O'Meara - who wants him?

Would you take O'Meara in the draft/PSD even though he's nominated Hawthorn?

• Yes

Votes: 136 69.4%
  • No

Votes: 60 30.6%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

A glowing endorsement for "equalisation".
The trades were fair, hawks just have a history getting the most out of players, ie Gibson, Burgoyne, Hale etc. Absolutely nothing to do with equalisation not sure how you got there.

He had a ruptured patella tendon. A ligament that attaches the kneecap to the shinbone. Nothing to do with cartridge in the knee which what bone on bone refers to.

Also Steroid injections as in cortisone are allowed.

My word is it's not the ruptured patella tendon that is the ongoing issue but the infection in the knee post op and work done to fix that, that is the issue long term.

It will be to a team on the up... Saints blues or pies.. Saints, blues and dees are the best bet, as they can trade picks and players.. Hawks could be a maybe, but likely starting to decline and piea dont have the pics, but could still get him if they trade a quality player. I dont reckon North will get gim, as they are about to rebuild..

Won't be the pies. We have invested heavily in our midfield and will ba adding daicos and brown via father son and getting Thomas back from suspension. We've added greenwood aish treloar and Adams via trade to our existing stock as well as drafted the likes of de goey smith Crocker and Phillips.

We'll be trading players out for picks this year and won't trade many if any players in. Certainly not any big money players.

Brisbane won three flags and then stuffed it up by poor management and nothing else.

Stop sooking I bet you weren't back then
Poor management? Yes. Nothing else? Jog on. Too stupid and simple to be worth time to anyone.

GC are sh*t because of who they are - not where they are. GWS seem to be going just fine.
Treloar, McCarthy, Boyd, Adams. I could include the fringe guys who sought opportunities elsewhere, but they don't count. Who will it be this year for GWS? The problem exists. Success does help mitigate it though. You can't rely on that purely though.

Poor management? Yes. Nothing else? Jog on. Too stupid and simple to be worth time to anyone.

Haha then what was it???

You backended so many contrasts you didn't have any money to bring new blokes in or keep kids.

You won 3 flags in a row and now haven't got 50 cents so I'm pretty sure I'm not the stupid one the Brisbane management are.

How did the Fev revolution work for you? That wasn't bad management? Lol

But keep blaming everyone else it amuses me to see the tripe you come up with.

Jog on mate jog on :)

GC president just confirmed on 3AW that there is a club that JOM wants to go to and insinuated he's been talking to them for some time.

Both Hawks and Carlton are known to have been talking with him this year - here's hoping it's the Hawks.
It's the Hawks. You heard it here first.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Treloar, McCarthy, Boyd, Adams. I could include the fringe guys who sought opportunities elsewhere, but they don't count. Who will it be this year for GWS? The problem exists. Success does help mitigate it though. You can't rely on that purely though.

Those guys left GWS because they were capable of pulling the money elsewhere - that only happened because of the sheer amount of draft picks they got. I'm not saying there aren't challenges in a non football state when most of your players are from elsewhere, but it isn't the only reason things go bad.

Collingwood did not give two first rounders for Treloar. It was a first rounder and a trade down from first to second. Massive difference.

And Treloar had played 80 games for GWS.

O'Meara has played 44 games and none in the past two seasons. These players are not remotely comparable except that they happen to have been drafted by foundation clubs.

He may be worth a first round pick for a club ballsy/stupid enough to take a punt, if they have need.

I can only deal in facts Timmy. Collingwood gave up it's first round pick in 2015 and 2016 and got back pick 28 from GWS. Two first round picks were given up with 28 in return.

My post was not a knock on Treloar. Will be a Pies gun for many years and likely to be a Copeland Trophy winner in his first year.

JOM if he can stay on the park will be something special. IF he can stay on the park.

Absoulutely 100% it's Hawthorn.

Has been talking to them for months.

Will be living in the Yarra ranges, approx 20 min drive to Waverley.
The reason Hawthorn pushed for trading of future draft picks in 2015.

If he gets to Hawthorn them the competition really does need to have a good look at itself. The amount off battling clubs that have blokes jump ship to top clubs is a disgrace
Hang on a minute.

If Hawthorn are willing to take the risk and execute a fair trade with the Suns.....you're suggesting this should be stopped?

He can come to the Swans if he'll sign for minimum wage plus match payments. And that would be a generous offer.

We have Heeney and Mills.
But Sydney will have salary cap room once Titch goes to the Hawks?
Conversely, Hawks have heaps of salary cap room to get both Titch and JOM.

Last edited:
Hang on a minute.

If Hawthorn are willing to take the risk and execute a fair trade with the Suns.....you're suggesting this should be stopped?

The number of blokes who have walked out on their clubs to join clubs at the pointy end is a concern. Is it Hawthorns fault...no it's not but I think it's a concern

Quality attracts quality. Money also attracts quality but the problem is that struggling clubs have to pay their spuds just as much as quality clubs pay their premiership heroes and so they don't really have any extra money to spend.

Glibness aside, I think the solution comes from lowering the salary cap floor.

Back