Opinion Other teams you may like to watch

Remove this Banner Ad

Alabama in college Football is my other team the season is about to start as far as other AFL Teams none its Port or No one

My team to win the flag this year is Brisbane. Not because of their list, but because of their coach, you have to give lots of credit to Chris Fagan and the work he has done with Brisbane, and let's be honest, even if they don't win the premiership this year, going from 15th to 2nd in the span of a year is huge. Not to mention, if we're talking about supporter bases, I'd say their supporter base deserves a premiership the most out of the eight finals teams.

If we aren’t in it, it’s least worst always for me. I hate Geelong for obvious reasons. Bulldogs after their umpires flag I can’t support. Collingwood for Eddie blocking the PB’s is out. Essendon have never shown any contrition for drug cheating so they are nixed. West Coast is a franchise and umpired to 2-3 undeserved home wins a year. The concept of Giants to grow the game is fine, but I don’t want them winning a flag until their list isn’t built on concessions no one else had.

So down to Tigers or Brisbane. I think Brisbane, because a win for them will show our next coach that an attacking gameplan and playing kids doesn’t mean you can’t have success fairly quickly.

David Teague's Carlton was also enjoyable to watch this year. Never seemed to give up on persisting the game even when it seemed lost, and it was about time that Carlton stopped looking up to Cripps to solve every problem they had. Even when they said they didn't want o sign him on, he kept at it to persuade the board over. I guess in 2020 we'll see how many petrol tickets he spent.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure how anyone who isn't a wet toast supporter could support them, or any west Australian team in any sport, their barrackers are the worst and most parochial dickheads in the entire country, even worse than the fruit tingle boof heads, and I didn't think that was possible.

Think of how arrogant and entitled your average Crows fan is, and then think about how even more arrogant and entitled they would be if they'd actually had some success. That's a West Coast fan.

Not sure how anyone who isn't a wet toast supporter could support them, or any west Australian team in any sport, their barrackers are the worst and most parochial dickheads in the entire country, even worse than the fruit tingle boof heads, and I didn't think that was possible.

Yeah hate the team, but I can enjoy some of their individual efforts.

Matera was awesome to watch regardless of who you support.

What other WA sporting teams exhibit this trait? It's a uniquely West Coast Eagles thing.

By and large, West Australians actually have an inferiority complex and don't think they're much good. The success of the West Coast Eagles franchise is the one thing that turns that on its head and turns people into raging parochial lunatics.

What other WA sporting teams exhibit this trait? It's a uniquely West Coast Eagles thing.

By and large, West Australians actually have an inferiority complex and don't think they're much good. The success of the West Coast Eagles franchise is the one thing that turns that on its head and turns people into raging parochial lunatics.

I’m hoping they finally make good on their eternal threats to secede, so they can beat Australia to be inaugural world champions of the game and go straight into the great quirks of sport trivia pantheon.

A8C4AE6F-4E9B-481B-8167-E390F44FF2A6.jpeg

I agree re the inferiority complex, but the WA basketball fans ( probably a mix of the same people ) can be just as bad Theo, and their cricket supporters at shield games ( back when that comp used to get crowds ) weren't too flash either.

I know I have mentioned this before but there was one West Aussie who used to comment on the cricket and he was an absolute Barry Crocker.
When shield games were televised nationally for a few years in the early 70's his parochialism was way over the top, he would slag off players from other states with comments like `wouldn't even be considered for a game here!'
He was so bad during a game between WA and NSW when he was rubbishing blue's fast bowler Steve Bernard virtually non stop that a large number of viewers from the other states rang in and complained, resulting in him having to give an on air apology.

I can't recall the bloke's name but I reckon old mate Grave Danger knows who he was.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back