Prediction Our Best 22 for 2016 Finals series

Remove this Banner Ad

Dmac needs to go at a minimum.
He is unable to deal with any pressure while disposing of the football. Will be shown up time after time under the pressure of finals.
flk%2Bcc%2BEmilio%2BLabrador%2Bhorse%2Bwith%2Bhuge%2Bblinkers%2Bblinders%2Bbridle%2Bx500.jpg

The Mackay vs Milera will be an interesting debate. There is no doubt that Milera is going to be a gun for us in the future. Mackay has played like a guy who knew he needed to change. He is playing in an inside and outside role....which means he does offer us options.

The only way I would put Milera ahead of Mackay is if he had a lot more afl game leading up into finals. If I was to make a claim right this minute.....no Milera.

Moving to the third M.....Menzel. How can a guy who has not even played a senior game for us all year even be considered playing finals? Again different story if he starts to get a game and can prove he can handle the pressure.....

Finals pressure is so much greater than normal footy. I do question people's desire to play a person because they want them in vs playing them because they need them in.

Our best team is the current team with Seeds in and probably Lyons out.

Totally agree, I wouldn't have picked Mackay in a fit at the start of the year, but I'm honest enough to say he deserves his spot ATM, however 2 or 3 bad weeks and you bring in a player performing in the two's. As with McGovern his spot is Menzels position. Pressure is on to keep performing and retain your spot. That will make us a stronger team than putting players in because of potential.

Have woken to a bit of a fog this morning (the last bottle of red should of remained in the cupboard), for a moment I thought I had stumbled onto the Club Teal board. This thread screams "getting ahead of ourselves".

Let's get 13/14 wins on the board before we start talking finals.

Moving to the third M.....Menzel. How can a guy who has not even played a senior game for us all year even be considered playing finals? Again different story if he starts to get a game and can prove he can handle the pressure......
I think its more about getting depth. I don't mind the calls for a Menzel or a Wigg getting games to see what they can do , so there is a platform to include them

But I can see Milera , Mackay , Van Berlo ( yes I said it) and Henderson are currently the only players added to the squad for depth

Brown - Hartigan - Lever
Laird - Talia - Cheney
Seed - B Crouch - Smith
Cameron - Walker - Mcgovern
Lynch - Jenkins - Betts
Foll - Jacobs, M Crouch, Sloane
I/C - Atkins, Lyons, Thompson, Douglas

Depth - Mackay , Milera , Henderson , Van Berlo

This is what I see as the Finals Squad

B: Brown - Talia - Lever
HB: Laird - Hartigan - Smith
C: Atkins - M.Crouch - Seedsman
HF: Douglas - Walker - Lynch
F: Betts - Jenkins - Cameron
R: Jacobs - Sloane - B.Crouch
Int: Thompson - McGovern - Lyons - Cheney

Players in bold are under the most pressure but noones spot is guaranteed.

Seedsman - Mackay, Henderson, Hampton and Wigg
McGovern and Douglas - Menzel, Milera and Knight
Lyons and B.Crouch - CEY and Grigg
Cheney - Doedee and Otten

We have a plethora of outside depth but probably need some more inside players, Kerridge would be very handy even if it meant no Menzel.

Have woken to a bit of a fog this morning (the last bottle of red should of remained in the cupboard), for a moment I thought I had stumbled onto the Club Teal board. This thread screams "getting ahead of ourselves".

Let's get 13/14 wins on the board before we start talking finals.
It is not like we are the playing group and if we get ahead of ourselves we might slip up. We are the supporters putting forward our best team for the finals. By your reckoning we shouldn't discuss anything that requires looking into the future. Heck team changes are out of bounds because we might have 22 acl's at training on monday

With the torrid year Knight has had I really don't see him coming in -the poor kid has barely played SANFL this year.
Menzel needs to keep building and the crazy draw of the SANFL and injury isn't helping but he needs to put his case forward -and I feel after Pyke's comments here and there he is in the mix.
It would be great for Doddee to debut but I don't see him playing other than a couple of "tasters" in 2016.
If B Crouch can now have a real crack at it {and signs} he will be invaluable late.

