Opposition Players Who Make You Anxious

Remove this Banner Ad

I guess Mundy caused Tiges a few shaky tea cups a few years back.

Tom Hawkins usually scares me when the ball is kicked in his area.

I always fear we are about to be scored against whenever Liam Ryan and Charlie Cameron go near it

I always fear we are about to be scored against whenever Liam Ryan and Charlie Cameron go near it
Yes. The fleet of foot small forwards are a nightmare. It also doesn't help that Cameron and Ryan can take screamers and kick goals out their proverbials.

Last edited:

Jordan Lewis in the leadup to finals. I always wondered why our boys never took out Martin we'd at least have 1 flag. I guess they never received the Derm speech.

Not so much anxious but definitely annoying are,Hawkins,pushes blokes flat in the back in packs everytime.hes a sniper,grub.the other one is Selwood
goes for the head,ducks,dives,what else needs to be said.
Of course not since GAblett snr.retired have i been anxious twd an oppo player coming up against our mob
I agree. I've noticed Hawkins often gets away with pushing in the back. You'd think the umpires would be on to it by now.

Not recent but Shaun Burgoyne always used to tear the Swans a new one, as did Héritier Lumumba.

or any carlton player against freo who has the ball the ball near goals in the last 30 seconds of a game :)

This is unfortunately very true. In the last couple of games between the two sides I thought that Freo should have at least won one of them.
I dunno why but recently Freo have just shat the bed playing against the Blues.

Charlie Cameron, Betts (crows variety) and Josh Kennedy

Probably Betts. Charlie Cameron can beat us on his own sometimes too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Toby Greene - it's always dangerous when it's inside 50 and he's around

Tom Hawkins - always a threat and he has got a hold of us a few times

Izak Rankine - only one game, but it was his debut, and everything he touched against us turned to gold

Also Sam Frost, but only when he was playing for us. Still love Frosty though.

Tim O'Brien - not even kidding.

Chad Wingard
Liam Ryan
Anthony McDonald-Tipungwuti

Dustin Martin. Love watching him in neutral games, but scares the s**t out of me when we play Richmond. Phenomenal player.

Buddy Franklin. Not as a great as he once was, but on his day he ripped us apart several times.

Past players:

Plugger
Carey
Nick Riewoldt
Richo
Gary Ablett (Snr and Jnr)
Jason Dunstall
Darren Jarman
Andrew McLeod
Matthew Lloyd

All of the above mentioned forwards regularly dined out on us when they were players.

Jarman and McLeod, both absolutely brilliant players, tore us to shreds in those finals in the 90’s.

Charlie Cameron. We rarely seem to have an answer for him.
At least he’s a good player. We have a thing for letting spuds get their 5 minutes of fame.

Darren Minchington is the best example. The absolute potato of a small forward only had 5 games with 2 goals or more. The 3 of those where he had 3 were all against us.

Cody Weightman. There is no low he won’t stoop to to earn a kick.

Max gawn - only because hawthorn players love playing kick-to-kick with the giant sasquatch

Tom Hawkins, and JJ Kennedy.

Can be quiet for most of a game and then a few half chances, bang bang bang - 2-3 goals in a hurry. Precise kicks.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back