Recommitted Ollie Wines [re-signed]

Remove this Banner Ad

These threads are such a waste of time Unless one of you is Ollie Wines, nobody on here has any idea whether he’s going or staying. I’m prepared to back Port’s player retention record so I’m not too worried about it, but making definitive statements either way is pointless.

These threads are such a waste of time Unless one of you is Ollie Wines, nobody on here has any idea whether he’s going or staying. I’m prepared to back Port’s player retention record so I’m not too worried about it, but making definitive statements either way is pointless.
Agree no one knows what Wines - or any player - is thinking while enetring their last year of their contract.

These threads are to debate worth and who would need the player - if they were to seek a trade at years end.

Is just looking to boost his value immensely and get a massive contract, can't see him leaving Port. Very good player but he'll be looking to launch himself into a top 10 mid in the comp and a contract reflecting that.

im sure Essendon tried to get Ollie Wines during the Paddy Ryder exchange an Port wouldnt let go of Wines, i wouldnt be surprised if Essendon had another Crack at him, he was Born in Echuca, an played for Bendigo Pioneers, so he might wanna come home

im sure Essendon tried to get Ollie Wines during the Paddy Ryder exchange an Port wouldnt let go of Wines, i wouldnt be surprised if Essendon had another Crack at him, he was Born in Echuca, an played for Bendigo Pioneers, so he might wanna come home

Is the AFL expanding to Echuca next season?

Port have lowballed him early on in negotiations (key word being: early on).

So to retaliate - his management have gone via the media, it’s a dance that happens in nearly all contract negotiations.

He’ll stay at Port.
i hope we offer him big money to bump his price up

time to unleash parts of our war chest to destroy more teams salary caps

i hope we offer him big money to bump his price up

time to unleash parts of our war chest to destroy more teams salary caps
Thats pretty sad if thats the only purpose north melbourne have in the afl these days, Just need to remember that with an extended time low on the ladder your younger players will be looking for some success and clubs will come calling for them - List managers and teams have long memories and your younger players will not be safe when they hit 25/26 and are free agents

Thats pretty sad if thats the only purpose north melbourne have in the afl these days, Just need to remember that with an extended time low on the ladder your younger players will be looking for some success and clubs will come calling for them - List managers and teams have long memories and your younger players will not be safe when they hit 25/26 and are free agents
only purpose? one of many
first we blow caps up then we poach when teams cant match

(Log in to remove this ad.)

get ready, sloane too, pony up cash to keep your players
It's going to take more than just money though, plenty of clubs will be throwing around big money at players and a lot of them are in better on field positions than North Melbourne.

It's going to take more than just money though, plenty of clubs will be throwing around big money at players and a lot of them are in better on field positions than North Melbourne.
Like I said it may, but clubs best be prepared to pony up cash to at least get close to what we offer.

And there will be clubs not willing to do so which will cost them players now or in the future. We have nothing to lose with the amount of cash we have compared to other clubs caps

There are certain Victorian clubs who I could see having some appeal for Ollie, but I reckon he’d rather re-sign for a half price schnitzel voucher at the Port Club than go to North Melbourne.

There are certain Victorian clubs who I could see having some appeal for Ollie, but I reckon he’d rather re-sign for a half price schnitzel voucher at the Port Club than go to North Melbourne.
https://sportsdayradio.com.au/2018/02/22/pittard-no-one-port-adelaide-worried-ollie-wines/
Pittard: No one at Port Adelaide worried about Ollie Wines.
Jasper not worried about Ollie .. he is not leaving Port..
“No one’s really too worried about what Ollie is going to be doing in the future because we know he is super happy here and obviously one of our best players.
“And he doesn’t show anything but that.”

Remove this Banner Ad

Back