All of this can change in the blink of an eye with injury so hopefully we keep on keeping on.

It is not like we are the playing group and if we get ahead of ourselves we might slip up. We are the supporters putting forward our best team for the finals. By your reckoning we shouldn't discuss anything that requires looking into the future. Heck team changes are out of bounds because we might have 22 acl's at training on monday

Ummmm..team changes are fine, we have qualified to play in round 15.

Over the years I have learnt not to get ahead of myself regarding the AFC, just celebrate/commiserate what each week brings. (see 2006)

Knock yourselves out though, I voiced an opinion that's all and wouldn't of been back had you not quoted me.

Brown Hartigan Lever
Smith Talia Laird
Atkins Thompson Seedsman
Lynch Walker Cameron
Betts Jenkins McGovern
Jacobs M.Crouch Sloane
B.Crouch Douglas Cheney...

Between Mackay, Lyons, Milera, Henderson and maybe Menzel for that last spot. Lyons has it so long as he improves on Thursdays game.

Douglas is 100% in the side, we are a much better team when he is in form.

His recent form has been patchy but his experience will be valuable

Think we are all hoping that Menzel can be fit and in form enough to be a late season, high impact recruit when we need it most

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Douglas plays. He has had a bit of a form slump but he is a solid body, good skills and experience.

I will not have him pegged in the same group as Mackay, Hendo and VB. Douggie deserves more respect than that!
Caught some of Douglas' interview yesterday where he admitted his form has not been as he would have liked but felt his game was better on Thursday.

Still an important player to our side, particularly with our lack of experience.

I wonder what the split is on the board between pro-Mackay and anti-Mackay, numbers wise

Could rival Brexit
Think you'd have to break that poll up ......home & away games versus finals game .....suspect there would be a big downturn in the pro-Mackay vote for finals

Caught some of Douglas' interview yesterday where he admitted his form has not been as he would have liked but felt his game was better on Thursday.

Still an important player to our side, particularly with our lack of experience.
Like players that have a realistic self assessment ......although coaches are normally blunt with players in that respect too

Yes i thought Douglas moved the best he has for a month .......might have been carrying slight niggles that the bye corrected .......he looked quicker and sharper on Thursday

Fa
Ummmm..team changes are fine, we have qualified to play in round 15.

Over the years I have learnt not to get ahead of myself regarding the AFC, just celebrate/commiserate what each week brings. (see 2006)

Knock yourselves out though, I voiced an opinion that's all and wouldn't of been back had you not quoted me.
Fair call

Like players that have a realistic self assessment ......although coaches are normally blunt with players in that respect too

Yes i thought Douglas moved the best he has for a month .......might have been carrying slight niggles that the bye corrected .......he looked quicker and sharper on Thursday

Hopefully it does, as a firing Douglas makes us a stronger outfit.

I feel the team that played on the week end will be close.
I think Milera will be shelved until next season, esp if we are in for a run at the flag.

The only ins that can improve what we have now are Seed, Menzel and Hampton
Seed come straight in when fit
Menzel will get a shot very soon and needs to grab that chance and kill it to hold his spot.
Hampton will be close behind Menzel once he's had 5-6 SANFL games, he also needs to kill it once in.

Players in the gun are Dougie, Dmac and McLovin.
Everybody's favorite whipping boy DMac has been better but facts are I think Seed has been better,
Dougie has been very average and if he can't fire up will go out when Hampton is fit enough, hell CEY isn't that far off him either.
McLovin has been fantastic and has had an "almost" season, he "will" soon but I think a fit Menzel push's him out.
Plus our forward line with Menzel.....OMG! The Southpark pic (you know the one).

Menzel is overrated

Not really.

Had a 30 goal season as an medium forward at Carlton, and has proved to have been a match winner (His last quarter against us in '14, There was also one against Port last year i think). Unfortunately, we're dealing with their mismanagement with Menz.

When we eventually judge him to be ready, he'll end up being an excellent player for us.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back