Opinion Our 2019 guernsey (150th anniversary)

Remove this Banner Ad

Last game my partner and I ever attended together after the Collingwood scarf was put out the window on the way home (and its owner nearly went out the speeding car after it).
It was a horrible game. I remember in a somewhat bizarre choice they wore black shorts and socks which looked terrible with the jumper (anything would have) and were the same as the Pies.

170517_Jumper2.jpg

Pissed away a spot in the 2003 finals on this day losing to Freo by a point. My old North scarf went flying over the edge of the second level of the Southern Stand as I yelled a torrent of abuse as the siren went. As I'd had that scarf for nearly 20 years to that point (including being worn at 2 premierships) I thought I'd go find it. Luckily I did after a short search and I still have that scarf today. Unfortunately Mrs Marstermind was so embarrassed by me she swore she'd never go to the footy with me again (she has, but not much)

NMFC-header.png

What they'll want:
The Roos are committed to turning their Good Friday clash into a successful annual event despite a disappointing crowd for this year's contest against St Kilda, after facing the Western Bulldogs in 2017. They have already announced a fourth match in Hobart for next year and are keen to continue promoting multiculturalism with the 'Harmony Game', started with the Dogs in June.

There are no specific plans at this stage for fixture-related celebrations in accordance with North's 150th anniversary.

Tasmania gets another game, and the multicultural bullshit gets a run so the resident political self promoters can get some exposure, but something as common as the 150th anniversary doesn't even get mentioned.

Tasmania gets another game, and the multicultural bullshit gets a run so the resident political self promoters can get some exposure, but something as common as the 150th anniversary doesn't even get mentioned.
I don't agree with you much on this kind of discussion, but it's ******* ludicrous that celebrating the 150th of one of the oldest clubs anywhere isn't the highest priority for the club and a high priority for the league.

Is this legit?
Are we not commemorating our 150th anniversary at all?

What is the club doing? It’s s**t like this that spits in the face of anyone who has been associated with our great club from years gone by.

We should be ******* proud and vocal about our being around since 1869 ffs

Is this legit?
Are we not commemorating our 150th anniversary at all?

What is the club doing? It’s s**t like this that spits in the face of anyone who has been associated with our great club from years gone by.

We should be ******* proud and vocal about our being around since 1869 ffs

Our 150 year history overwhelmingly consists of the deeds of white men, so they probably think it's not worth promoting.

There are no specific plans at this stage for fixture-related celebrations in accordance with North's 150th anniversary.

Take a bloody chill pill and read it again, the key words being “at this stage”.

S*** takes time lock in, your jumping at shadows. I get the angst about the Tassie stuff but this place is at crazy level 10 right now.

Take a bloody chill pill and read it again, the key words being “at this stage”.

S*** takes time lock in, your jumping at shadows. I get the angst about the Tassie stuff but this place is at crazy level 10 right now.

It should have been the first ******* thing locked in!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I suspect we will asses the fuxture and base something around the best home game we have.

The Scum would have been a great fixture given the history.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

The first club we played that are the remaining clubs of the AFL is open for debate, however it is probably one of Melbourne, Carlton or StKilda in 1874.

Otherwise, the 150th anniversary match should probably be held in a home game against Geelong (1st VFL opponent in 1925)

Last edited:
Back to the jumper that has success written all over it (kangaroo)
Best ever alternate jumper.
It's probably ten years too soon to call it retro

I was hoping they'd never recall it during our s**t era.

Maybe the timing is impeccable

Just got these from the Jumpers Thread. I went on the AFL Store to make sure. Interesting decisions.

View attachment 583551 View attachment 583550

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

I love the 90's jumper but it just seems like not much thought went into it.

These are Giantroo's images of the 2016 20th year special edition one we had. The one positive is we will be playing in it every second week which is fantastic.

upload_2018-11-12_7-25-38.png

Surely, in our 150th year, we're not ditching the guernsey we've played the majority of those years in?
I'll be heavily disappointed in the club if it gets mothballed more than it already is.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back