Official Trade Period Discussion 2012 Thread (#3)

Remove this Banner Ad

North get Ben Jacobs
Brisbane get Stefan Martin
Melbourne get Cameron Pedersen
& Port get pick 33

4 way deal - rumour. Thoughts?

For who? and why?
Talking about Farren Ray and possible trade to Melbourne.
I dont usually do predictions

But im predicting the following -

Brisbane to send pick 33 to Melbourne for Stefan Martin

Melbourne will then on trade that pick 33 to the Saints for Farren Ray

Melbourne send pick 49 to North for Cam Pedersen

North get Ben Jacobs
& Port get pick 33

There has to be more picks involved than just 33, that is just a weird trade.

North get Ben Jacobs
& Port get pick 33

Jacobs is worth a lot more than Pederson.

What about Brisbane pay 33 for Martin.

Melbourne pay 49 for Pederson.

Port give north 31, 32 and jacobs. in return they get 15 and 39.
well this suggestion is probably ridiculous. the others are probably what i see as reasonable though.

33 for Martin, is paying over's for a player that can't get a game at Melbourne. What makes you think he'll get one at Brisbane, I really can't see why Brisbane are casing him if in fact they are. We already have Leuey, Longer and Hudson on our list Martin is only worth a third rounder at best 53 would get the deal done paying any thing above that would be silly.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Brisbane pick 33 to Melbourne for Stefan Martin and 49 maybe.....

North get Ben Jacobs
& Port get pick 33

if 33 was the final offer come end of trade week i would happily endorse port sending jacobs to the drafts. a fourth ( for us ) and last second rounder isnt a big price to pay for making a stand.

i doubt that would be the best offer we could get for jacobs.

33 for Martin, is paying over's for a player that can't get a game at Melbourne. What makes you think he'll get one at Brisbane, I really can't see why Brisbane are casing him if in fact they are. We already have Leuey, Longer and Hudson on our list Martin is only worth a third rounder at best 53 would get the deal done paying any thing above that would be silly.

Can't get a game at Melbourne? The guy was injured and played when fit. If you think 53 would get it done, you're dreaming.

crazy rumour i heard today - port are looking at trading pick 7 for chris Yarren!!
Could it possibly be true? As a Port fan - like it

crazy rumour i heard today - port are looking at trading pick 7 for chris Yarren!!
Could it possibly be true? As a Port fan - like it

As a Carlton fan I can tell you the following:

He's contracted

He's worth more to us than your first rounder

It's Yarran

The rumour is indeed crazy

Can't get a game at Melbourne? The guy was injured and played when fit. If you think 53 would get it done, you're dreaming.
I can't see where he would fit into our team, with Leuey, our first ruck and Hudson, or Longer, as our second ruckman. Maybe you should try to do a deal with Gold Coast for their pick 26 as they need the ruckman more then we do

We got pick 31 or something for Ray, what, 4, 5 years ago? He's not worth the same amount now. Somewhere in the 40's would be the most you'd give up for him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back