Oppo Camp Other Games Rolling Thread 2024 Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Turn it on and the first stoppage I see, the player gets up and just drops the ball to the ground instead of giving it back to the umpire, nothing to see here!
Unbelievable!!

Apparently you're allowed to drop it on the ground but not hand it to a teammate. Make that make sense.

Free kick Gold Coast, umpire blows whistle 3 times, Owies kicks ball away for goal and no 50m penalty.

I’m sorry everybody but because of last night all I see now is stupid umpire decisions I need to call out. 😂

Free kick Gold Coast, umpire blows whistle 3 times, Owies kicks ball away for goal and no 50m penalty.

I’m sorry everybody but because of last night all I see now is stupid umpire decisions I need to call out. 😂
They pick and choose on a whim. They do the same with manning the mark. Sometimes they'll give the players three warnings and other times they just ping them like they did to us in the GF or to Ginni in that final against Sydney.

But it's supposed to be for time wasting so why isn't dropping it on the ground time wasting?

According to the rules, a player can leave the ball on the ground or give it to the ump but not pass it to a teammate.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It actually doesn’t, that’s for boundary throw ins only (oddly enough).

The AFL has clarified it came under time wasting…which is insane.

Page 56 of the AFL rules: Laws of the game 2022

Rule 18.3 (Other)

A field Umpire shall award a Free Kick against a Player who:

(a) Throws the football;
(b) hands the football to another Player;

It might have been technically correct, but... If you read through most of the free kick rules, a lot of them allow for umpire discretion or as they call it “In the Spirit of the game”.

This was not in the spirit of the game.

Period.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back