No Oppo Supporters OPPOSITION OBSERVATION XXXIX

Remove this Banner Ad

I read this morning the AFL is saying there is nothing wrong with how the game is being umpired and its all the coaches fault. LMAO

1716795086331.png

Last edited:
I read this morning the AFL is saying there is nothing wrong with how the game is being umpired and its all the coaches fault. LMAO
Bit of a yawning gulf...massive disconnect..occurring between the AFL...Clubs...Umpires...
Time for a clearing of the air committee meet!

I just can't get my head around why the umps have clearly been instructed to minimise the paying of holding the ball.
Just makes no sense. Pay it more often and the games moves more quickly, it's a better spectacle and less stoppages.

It defies logic - but I suppose the nongs at AFL house are experts at defying logic

I just can't get my head around why the umps have clearly been instructed to minimise the paying of holding the ball.
Just makes no sense. Pay it more often and the games moves more quickly, it's a better spectacle and less stoppages.

It defies logic - but I suppose the nongs at AFL house are experts at defying logic

AFL believes that a free kick stops play and slows the game down. They are looking at it all wrong, a free kick although stops play causes the field to spread out and less congestion. It makes no sense to me why they can't see that.

Easiest way to fix the game is get rid of prior opportunity and make HTB simple: if you don't Handball or Kick the footy, it's a free kick. If you drop it straight after being tackled, it's a free kick. If it's knocked out in a tackle, it's a free kick. A harsh rule but it applys to every team, so teams should train to better dispose of the ball in those situations.

Sure there might be 50+ free kicks each game but at least the rule is no longer up to shitty umpire interpretation, and it will reduce stoppages and make teams spread out more knowing that they could get a free kick at any moment instead of setting up for repeat stoppages.

Easiest way to fix the game is get rid of prior opportunity and make HTB simple: if you don't Handball or Kick the footy, it's a free kick. If you drop it straight after being tackled, it's a free kick. If it's knocked out in a tackle, it's a free kick. A harsh rule but it applys to every team, so teams should train to better dispose of the ball in those situations.

Sure there might be 50+ free kicks each game but at least the rule is no longer up to shitty umpire interpretation, and it will reduce stoppages and make teams spread out more knowing that they could get a free kick at any moment instead of setting up for repeat stoppages.
thats how it was until there was a couple of GF's that were umpired like it is now and everyone got a boner.
Its simple really.

AFL believes that a free kick stops play and slows the game down. They are looking at it all wrong, a free kick although stops play causes the field to spread out and less congestion. It makes no sense to me why they can't see that.
what really halts play are ball-ups. for sometime their modus operadi has been to give the player going for the ball priority. that's fine, but it has gone to ridiculous lengths where they rarely reward legit tackles.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

But I bet Weakley isn't still saying "This is the best season ever!"
Jim Henson Netflix GIF by The Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance

Far out, I don't mind seeing the Hawks rebound, gives us hope. But the saints look bloody terrible. List profile aiming for a flag but 3rd from bottom!

And the worst news? Saints have nobody on their injury list. I’d be so depressed if I was a Sainter, as they thought Ross the Boss, Lenny, Goddard and friends were going to save their club.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Far out, I don't mind seeing the Hawks rebound, gives us hope. But the saints look bloody terrible. List profile aiming for a flag but 3rd from bottom!
Yeah everyone says don't cut deep look at Norf but Hawks did it a couple of years back and rebounded fine. Norf just picked duds.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back