1 loss.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

go you pups

Hall of Famer
Jun 27, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Wowee great win by Leverkusen at the Allianz

Leon Bailey on the counter, dynamite

ioppolo

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 3, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Chelsea, OKC Thunder, Scorchers
How good would it be if Arminia Bielefeld were automatically promoted!?

wadistance

Premiership Player
Sep 17, 2011
Hamburg, DE
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
BvB, Boston Celtics
How good would it be if Arminia Bielefeld were automatically promoted!?
Really good - especially since it'll be to the loss of Paderborn or Köln... need to keep NRW heavily represented!

It's been a really interesting few rounds to be honest. Cant remember the last time Bayern lost twice in two weeks, and that we were above Bayern on the table but not in first place.

Also great to see Eisern (Union) Berlin playing well and most probably doing enough to stay up.

Apologies to all for the lack of work on this thread BTW - trying to juggle parenthood for the second time is taking most of my forum time away from me :(

ioppolo

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 3, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Chelsea, OKC Thunder, Scorchers
Really good - especially since it'll be to the loss of Paderborn or Köln... need to keep NRW heavily represented!

It's been a really interesting few rounds to be honest. Cant remember the last time Bayern lost twice in two weeks, and that we were above Bayern on the table but not in first place.

Also great to see Eisern (Union) Berlin playing well and most probably doing enough to stay up.

Apologies to all for the lack of work on this thread BTW - trying to juggle parenthood for the second time is taking most of my forum time away from me :(
Putting your child ahead of bigfooty - poor form

go you pups

Hall of Famer
Jun 27, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Just watched Gladbach/Bayern. That was a classic example of a momentum swing between both halves. Cracking match (particularly after half time) and a great win for Die Fohlen.
Yeah I watched that (I guess I have a soft spot for Gladbach if it were to be any German side)

Bayern dominated the first 60 minutes, yet couldn't pull away, Gladbach got their equaliser at the right time, then got their tails up

wadistance

Premiership Player
Sep 17, 2011
Hamburg, DE
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
BvB, Boston Celtics
Jesus Christ the DFL has some answering to do after yesterday.

One clear penalty and two probable ones not given to BVB, whilst after showing 2 mins of extra time in the first half, the ref managed to find an extra 6 minutes for Bayern to oil the score back to 2-1.

Reus Said in the post game presser, that the ref said he thought it was a handball but VAR said not to give it. You be the judge.

They’re not even trying to hide it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom